Historical Fictionistas discussion

Historical Fiction Discussions > Need help remembering the name of this HF book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deepa (new)

Deepa Hello,
Several years ago, I read a book about a young girl, I think, in Inquisition-era Spain who becomes an expert in the art of paper making and maybe calligraphy. The book was about her travails and vaguely remember her landing in England also.

Any help in identifying this book, author?
Thanks!!
Deepa

message 2: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Corona | 11 comments I wonder if it might be Watermark by Vanitha Sankaran. Set in Medieval France not Spain, but similar content. If not the right one, you might like it anyway

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sharonk) | 17 comments I agree with Laurel, think it could be Watermark. It was set in Toulouse at the time of the Inquisition, which had taken root in southern France after the Albigensian Crusade. She did not travel to England, though. You might try looking at Watermark on Amazon and then see what other books those who buy it also get.

message 4: by Becky, Moddess (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) | 3386 comments Mod
Deepa, please check to make sure that a thread does not already exist before starting a new one. We have a "What's the name of that book?" thread already for helping figure out a forgotten title.

message 5: by Deepa (new)

Deepa Thanks, all. That sounds right... Will check it out.
And Becky, sorry about starting new thread.. Just joined this group.. Will learn the ropes!!

message 6: by Becky, Moddess (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) | 3386 comments Mod
That's OK. Just letting you know for next time. :)