What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Holding on to Zoe
This topic is about Holding on to Zoe
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Imaginary Infant? Young adult book, published in the last 3-4 years I think.. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments I know this sounds crazy.But if my memory serves me correctly, the main character was a teen who worked, went to high school, AND had a baby. BUT (as I haven't read this book, only did some research on it ) the description of the plot seemed to hint at the fact that her baby possibly didn't I konw this sounds crazy.but if my memory serves me correctly, the main character was a teen who worked, went to high school, AND had a baby. BUT (as I haven't read this book, only did some research on it ) the description of the plot seemed to hint at the fact that her baby maybe didn't exist- or that the father wasn't her current boyfriend. There was something more sinister about the father of the baby. Incest? She had suffered some type of mental break...does this book sound familiar to anyone? It is a YA book, published in the last 3-4 years I think.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Alex, have you asked about this book before? I know that I've seen another post about a possibly imaginary baby, but not sure where.

message 3: by Trixie (new)

Trixie | 88 comments It reminds me of "The Pregnancy Project" by Gaby Rodriguez (with a ghostwriter), but this is a nonfiction book about a girl who faked a pregnancy for a "sociological" experiment for her senior project. It was published in 2012 or so, and the baby did not exist, so the boyfriend was not the father. I don't think there was much sinister about it except she fooled everyone into thinking she was pregnant, and I don't think there was a mental break,unless all the national attention about this news story got to her.

Again, it's nonfiction but could be?

message 4: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments Tricia wrote: "It reminds me of "The Pregnancy Project" by Gaby Rodriguez (with a ghostwriter), but this is a nonfiction book about a girl who faked a pregnancy for a "sociological" experiment for her senior proj..."

Tricia -

I am *certain* that the book you mention is not the one I am looking for. Thank you so much for you input...keeping my fingers crossed.

message 5: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Alex, have you asked about this book before? I know that I've seen another post about a possibly imaginary baby, but not sure where."

I don't remember asking about this book before...I get the feeling that this book may be a hard find...

message 6: by Diana (last edited Feb 04, 2014 04:07PM) (new)

Diana Welsch | 529 comments Is it Holding on to Zoe by George Ella Lyon?

message 7: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments Diana wrote: "Is it Holding on to Zoe by George Ella Lyon?"

I just looked this up - YES DIANA THIS IS THE BOOK!!!!!
Thank you you so much!

You guys are so good on here!!!

message 8: by Diana (new)

Diana Welsch | 529 comments You're welcome!

I work at a library and went through the catalog recently for books about teen pregnancy to make a booklist to display. I remembered seeing this one but deciding against it because the baby wasn't real. Enough girls who are in a rough situation ask for these books, and I wanted to keep it to mostly stories of young men and women who were making it work, and a story of a girl who was kind of crazypants probably wouldn't be helpful to them. :)

message 9: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments Crazypants...ha!