Children's Books discussion

Mother Nature Rhymes
This topic is about Mother Nature Rhymes
Authors/ Publishers/ Promotional > What an ePicture Book Should Look Like

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.B. (new)

D.B. Johnson (goodreadscomdbjohnson) | 8 comments Pictures come alive to the gentle sounds of nature in Mother Nature Rhymes, an animated ebook of rhymes for young children written and illustrated by D. B. Johnson, author of nine picture books, including the NY Times Bestseller Henry Hikes to Fitchburg (Houghton Mifflin, 2000). Download a FREE copy to your iPad here:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/moth...

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) | 6441 comments Mod
omg - the Henry books are amazing - esp. Henry Climbs a Mountain - speaking as a total fangirl, not a moderator, I just gotta say I'm so glad to see you here and to see you've a new book (too bad I've only android) - ok I'll shut up now

message 3: by D.B. (new)

D.B. Johnson (goodreadscomdbjohnson) | 8 comments Thanks, Cheryl. Glad to be here. Sorry you don't have an iPad.

message 4: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Dabo | 7 comments Keep going Cheryl, introduce D.B. Johnson to those of us who don't know him. A legend deserves to be known worldwide.

message 5: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Dabo | 7 comments Good to meet you D.B.!

message 6: by D.B. (new)

D.B. Johnson (goodreadscomdbjohnson) | 8 comments J.B. wrote: "Good to meet you D.B.!"

Hi JB. Sorry to say I don't have a Kindle to read your book. Maybe someday all these technologies will be one!

message 7: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Dabo | 7 comments I know what you mean D.B. they're trying hard to face out printed copies. I have it available to read on my author profile or better yet I can send a PDF to you if you want to read it on your computer.

message 8: by Dolly (new)

Dolly (dollymart) | 252 comments We're also huge fans of the Henry series. I about fainted when our librarian in Hawaii started reading Henry Hikes to Fitchburg during storytime, since I grew up very near there (and actually got my driver's license in Fitchburg.

We are so excited to read your new book!

message 9: by D.B. (new)

D.B. Johnson (goodreadscomdbjohnson) | 8 comments Thanks so much, Dolly! Mother Nature Rhymes has a couple of rhymes about Henry--indeed all the rhymes are inspired by passages from Walden. Hope you have an iPad and can download it. I had a lot of fun dreaming up the rhymes and animating them.

message 10: by DeDe (new)

DeDe (airbornebunny) | 3 comments Oh, D.B. - my son is napping, but as soon as he's awake, I'm going to read this to him. He is going to LOVE it! The animation is fantastic, and the audio of the birds and whatnot. My son, Ranger, is obsessed with birds right now (he's almost 2), so he's going to flip over this, I just know! Thanks so much!