Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry discussion

IMPORTANT > Questions, Comments, Concerns

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 600 comments Questions, comments, or concerns? This is the place. Suggestions? Not so much.

message 2: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 28 comments Will the characters age after a certain period of time?

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Yes.

message 4: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 28 comments After how long? Like a year? Or will time go faster?(Like half a year)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) It will be a year in game, not real time. If that makes sense and/or helps.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 600 comments What Sarah said. :) The game will not progress equivocally to real time. We're going to start right after the Sorting Ceremony has been completed and I expect there to be frequent time skips. If we finish the school year (in game-time), our current characters will all be a year older when the next school year (again, in game-time) starts.

message 7: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 28 comments Okay. Thank you!

message 8: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 28 comments When will the roleplay start?

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) We need a few more characters and players I think.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 600 comments Yep. What Sarah said. :)

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 23 comments Hey, looked around and couldn't find an answer: Are we allowed more than one character? (Not an army of them, obviously.)

Also, I'm quite busy with work but would really like to be a part of this. As long as I'm available every day, generally, is that acceptable?

message 12: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Yes and yes.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 600 comments Define "an army of characters". (I think that would probably be okay...!)

message 14: by Jessica ❀Sparky❀ (last edited Feb 16, 2014 06:28PM) (new)

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 23 comments Sweet, thank you! And I don't know how I would define an army of characters, but I'm only looking to create two for the moment, so not that.

Also, HI KENZIE! I haven't talked to you in forever. :D

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 23 comments I don't really understand what the "posting order" rule means. What exactly is it?

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 600 comments I will leave that to Sarah to explain. She has a better handle on it than I do, and it was her idea originally (or she got it from someone else, either way I got it from her).

message 17: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (last edited Feb 17, 2014 10:34AM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Nope, it was my idea hahaha. I'll post my own rule here.
Here you go.

» Posting orders: when you wish to RP in a thread, establish a posting order with the other player(s) and stick to that order unless one of you specifies otherwise (i.e. "Okay, my character is leaving the scene now so you two go on ahead"). To do this: the first person to "open" the scene will then place in (()) a posting order like so --> ((Posting order: Sarah, Sunshine, Ji Mei)). Once all the players have seen this comment, delete it from your post.

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma So I saw under the members of Hoqwarts topic that a lot of the teachers from the old group are still there (I believe it's the most recent incarnation, other than this one?) anyways I was wondering if I could copy my divination professor over, even if she can't be head of Ravenclaw anymore?

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 23 comments Sorry, I'm still a little confused. So does "order" mean they have to post in that order every time, or it just to clarify who's in the scene? Thanks for your patience!

message 20: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) No worries. It means they post in that order every time unless y'all agree to change it mid-scene.

Emma, I'm not sure so I'll let Sunshine answer that.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 600 comments ⋆єммα⋆ wrote: "So I saw under the members of Hoqwarts topic that a lot of the teachers from the old group are still there (I believe it's the most recent incarnation, other than this one?) anyways I was wondering..."

Sorry doll, I haven't just been ignoring you! I've been thinking about it, and this is what I've decided: You can post that character provided any necessary adjustments are made to reflect the current staff as well as the current profile AND that you are willing to let her be played by others (the moderators) and not yourself until/unless you were made a moderator.

Does that answer your question sufficiently?

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma Yeah, I think so.
I'll probably think about that for a bit as well, lol...

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 600 comments Okay, sounds good. :)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

How many characters are we trying to get before we start? Or do we have a day were planning to start on?

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 600 comments Four or five characters minimum (completed and approved) in each House.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 600 comments Good question, btw.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Is it okay if I make a third character? I just can't stop!

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 600 comments Absolutely!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D Please do! I actually don't even know how many characters I'm up to now in here...

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

where do you make your person?

message 30: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) In the character workshop folder.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

ok thx

message 32: by Emma (new)

Emma On the announcements thread, you said woolfie and I will be playing teachers...
does that mean I can repost Calla? YAYYYYY

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 600 comments Yep! :D

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

so I joined and I want to make a character but I can't! character workshop is frozen.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Uh oh. Try shutting down your computer or refreshing the page.

message 36: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) You have to make a new thread and put it in the Character Workshop folder...

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

It's frozen for her though.

message 38: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) I think she means the actual template.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 600 comments Please look here friends! (The rules, if you haven't already agreed to them there.)

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 600 comments Jamie, did your question get answered or is there still a question there?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

well sorta but I don't care. My next question is wich thing do you make your character on? is it on profile? or members of Hogwarts!?

message 42: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Jellybeans, read this: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

It should answer your question.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

₰αᴙαh wrote: "Jellybeans, read this: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

It should answer your question."

OOOHHHH!!! how do you make a topic?

message 44: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (last edited Mar 11, 2014 02:16PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) If you click on the folder name, there should be a "new topic" button to the right. :)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

₰αᴙαh wrote: "If you click on the folder name, there should be a "new topic" button to the right. :)"

thanks!

message 46: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) You're welcome.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

btw how do you post a pic ?

message 48: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) I answered in the other thread lol.

message 49: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) I could bring my teachers across from the other group right?

message 50: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Yep.

« previous 1