Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, #4, #5, #prequel/4.5 (?)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MK (last edited Feb 02, 2014 08:37AM) (new)

MK (wisny) | 86 comments Hi, I'm read in some of this Hitchhikers Guide series, and came across some page numbering issues, and also the exclusion of a novella that is part of the series, found in some of the collections books.

Here are the three page numbering issue I noticed:

· ASIN: B001OF5F1E, 225 pages for Kindle edition on Amazon, listed as 196 on Goodreads So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

· ASIN: B002SME1J4, 284 pages for Kindle edition on Amazon, listed as 244 on Goodreads Mostly Harmless

· (there was a third page numbering error, one of the editions of one of the books, listed 9,999 pages, but I lost track of which, when my kindle kept reloading this page, and I had to keep starting over :-( ... )

And the last one is an exclusion from the series listing. The novella, Young Zaphod Plays It Safe, Ian' t included in the listing of books in the series. It is described as a prequel, that is available in some of the omnibus collections. Although it is described as a prequel, in The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it is inserted in between books #4, & #5 ... So I don't know if that makes it Hitchhikers #4.5, #0.5, or something else ... but it should be included in the series group.

message 2: by MK (new)

MK (wisny) | 86 comments Done editing .... I think! :-p

message 3: by Banjomike (last edited Feb 02, 2014 09:12AM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments MK wrote: "And the last one is an exclusion from the series listing. The novella, Young Zaphod Plays It Safe http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15..., Ian' t included in the listing of books in the series. It is described as a prequel, that is available in some of the omnibus collections. Although it is described as a prequel, in The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it is inserted in between books #4, & #5 ... So I don't know if that makes it Hitchhikers #4.5, #0.5, or something else ... but it should be included in the series group. "

Don't think so. Young Zaphod Plays It Safe has never been available as a standalone edition. The one that you have linked to is a Wikipedia article about the story NOT the story itself. If the book does not exist then we don't add it to the series although I will add a note to the series blurb mentioning where the story can be found.

Edit: others done.

message 4: by MK (new)

MK (wisny) | 86 comments Ah, okay! Sounds good, Benjamin. Ty :)

message 5: by MK (new)

MK (wisny) | 86 comments I mean Banjomike... dang you, autocorrect! :-p