Start by marking “Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)

4.47  ·  Rating Details ·  160,773 Ratings  ·  18,788 Reviews
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent h
Hardcover, 1st, 550 pages
Published February 4th 2014 by Feiwel & Friends

Win a Copy of This Book

• Cress by Marissa Meyer
    Cress (Las crónicas lunares, #3)
    Release date: Oct 16, 2016
    Enter to win an Spanish Language edition of CRESS: Book Three of the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, published by Ellas de Montena

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 3 copies available, 2618 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 14 - Mar 28, 2017

Countries available: US, CA, and AR more

Format: Print Book

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Cress, please sign up.

Ruby It comes out in November 2015!
    It's going to be a looooooooonnngg and painful wait!
    Fairest comes out in January, though! (Jan. 27, 2015)
    City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
    Can't Wait Books of 2014
    2,441 books — 15,824 voters
    YA Novels of 2014
    1,533 books — 8,991 voters

More lists with this book...

Jesse (JesseTheReader)
    Nov 18, 2015 Jesse (JesseTheReader) rated it it was amazing
    THIS BOOK DEFINITELY LIVED UP TO THE HYPE FOR ME. OH MY GAHHHHH.
    ACTION. ADVENTURE. MADNESS. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY MY NEW SHIP: THORNE AND FREAKING CRESS. I LOVE THEM TOGETHER SO MUCH. AHHHH.

(sorry not sorry for my not so professional review. ALL THE CAPS LOCK. ALL OF IT.)
    Emily May
    Dec 18, 2013 Emily May rated it really liked it
    “Have you given any thought to your wedding vows?” Kai snorted.
    “Delete anything that has to do with love, respect, or joy, and I’ll sign on the dotted line.”

3 1/2 stars. After I finally gave in and read Scarlet recently, people have been urging me to read Cress. I can see why - this book is so so much fun.

Firstly, I have to say that Meyer has really worked on her pacing since the days of Cinder (which I personally found really boring). This book zips along from action scene, to discovery, to
    Anne
    Jan 02, 2013 Anne rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: favorites
    Angela
    FAVE.

May or may not be because of Thorne.

(It totally is.)
    Hailey (HaileyInBookland)
    4.5*

Dannnnnnng that ending!!! I totally get why a lot of people say this is their favourite in the series, it's definitely mine!
    Katerina
    Jan 28, 2015 Katerina rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: fantasy, dystopia
    “Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon a Time.”

Once Upon a Time, there was an avid reader (let's call her Teri) who lived and breathed words. When she was sad, she bought a book to cheer her up. When she was happy or successful, she bought a book to celebrate. When she was worried, she bought a book to forget her problems. One cold winter's night, she found herself in a magical place known as the Bookstore. A place full of wonders and fairydust, a safe haven from a world so mund
    Steph Sinclair
    This is my 100th book of 2013 and it was magnificent.

photo fireworks_zps17303d64.gif

NEED. WINTER. NOW.

When I first jumped on the Lunar Chronicles bandwagon, I was late to the party. I tend to avoid any novel in the blogosphere that is garnering a ton of hype, due to past experiences where the hype completely killed my enjoyment. However, I dove into Cinder trepidatiously and came out completely in love, mostly thanks to the sweet nostalgia feelings from the cleverly added Sailor Moon references. And if that wasn’t clear bef
    Angelica

"When she was jut a child, the witch locked her away in a tower that had neither doors nor stairs."

BEFORE READING:
    Cinder?...and Rapunzel?...in a desert?...in 2014?
    Can life get any more depressing?!?!?! It sounds so interesting but also sooooo far away! I just read Scarlet and now I have to wait a whole year!!!!
    It's like....

(was that the perfect gif or what?)

Oh and Scarlet and Wolf better be there too or I'll just...I'll just:

h
    g
    bob

UPDATE!!!!!
    The cover for these book
    Kat O'Keeffe
    Feb 25, 2013 Kat O'Keeffe rated it it was amazing
    Every single book in this series is FANTASTIC! Winter just became my most anticipated book of next year. I cannot wait to see how this series concludes!

Full review to come :)
    Brittney ~ Her Bookish Things
    Well THAT was fun. Why. Why did I wait so long to read this series??!

Cress. Thorne. Freaking cuteness overload. Yep, I'm going to talk about it because I may or may not have squealed aloud several times while reading this book. They are easily one of my all time favorite ships.

Cress herself is just so stinking cute. She's so not like a typical heroine. She's extremely intelligent but is primarily a daydreamer and tends to be swept up in her imagination. Ahem... that sounds familiar. Anywayyyy I
    Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
    Reread updates:

“The people of Luna don’t need a princess. They need a revolutionary.”
    Cinder furrowed her brow. “A revolutionary,” she repeated. She liked that a lot better than
    princess.

WELP. I'm sad to say that Cress still drove me mad for the first 75% of this book, but once again, she inexplicably improved in the end. This is one series that benefits greatly from multiple POVs.

Onward and upwards.

THEORIES: (view spoiler)
    Kai
    Apr 02, 2015 Kai rated it it was amazing
    "Maybe there isn’t such a thing as fate. Maybe it’s just the opportunities we’re given, and what we do with them."

Stunning, heartbreaking, thrilling are just a few words to describe Cress. And it's not enough. This was such a good read, I had to put this book down a few times and just breath. Out of fear (oh Marissa Meyer knows how to build up suspense) and relief (well at least she loves her characters enough not to kill them off one after another).
    Cinder is brave as ever, Scarlet(well let's no
    Bangadybangz
    Jan 02, 2016 Bangadybangz rated it it was amazing
    Okay so I'm going to be honest, I was a little bored with this one early on when it was just mostly Cress and Thorne wandering around the desert, but then HOLY CRAP this book got good!
    There was so much going on in this and it was so exciting and I just loved the way all the characters' story lines were all tied in with each other, and literally just this story is so gripping. I love it. I love all of the characters. Their each so unique and wonderful and flawed and beautiful and swing all of the
    Kassidy
    Eeeeeee my love for this series just increased 10 fold with this book! The audiobook is excellent, I would highly recommend it.
    Darth J
    May 27, 2015 Darth J rated it it was ok
    Shelves: disappointing, series
    After just finding out that "Cress" stands for "Crescent", this is what is running through my head:

Sorry but this book just dragged on and on. I get that the author is trying to pull multiple POVs together now into one story, but it was very stop/start when done in the same scene. I didn't care very much for this entry in the series. I was so bored with this one that I have very little to say about the dry plot.
    Elevetha

2014?

description

Are you absolutely sure you don't want to give it to me now??

Like, positive?

Ugh.

Oh, and I had it straight from Marissa herself that, yes, Scarlet and Wolf will be in Cress with POVs!!! (I think the POV is Scarlet's though)

4.5 stars.
    Sarah (Starry Night Reader)
    Last night at around 1:30am, I came upon what I could tell was the beginning of the end of this book. It seemed like a good place to stop for the night, because I was still 150 pages from the end, and didn't want to get caught up in the conclusion of the story only to have to put it down to sleep. 1:30 is already past my bed time anyway! I put the book down, turned out the lights, and lay there thinking about how in the hell the gang was going to pull this epicness off.

And thinking...

And thinki
    Gillian
    *EXPLODES*

BEST YET. WINTER, WHY YOU SO FAR AWAY? WHAT IS BRAIN.

Originally posted at Writer of Wrongs

This review contains spoilers for books one and two in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Scarlet.

Okay. Words. I need to put together words for this book, but I can't because THIS BOOK.

It's a big, honking long book, and trust me, that's the best part. You never want this ride to end. We're thrust into action and adventure from the get-go. The characters you've come to love throughout the series su
    Sana  Khalid °¤°
    3 1/2 stars.

I have mixed feeling about this Rapunzel retelling.

Towards the beginning I was really enjoying it, but then towards the middle it fell flat and then towards the end it picked back up for me. About 50% of my time on this book was spent whining and complaining about when it's going to get better.

Even though I was bored and trying not to eat my little brother, I actually enjoyed and also found myself liking Thorne better too. In Scarlet I couldn't care if Thorne died, but in this book
    Caitlin
    Nov 29, 2016 Caitlin rated it really liked it
    "Maybe there isn't such a thing as fate. Maybe it's just the opportunities we're given, and what we do with them. I'm beginning to think that maybe great, epic romances don't just happen. We have to make them ourselves."

description

I was beyond excited to pick up this book because I absolutely loved Thorne and I just knew I'd love Cress as well, however, the other characters fell extremely flat for a solid 80% of this book. I grew to really dislike Kai and even Cinder at times. Wolf and Scarlet both became
    April (Aprilius Maximus)
    Aug 02, 2013 April (Aprilius Maximus) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2014, 2015
    First read - 18th February 2014
    Reread - 14th November 2015

COMPLETE PERFECTION
    Dorreh
    Mar 19, 2015 Dorreh rated it liked it
    Well I probably want to start with the fact that I didn't give this book the 5 full stars I gave the other two books before this one. It's not a matter of liking this book less, because I didn't, I loved it just as much as the other two, only this one had some minor mishap that made it slightly less appealing.

For starters the book had a relatively slower pace than the other two, and when it's a matter of comparison, this point stands out in an authors style of writing. This slow pace in turn le
    Maria V. Snyder

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ and a half / 5 stars
    Lead Male Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
    Lead Female Character: ★ ★ ★ and a half / 5 stars
    Plotline: ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
    Genre: Action, adventure, dystopian, fairytale-retelling, and some romance
    Will I recommend this book to others?: Definitely!
    Will I reread this book?: YES!
    Overall story summed up in one word: Fabulous!

THIS REVIEW WILL HAVE SPOILERS! I REPEAT, THIS REVIEW WILL HAVE SPOILERS! PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

★ Cr
    Christine Riccio
    Apr 24, 2014 Christine Riccio rated it it was amazing
    CRESS WAS SO GOOD!!! JUST UPLOADED MY BOOKTALK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSUVQ... Let's talk about it!!!!!!
    Beth
    Actual Rating 4.5

I really, really enjoyed this book. I can't quite put my finger on it but there is something so special with The Lunar Chronicles series. I love the ability that Marissa Meyer is able to do such a wonderful job in developing characters throughout the series. Cinder was my first read after a bit of a book flump and I thought it was okay, I read Scarlet and fell in love, and now I've read Cress i'm already itching to read Winter.

To begin with I didn't really know what to think ab
    Cait • A Page with a View
    I haven't written reviews for most of my favorite books because I just can't put into words how much I LOVE THEM. But it's been about a year since I last read this, so I'll just go over the stuff that stuck with me...

I love retellings, but will admit that most of them are pretty weak. I'll still read them and like them all because they're retellings, but there are very few I actually love.

This book just blew past all retellings and most YA fantasy in general. I mean, I was decently into Cinder
    Laura Marcela ✎・:*:・ |spoilers af|

|4.3 stars|

“You said yourself that the people of Luna need a revolutionary.” She lifted her chin, holding his gaze. “So I’m going to Luna, and I’m going to start a revolution.”

Blurb: Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.
    Zain Otoom
    Jan 04, 2017 Zain Otoom rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: favourites
    The more time passes since I've read this book, the more I love it, the more I can NOT stop thinking about the plot, about the characters, about everything. I just love these books so much <3
    SPOILERS DOWN BELOW SPOILERS DOWN BELOW SPOILERS DOWN BELOW SPOILERS DOWN BELOW SPOILERS DOWN BELOW SPOILERS DOWN BELOW
    BE CAREFUL!!!

*************

What was that ending? Are you ending it on a cliffhanger like that?? I can't read Winter, because I promised a friend I'd read it with her when she gets the b
    Kainat Ijaz 《UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT》
    My review of Scarlet.
    Reread #3!

What do you do when you are surrounded by 55 unread books?
    My answer is you start reading a books you have already read and love! :D
    I am ready for some Wolf/Scarlet fangirling.
    Oh, How i missed my babies.
    _______________________

"I've only ever had two friends,
    but one of them turned into ashes when we were little.
    The other has gone missing...
    and i don't know if he'll ever come back."

"When she was just a child,
    the witch locked her away
    in a tower that had neither
    do
    • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
    • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
    • Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2)
    • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
    • Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3)
    • Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3)
    • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
    • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
    • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
    • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
    • In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
    • Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)
    • Earth Girl (Earth Girl, #1)
    • Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)
    • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
    • Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)
    • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
    • Three (Article 5, #3)
    I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.

More about Marissa Meyer...

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
    • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
    • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
    • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)

12 trivia questions
    3 quizzes
    More quizzes & trivia...
    “Captain?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Do you think it was destiny that brought us together?"
    He squinted and, after a thoughtful moment, shook his head. "No. I'm pretty sure it was Cinder.”
    1357 likes
    “He froze, becoming stone still. As the hover climbed the hill to the palace, his shoulders sank, and he returned his gaze to the window. "She's my alpha," he murmured, with a haunting sadness in his voice.

Alpha.

Cress leaned forward, propping her elbows on her knees, "Like the star?"

"What star?"

She stiffened, instantly embarrassed, and scooted back from him again. "Oh. Um. In a constellation, the brightest star is called the alpha. I thought maybe you meant that she's...like...your brightest star." Looking away, she knotted her hands in her lap, aware that she was blushing furiously now and this beast of a man was about to realize what an over-romantic sap she was.

But instead of sneering or laughing, Wolf sighed, "Yes," he said, his gaze climbing up to the full moon that had emerged in the blue evening sky. "Exactly like that.”
    891 likes