Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge discussion

2014 Level 4-Sleuth Extra. > Susan S. 2014 Sleuth Extraordinaire Challenge

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanSolo) | 21 comments I'm in for the challenge!

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanSolo) | 21 comments January Books Read:

The Merlot Murders (Wine Country Mysteries #1) by Ellen Crosby The Chardonnay Charade (Wine Country Mysteries #2) by Ellen Crosby
Kissing Christmas Goodbye (Agatha Raisin, #18) by M.C. Beaton A Spoonful of Poison (Agatha Raisin, #19) by M.C. Beaton
All four were great books - engaging and entertaining. Now I have two new (to me) series to follow.

C.  (friends, please call me by name) (riedel) If you hadn't offered friendship (thank you for that), I would have! I own all but one of the first several Ellen Crosby. I've begun trading (no matter where anyone lives) with new friends who read paper books, as I do. In the event they aren't keeping them. I keep several but manage to have a very good giveaway pile. It'll come in handy for my challenges as well.

C.  (friends, please call me by name) (riedel) I've checked my shopping list. Go figure, "The Chardonnay Charade" is a pesky one that's been on my used list for years!

message 5: by C. (friends, please call me by name) (last edited Feb 03, 2014 04:24PM) (new)

C.  (friends, please call me by name) (riedel) Susan, I'm excited to the extreme that you are gracing 2/3 of my reading themes! Any mysteries, mystery author-related books (bios, how-to), and anything spiritual, mystical, or paranormal at all... count for the 2 you're doing. Only rule is that "Ethereal" be one place for metaphysical concepts that is vampire / zombie /werewolf-free. ;)

Let's say any finished as of January 31st, click on that book and you'll see "My Review" at the top. You can also use their current bookshelf list and click "edit". Once your review is done, I don't care if it's one line just to get you warmed up, the same two ways again let you grab your review URL. Either use the bookshelf view to click "view", or click on the book, then press "My Review". From there, you'll copy your URL. Paste it into the 'linky button' of all applicable reading challenges.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanSolo) | 21 comments THANKS! You are a dear :)

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanSolo) | 21 comments Finished two more books. I'm enjoying them on audible, so I can knit while I read! Such fun!

5. The Quiche of Death (Agatha Raisin, #1) by M.C. Beaton 6. Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet (Agatha Raisin, #2) by M.C. Beaton

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanSolo) | 21 comments 7. Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3) by M.C. Beaton

I think I will listen to this whole series before the year is out!

C.  (friends, please call me by name) (riedel) I've collected several of them but have no fear of liking them. On enjoyment of both her series, you and world-wide fans agree!

message 10: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanSolo) | 21 comments Finished two more books:
8. Real Murders (Aurora Teagarden, #1) by Charlaine Harris 9. A Charming Crime (Magical Cure Mystery, #1) by Tonya Kappes

C.  (friends, please call me by name) (riedel) I have most of the Aurora Teagardens. I think you & I, Susan, will be comparing a lot of notes this fine year! :) I hope you like the creative review pages and that you have fun deciding where the "Ethereal" ones go.

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanSolo) | 21 comments C. wrote: "I have most of the Aurora Teagardens. I think you & I, Susan, will be comparing a lot of notes this fine year! :) I hope you like the creative review pages and that you have fun deciding where t..."
I'm enjoying the reviews - working on making mine better….I'm looking forward to a fun year of reading and comparing notes :)

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanSolo) | 21 comments 10. Agatha Raisin and the Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4) by M.C. Beaton

message 14: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanSolo) | 21 comments Finished another Agatha Raisin!
11. Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage (Agatha Raisin, #5) by M.C. Beaton

message 15: by C. (friends, please call me by name) (last edited Feb 21, 2014 01:22PM) (new)

C.  (friends, please call me by name) (riedel) I'd better dive into the Marion Chesney Beaton I have collected, pronto! :) I have several of the first ones with which to start. Oh but if you saw my rooms. There are so many authors I've collected, whom I look forward to reading. Where to start! Where to start!

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanSolo) | 21 comments C. wrote: "I'd better dive into the Marion Chesney Beaton I have collected, pronto! :) I have several of the first ones with which to start. Oh but if you saw my rooms. There are so many authors I've coll..."

Totally understand the dilemma of which book to read and what pile to tackle. The other problem is, of course, I keep adding to my "I want to read" list!!!!

C.  (friends, please call me by name) (riedel) Hello Susan my dear! It's a blowy, snowy day in the prairies but temperatures are all right for this time of year: -10C. I walk to the library and back, ushering cats or putting away books, merely wearing a robe. Heehee. I'd like to start chatter on the "Ethereal" & "My Kind Of Mystery" pages but thought I'd say 'hello' at your recent activity here. :) When I do begin to read Marion at last, there is an abundance of people with whom to discuss it.

message 18: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanSolo) | 21 comments C. wrote: "Hello Susan my dear! It's a blowy, snowy day in the prairies but temperatures are all right for this time of year: -10C. I walk to the library and back, ushering cats or putting away books, mere..."

Hi Carolyn - glad you are staying inside and keeping warm. We may get some much needed rain this weekend - which will give me more "excuses" to read! I will keep checking the "Ethereal" & "My Kind Of Mystery" pages to add to the chatter! It's great to share….

message 19: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanSolo) | 21 comments 12. The Riesling Retribution (Wine Country Mysteries #4) by Ellen Crosby

message 20: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanSolo) | 21 comments 13. Death at Wentwater Court (Daisy Dalrymple, #1) by Carola Dunn
Enjoyed this first in the series. Of course, now I've just added more to my TBR list!

message 21: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanSolo) | 21 comments 14. Unraveled (A Knitting Mystery, #9) by Maggie Sefton

message 22: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne (yvonne473) | 859 comments Mod
Hi Susan,

I don't think I welcomed you to the challenge. I'm sorry about that, but welcome! M.C. Beaton is an offer I hope to get to soon.