Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
This topic is about Cress
Archive > Cress - 4th Feb 2014

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn, Moderator (last edited Feb 01, 2014 06:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn | 4151 comments Mod
This is a buddy read for Cress
Anyone and everyone welcome to join in

Release date and therefore our start date is February 4th

As everyone reads at different speeds, we ask that if you're going to talk about a specific point / plot (rather than your general feelings on the book) then please use spoiler tags.
You can do this by doing the following:
< spoiler > enter the spoiler text here < /spoiler >

message 2: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 6096 comments Mod
I'm in. I'll be joining as soon as my book is delivered!

message 3: by Rida (last edited Feb 01, 2014 07:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rida Sajid | 195 comments Lynn, when we are supposed to finish it? Cz I haven't read the first two books yet

message 4: by Lynn, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn | 4151 comments Mod
Rida - As always there is no time limit on the finish, anyone can join in the discussion at any time.

Rida Sajid | 195 comments Ook :) then I am in

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments I'm in and very excited! :)

message 7: by Savanes, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Savanes | 2050 comments Mod
Me too! :D

message 8: by Savanes, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

I will get it on my kindle on the 6th. I was very impressed by the kindle version's price (only 5€!!!). That's cheap for a new release!

message 9: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

I just got a notice that I will receive it on the 6th too! So excited to get it. Now to finish some other books so that I have time to read it!

message 10: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

For anyone that's interested, I found another short story. I didn't know about this one until today. :) It is The Little Android (Lunar Chronicles 2.5).

http://www.wattpad.com/36352935-the-l...

message 11: by Lynn, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn | 4151 comments Mod
So I'm 10% in so far ... has anyone else started?

Alycia (bookhound18) Kristie- Thanks for the link! I was just wondering if she had another short story out! :)

Lynn- I've started it!

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments I'm starting today!! :)

message 14: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Didn't get my book yet. Hopefully, today!

message 15: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alycia - You're welcome!

message 16: by Lynn, Moderator (last edited Feb 07, 2014 05:11AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn | 4151 comments Mod
I'm at 20% (didn't read that much last night as I was out and then didn't do my usual staying up until the early hours reading, I actually slept instead. Who'd have thought you could do that!)

What a pickle they are already in!

message 17: by Alycia (last edited Feb 07, 2014 05:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alycia (bookhound18) I'm roughly in the same place, Lynn... :) They are in quite the pickle!

I'm loving Cress' character already. (view spoiler) I'm already dreading getting to the end of this. I don't want to wait another year for the next one! Waaa lol

message 18: by Lynn, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn | 4151 comments Mod
I'm not sure your spoiler is actually a spoiler Alycia lol However I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry :)

30% in now - Yes I'm loving Cress too. Thorne is making me smile / laugh as always. (view spoiler)

message 19: by Lynn, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn | 4151 comments Mod
51% in - Arrrrggghhhh our lovely heroes are not very bright, (view spoiler)

It's all very entertaining but not a huge amount happening really.

Alycia (bookhound18) lol Well, I'm overly cautious I guess... ;)

message 21: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finally got my book today! But, I need to finish one of my others before starting.

Vanessa, Anima, Tullia - Have any of you started yet?

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments I'm in 15% and I will try to read some more today, but as my family is at home (as usually during the weekend LOL), I may not have that much time.

Anyway, so far it is nice to meet all the characters from the previous installments.

message 23: by Savanes, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

I started on the 6th, I was just off the internet! :) Only read 10% so I can't say much so far!

message 24: by Lynn, Moderator (last edited Feb 08, 2014 12:33PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn | 4151 comments Mod
60% - Well, well, well .... (view spoiler)

message 25: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ugh! I need more time to read and catch up! Lol

message 26: by Lynn, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn | 4151 comments Mod
hehehehe

message 27: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Such a meanie!! lol ;) But you do make me laugh! I will catch up...

message 28: by Savanes, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie wrote: "Such a meanie!! lol ;) But you do make me laugh! I will catch up..."

Me too, I'm at 10%.

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments I'm in 70% and (view spoiler)

message 30: by Lynn, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn | 4151 comments Mod
85% - (view spoiler)

message 31: by Lynn, Moderator (last edited Feb 09, 2014 01:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn | 4151 comments Mod
So I've finished.

I feel that the book was unnecessarily long with nothing really happening for more than the first half of the book. Things did pick up eventually though and I did enjoy it but I do think this was written as a set up for the next instalment rather than a story in it's own right.

The characters are great and I'm becoming really attached to them all. (view spoiler)

::waits for you all to catch up::

message 32: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

That's a bit of a bummer. I really prefer stories that are whole on their own, not just a set up for the next installment. Oh well. I'm sure I'll be looking forward to the next one...for a year.

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments I have finished, and I agree with Lynn. This part seems to be a lead in to the next and last installment of the series. Nevertheless, for me it was as equal fun as with previous parts. I loved it and gave it five stars, mainly due to the fact that it was to be followed by the next book (otherwise it would be rather poor as for the last in the series LOL). I also love the characters and I'm already impatient to have the next book. But well, there are so many other reads to distract me while waiting :)

Tessa | 75 comments Wow, you guys are so fast! I'm only 40% in. This book is much more longer than the first 2, but it's awesome as well. And Cress is such an entertaining character. I just want to see her out of that desert!

Alycia (bookhound18) I haven't gotten very far at all yet. Had a very busy weekend and didn't have time to read. I plan to read today! :)

Maree Berends | 17 comments I've turned the first page am am super pumped to get into this book. I have loved the last two and would be a devoted reader for life now. If the author writes anything else I will definitely read it.

Valerie (darthval) | 411 comments Not sure if I will get this in Feb, but I am looking forward to it. I love this series.

Alycia (bookhound18) Tullia wrote: "Finished Cress today. I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, but still gave it 3 stars because I really enjoyed the ending."

I ended up stalling out about halfway through. It's just not as interesting as the other two. I'll get back to it later on when I'm in the mood for it.

message 39: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alycia wrote: "Tullia wrote: "Finished Cress today. I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, but still gave it 3 stars because I really enjoyed the ending."

I ended up stalling out about halfway through. It's just not as interesting as the other two. I'll get back to it later on when I'm in the mood for it."

That's disappointing. I haven't had a chance to start this one yet, but I was expecting it to be similar in pacing, style, etc to the first too. A fun & easy read. Hopefully getting to it soon.

message 40: by Alycia (last edited Mar 03, 2014 11:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alycia (bookhound18) Ok, I'm enjoying it now! Just had to take a break for a bit until I was in the right mood for it. (view spoiler)

message 41: by Alycia (last edited Mar 06, 2014 07:05AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alycia (bookhound18) Finished! If I'm not mistaken, there's only one book left in the series...right? I'm interested to see how they'll wrap it up. (view spoiler)

message 42: by Joyce (last edited Mar 06, 2014 01:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joyce Oh man, just finished the first book two days ago. I liked it a lot. Getting the next two from the library. Can't wait to see how the story goes.

message 43: by Lynn, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn | 4151 comments Mod
Alycia - Yes as far as I'm aware Winter is the last one (but you never know with these YA series!)

Joyce I love this series! I just got the book yesterday and can't wait to dig in! I saw that Winter isn't due till 2015, darn.

Maree Berends | 17 comments I'm so close to finishing this book. Loving the whole book!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Cress (other topics)