Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2) by Robin LaFevers → Start Date: February 14, 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Mandiann and I will be reading Dark Triumph, the 2nd book in His Fair Assassin series. We'd love for others to join us!

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments I loved this one! OMG! It's so good! I liked it better than the first one! Enjoy you guys! :D

message 3: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Better? Cool!! I hardly remember the first one...as usual. Lol

message 4: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments Better than the first? Not sure how that is possible because the first was AMAZING, but I am so excited!!

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments I know I know I know!! lol!
I loved it too! It's definitely darker and D'Albret is so much worse in this one! That's all I'm going to say! So I'll shut up now or spoilers will start flying! And we can't have that! Enjoy! :D

I cannot wait until book #3!!!

message 6: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I hope I can get back in the swing of this because I hardly remember the first book except that it WAS amazing!!! That much I remember. LOL

message 7: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments I remember most of the first. Let me know if you need any reminders or if there something specific you forget.

message 8: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Mandiann, I'll probably (nearly positive) I'll need your help. Lol

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments OMG this one is SO good. I hope you guys love it too!!!

message 10: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Trisha. :o)

message 11: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments What do you think, Vicki? Should we push it a few days? I can probably manage to start tomorrow if you can but I am equally okay with focusing on my other books too.

message 12: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sorry Mandiann, I've been so busy the past two days I didn't see this. I'm okay with moving it too but it's one of my copycat reads. I need to finish it by the 28th. LOL Is it doable for you if we move it to Feb. 21? We can leave this thread but change the date. It looks like it's just you and me. LOL

message 13: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments Yes its one of my copycats too. I am off next weekend and will have plenty of reading time for it. I am also almost down to two book at the moment.

message 14: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments Okay, almost ready to start this one! I am so excited. I am off all weekend and hope to wrap up 2-3 books before the weekend gets here.

message 15: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I hope you love it and enjoy it!

message 16: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments I hope we both do! How are you doing with books? Still buried?

message 17: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Haha, yep! But I have 28 finished for the year. :)

message 18: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kathy, have you begun this one yet? I need to read it for a challenge, so I am starting it tomorrow if not tonight.

message 19: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments I am good to start tomorrow.

message 20: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments 28! wow! thats terrific.

message 21: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks! I just need to figure out how to stay on top of my BR's all the time OR how to not look at the thread. LOL

message 22: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments lol. me too. just when I think I have them almost under control three more start.

message 23: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Haha! So fun tho!

message 24: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Did you start? I'll begin after work. I'm reading Eve & Adam right now. Liking it so far! :)

message 25: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments No, I am trying to finish Split Second and then I will start it.

message 26: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments I havent had a chance to start adam and eve, but I just finished split second and am going to start this one! I am super excited for dark triumph. I loved grave mercy. i cant wait to find out more about sybella

message 27: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, no problem. This week I have to focus some on finishing my challenge reading, especially the ones where I'm partnered. I don't want to let people down.

message 28: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments me too. I have finished any of my three copycat picks. but I am starting two today so its origress at least. Good luck!

message 29: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thank you. Good luck to you! :)

message 30: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments I just started and am one chapter in. my book has a wonderful map and a lovely list of the cast of characters at the front of the book!

message 31: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Mine does too :)

message 32: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments I just finished chapter 6. I am really enjoying that this book is from Sybella's POV but I (view spoiler)

I really hope that (view spoiler)

message 33: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments I just finished chapter 10. I am really curious (view spoiler)

I wish I could keep reading more but I am going to switch books as I have too many BR on the go.

I noticed you started. How far are you and what do you think so far?

message 34: by Vicki (last edited Feb 22, 2014 04:33PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I already read about half of this last year as I said in the sprint thread, but I've forgotten most of it. I'm in chapter 4 this time.

I did remember that (view spoiler)

Regarding your post in message 32, I know!!! (view spoiler)

Your second spoiler in #32 I want to see that happen as well. (view spoiler)

The duchess's "army" of (view spoiler)

Odette: (view spoiler)

I remember reading book 1 and thinking it was too confusing, but I absolutely loved it! Reading it with others helped, of course. And Trisha and some other readers raved over book 2. She doesn't rave easily, so I am sure this is an amazing book too. I am loving it so far, except for the godawful male character(s) who are such pigs!

message 35: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments But this series does have some really amazing male characters as well. I know though, the ones you are referring to are horrible creatures.

I read book one on my kobo from my library and it did not have the map or list of characters that my hardcover copy of book two has. I am really enjoying those 4 pages and find myself flipping to them regularly.

I hope when Sybella (view spoiler)

message 36: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments I just finished chapter 15.

Yay!! (view spoiler)

message 37: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yes, there are great and decent male characters, but I'm going from memory! Lol

message 38: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments I just finished chapter 30. I really dislike (view spoiler).

Yay! (view spoiler)

message 39: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Mandiann wrote: "I just finished chapter 30. I really dislike [spoilers removed].

Yay! [spoilers removed]"

Oh, I know, the (view spoiler)

message 40: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments Yes, she has, but her being back in the picture reminded me of it.

message 41: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments OH OKAY. It's a good thing that most authors have a good way to "review" in their subsequent books. I forget way too much! LOL

message 42: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments LOL I am loving this one. Can't put it down, will probably finish tonight.

message 43: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments That's great!

message 44: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments Are you enjoying it?

message 45: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yes! It's an amazing series!

message 46: by Mandiann (last edited Feb 23, 2014 04:29PM) (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments I just finished chapter 32. My heart aches for Sybella. The Abbess(view spoiler)

message 47: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments Just finished ch. 35.

YES YES YES!!!!!!! (view spoiler)

message 48: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Mandiann wrote: "I just finished chapter 32. My heart aches for Sybella. The Abbess[spoilers removed]"

I know right? I hate her!! I'm glad you are enjoying it so much too!

message 49: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments What part are you at?

message 50: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments I just finished. Too tired to post thoughts....

« previous 1