UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Say hello here .... nearly spring 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 312 (312 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments OK, it isn't spring yet but it hasn't snowed yet.

Welcome to the group, introduce yourself and get your snow shovel out.....

If you are struggling to get round our site try Group Quick Start

Please start by adding a post to our ‘Introduce Yourself ‘ thread. We are a nosey lot and would love to know who you are, what you like to read (and write), where you live and what you drink, eat, wear and grow.

This thread meanders off-topic quite a bit but as soon as a new member comes along our friendly but bonkers members soon appear to give you a warm welcome.

Of course you don’t have to introduce yourself if you prefer.

Getting started is often a bit of a problem. Try our Group Quick Start for tips.

You could head off to Meet The Authors,check out our Summer Book Selection, check out the New releases or play some Group Games.

The Author Zone is going great guns. This is not just for authors by any means but gives them a place where they can talk about publishing challenges and resources. It is a no-promo zone!

Even if you don’t feel ready to post something you are most welcome to sit back and watch the fun.

This forum is very lightly moderated (hardly noticeable), occasionally we will ask you to keep a particular thread on topic and we have a few simple rules about author threads and new releases.

There are plenty of ebook related threads, author related discussions including a debate on the merits of KDP Select and a place to share your musical taste.

If you have any problems you can post questions on the threads or visit our Agony Aunt and someone will come along and help. If you would rather not ask your question publicly by all means send a personal message (PM) to Patti or myself and we will try to help.

I archive this section from time to time, so if you want a conversation that isn't going to disappear, feel free to use any of the existing threads or start your own.

Still struggling? Click the link below and tell us how we can make things better.
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 2: by Madoc (new)

Madoc Fox | 9 comments Hello!

I did introduce myself on the winter 2013 forum but came back to say hello and I think everyone has left. Was it something I said?! Ok, so I'm guessing maybe that was closed down to further posts in favour of this new hello spring 2014 thread. Thanks to those who already welcomed me. To those who might have missed it, just wanted to say hi, hopefully in the right place this time :)

Hope to speak to you soon!

Madoc

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (Spiderg1rl) (spiderg1rl) | 735 comments Hello Madoc welcome to the group :-D

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Hi Madoc, and welcome to Spring :-)

message 5: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Pretty certain I said Hi Madoc, but just in case I didn't. HI :~)

message 6: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments Hello :o)

message 7: by Olivena (new)

Olivena Readings | 3 comments Hi Everyone
Im very new to this whole forum thing...and would like to apologise profoundly here and now for any offence I may cause along what I hope to be a long journey ahead!
I love books....and have copious shelves full of many I have yet to read...
I love the idea that they portray me as a deep and meaningful soul with unlimited character depth....in truth i read anything from a good ride and a cracking twist...to a jumping bouncing ryhming childrens tale...i like funny...admire emotion and would one day love to dust off that 'grow your own' book at the bottom of the bookcase and get to work on a worthy veg patch!

message 8: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25094 comments Hi Olivena. Welcome to a group of fellow book-lovers!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Olivena wrote: "Hi Everyone
Im very new to this whole forum thing...and would like to apologise profoundly here and now for any offence I may cause along what I hope to be a long journey ahead!
I love books....and..."

Brilliant!

Welcome! You've found kindred spirits!

message 10: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1791 comments Welcome Madoc and Olivena! I'd love a worthy veg patch too, just need to get myself a 'grow your own' book!

Well, that and a garden...

message 11: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Hi Olivena, welcome to the group.

You can help out on my allotment, if you like; I don't have the time :D

message 12: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Hi Olivena!

Welcome to the fun, I'm DeeDee!

Hi again, Madoc. ;-)

*Waves*

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Our group is a gardeners dream.

Many of us are full of shite.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Our group is a gardeners dream.

Many of us are full of shite."

And bacon.

message 15: by Kit (new)

Kit O'Conor Hi everyone! A little about me - I'm a pretty obsessive reader, I try to keep my tastes open, I like all good writing, captivating characters and plots more than any particular subject matter.

I've written a novel, my style is sort of urban fantasy / magical realism. I'll spare you the promotion spiel for now :)

I'll see if I can share some of the gems I've been reading with you guys. There have been a few.

message 16: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Welcome to the group, Kit.

message 17: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments Gingerlily - Smiter of idiots. wrote: "Patti (baconater) wrote: "Our group is a gardeners dream.

Many of us are full of shite."

And bacon."

There's a difference?

message 18: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments Kit, if you scroll down the menu page - a lot - you'll see that you can open an author thread to talk about, well almost anything

message 19: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25094 comments Welcome, Kit!

message 20: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Hi Kit!

message 21: by ✿Claire✿ (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3056 comments Hi Olivena and Kit!! :)

message 22: by Alex (new)

Alex South (alexsouth) | 86 comments Hi Olivena. Hi Kit. :)

message 23: by Olivena (new)

Olivena Readings | 3 comments A lovely welcome! Thank you everyone!

message 24: by Alex (new)

Alex South (alexsouth) | 86 comments Kit and Olivena - what have you been reading recently?

message 25: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Hello Olivena and Kit!

message 26: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments Welcome Kit and Olivena

message 27: by Olivena (new)

Olivena Readings | 3 comments Hello! Thank you for your warm greetings!
I have to be honest here...I've pretty much been reading children's books the last two years, which quite frankly has been a gigantic pleasure. My favourite has to be The lion who wanted to love by Giles Andrea....sadly, these days, my son refuses to take it off the shelf which is no doubt down to the distorting, somewhat monster like voice that comes into play as I battle to hold back the tears at the end!

Virginie (chouettblog) Hello all,

I am Virginie.
I joined the group a couple of days ago but completely forgot to introduce myself.

Looking forward to smash my personal reading challenges in 2014.

message 29: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments Olivena, have you read You Are Special by Max Lucado? I love it as a kids book and it has a lovely moral behind it as well (just be you and don't let others judge you). It makes me cry as does Guess How Much I Love You

message 30: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Hello and welcome!

I'm DeeDee.

message 31: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments Welcome Virginie :o)

message 32: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Hi Virginie, welcome to the group.

Virginie (chouettblog) Hi all, and thank you for welcoming me to the group.

message 34: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25094 comments Hi Virginie! Hope you enjoy being here as much as we do!

message 35: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Hello and welcome Virginie!

Virginie (chouettblog) I am sure I will :)

message 37: by Amy (new)

Amy Peterson (amylpeterson) | 4 comments A high five paws to you all. Hope it's okay that a michigander joins you. I'm the author of Something Furry Underfoot, a humorous, touching memoir about raising a whole bunch of pets some of you might own: hedgehogs, ferrets, dogs, a stray cat, rabbits, mynah birds, hamsters, gerbils, mice, and tropical fish. Oh, and let's not forget Smokey Joe, the rescued wild mouse. I blog about pets, nature and "life" at www.amylpeterson.com. And I have exactly two reviews of my book on Amazon UK so if anyone likes pets and books, well, just let me know. Meanwhile, looking forward to meeting you all.

message 38: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne | 11 comments Hi everyone. I'm Yvonne from Northwest UK.

message 39: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Hi Amy and Yvonne, welcome to the group.Have a look around and join in :~)

message 40: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Hi Amy and Yvonne!

Welcome!

message 41: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25094 comments Hi Amy and Yvonne - join the club!

message 42: by Caspian (new)

Caspian (caspian1976) | 18 comments Good afternoon. I am new here and known to some of you as Gingerlily's friend "Mental Dave". Having now taken proprietary counselling and appropriate medicaments I feel suitably unhinged to join your group. I would like to open... a bottle of something. x

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Oh mo, he's here. Everybody run!!

message 44: by Caspian (new)

Caspian (caspian1976) | 18 comments Electricity, Bayonett, three pin... Ooh and fuses! What...? Oh Apologies. No plugs...

message 45: by Caspian (new)

Caspian (caspian1976) | 18 comments Nobody move... If you don't move, she can't see you. Bit like a T-Rex.

message 46: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments You can otherwise distract her with custard.

Welcome Amy and Yvonne :o)

.... oh... and I suppose you too Mental Dave.

message 47: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25094 comments Caspian wrote: "Good afternoon. I am new here and known to some of you as Gingerlily's friend "Mental Dave". Having now taken proprietary counselling and appropriate medicaments I feel suitably unhinged to join yo..."

You'll have to try harder than that to out-weird us! Welcome to the nut-house. I believe you have 'done a book' as they say. Somewhere. Probably. :)

message 48: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments The infamous mental Dave! Welcome to the group.

Does this mean we get to know lots of juicy stuff about GL?

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Oh no Kath, don't say that, he'll take it as a challenge!

message 50: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Hello mental Dave!

I'm DeeDee.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.