Start by marking “Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)

Cress

(The Lunar Chronicles #3)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  223,708 ratings  ·  23,037 reviews
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent h
Published February 4th 2014 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Cress, please sign up.
Ruby It comes out in November 2015!
It's going to be a looooooooonnngg and painful wait!
Fairest comes out in January, though! (Jan. 27, 2015)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,437 books — 15,739 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,548 books — 9,163 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily May
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
“Have you given any thought to your wedding vows?” Kai snorted.
“Delete anything that has to do with love, respect, or joy, and I’ll sign on the dotted line.”

3 1/2 stars. After I finally gave in and read Scarlet recently, people have been urging me to read Cress. I can see why - this book is so so much fun.

Firstly, I have to say that Meyer has really worked on her pacing since the days of Cinder (which I personally found really boring). This book zips along from action scene, to discovery, to
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK DEFINITELY LIVED UP TO THE HYPE FOR ME. OH MY GAHHHHH.
ACTION. ADVENTURE. MADNESS. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY MY NEW SHIP: THORNE AND FREAKING CRESS. I LOVE THEM TOGETHER SO MUCH. AHHHH.

(sorry not sorry for my not so professional review. ALL THE CAPS LOCK. ALL OF IT.)
Anne
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Angela
FAVE.

May or may not be because of Thorne.

(It totally is.)
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
4.5*

Dannnnnnng that ending!!! I totally get why a lot of people say this is their favourite in the series, it's definitely mine!
Katerina
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon a Time.”

Once Upon a Time, there was an avid reader (let's call her Teri) who lived and breathed words. When she was sad, she bought a book to cheer her up. When she was happy or successful, she bought a book to celebrate. When she was worried, she bought a book to forget her problems. One cold winter's night, she found herself in a magical place known as the Bookstore. A place full of wonders and fairydust, a safe haven from a world so mund
Miranda Reads
description

Maybe great, epic romances don't just happen. We have to make them ourselves.
Fun, lighthearted and delightful. I absolutely love how each book in this series is better than the last!

As with the previous two, we have a fairytale themed futuristic dystopian adventure. While each book follows a different couple, we get to catch up on the previous ones and get hints at the new.

This one focuses on Cress (Rapunzel). She's a "Shell" (a Lunar who is immune to Lunar glamours).

She's spent her entir
Steph Sinclair
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone, damn it!
Recommended to Steph by: Myself. Sometimes I get it right.
This is my 100th book of 2013 and it was magnificent.

photo fireworks_zps17303d64.gif

NEED. WINTER. NOW.

When I first jumped on the Lunar Chronicles bandwagon, I was late to the party. I tend to avoid any novel in the blogosphere that is garnering a ton of hype, due to past experiences where the hype completely killed my enjoyment. However, I dove into Cinder trepidatiously and came out completely in love, mostly thanks to the sweet nostalgia feelings from the cleverly added Sailor Moon references. And if that wasn’t clear bef
Maram
“Her satellite made one full orbit around Planet Earth every sixteen hours. It was a prison that came with an endlessly breathtaking view— vast blue oceans and swirling clouds and sunrises that set half the world on fire.”

What more can I possibly say about this series that I haven’t already mentioned in Scarlet and Cinder?!

- That Marissa Meyer is an auto-buy author?? Check .
- That her writing makes me feel everything?? Check .
- That this world made me somehow enjoy its dystopian nature?? Ch
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Well THAT was fun. Why. Why did I wait so long to read this series??!

Cress. Thorne. Freaking cuteness overload. Yep, I'm going to talk about it because I may or may not have squealed aloud several times while reading this book. They are easily one of my all time favorite ships.

Cress herself is just so stinking cute. She's so not like a typical heroine. She's extremely intelligent but is primarily a daydreamer and tends to be swept up in her imagination. Ahem... that sounds familiar. Anywayyyy I
Angelica
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE ALIVE
Recommended to Angelica by: ME!!!

"When she was jut a child, the witch locked her away in a tower that had neither doors nor stairs."

BEFORE READING:
Cinder?...and Rapunzel?...in a desert?...in 2014?
Can life get any more depressing?!?!?! It sounds so interesting but also sooooo far away! I just read Scarlet and now I have to wait a whole year!!!!
It's like....

(was that the perfect gif or what?)

Oh and Scarlet and Wolf better be there too or I'll just...I'll just:

h
g
bob

UPDATE!!!!!
The cover for these book
jessica
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
this is the series that just keeps on giving and i couldnt be more blessed.

this book was a different reading experience for me than the previous two in that i knew nothing about the story of rapunzel. im familiar with cinderella and little red riding hood, so it was easy to follow along with those loose retellings, but this book felt like a completely new story to me. and it was quite refreshing not having those expectations going into this.

however, i was a little worried this installment would
Kat O'Keeffe
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Every single book in this series is FANTASTIC! Winter just became my most anticipated book of next year. I cannot wait to see how this series concludes!

Full review to come :)
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Maybe there isn’t such a thing as fate. Maybe it’s just the opportunities we’re given, and what we do with them."

Stunning, heartbreaking, thrilling are just a few words to describe Cress. And it's not enough. This was such a good read, I had to put this book down a few times and just breath. Out of fear (oh Marissa Meyer knows how to build up suspense) and relief (well at least she loves her characters enough not to kill them off one after another).
Cinder is brave as ever, Scarlet(well let's no
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reread updates:

“The people of Luna don’t need a princess. They need a revolutionary.”
Cinder furrowed her brow. “A revolutionary,” she repeated. She liked that a lot better than
princess.

WELP. I'm sad to say that Cress still drove me mad for the first 75% of this book, but once again, she inexplicably improved in the end. This is one series that benefits greatly from multiple POVs.

Onward and upwards.

THEORIES: (view spoiler)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re-Read on Audio. Still awesome and still loving this narrator.

Beautiful fan art of Thorne and Cress ↓

"Captain?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you think it was destiny that brought us together?"
"No. I'm pretty sure it was Cinder."

**Older Review**

Wow!! I just finished Cress!! These books aways end with me thinking "You Didn't Just Stop There" !!!

I loved meeting the new member of the storyline, Cresent Moon. What a beautiful name! Cress for short. I can't believe she lived on that satellite for so long! The Lunar
Fables&Wren
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WrensReads Review:

Anything I say about this book is going to do it an injustice. It was pure, it was good, it was heartbreaking and it was they most enjoyable read I have had in a long time.

So basically what you should do is take everything I say and just times it by a big fat ten.

Holy crap, okay. So the book starts out with a big bang.

The gang (you know, Cinder, Scarlet, Wolf, Thorne and Iko) contacts Cress and realize she is a huge asset to their team because A: She's the one that has been hi
emma
honestly not sure whether I'd rather marry Cress or Thorne. so I'll settle for them marrying each other

review to come / 4.5 stars

---------

I AM READY FOR JOY AND HIJINKS.

and this was my favorite book in the series when I first read them, so if I do not get joy and hijinks I will be forced to burn everything to the ground.
Reynita Maharani ★ The Night Reader ★
Bangadybangz
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay so I'm going to be honest, I was a little bored with this one early on when it was just mostly Cress and Thorne wandering around the desert, but then HOLY CRAP this book got good!
There was so much going on in this and it was so exciting and I just loved the way all the characters' story lines were all tied in with each other, and literally just this story is so gripping. I love it. I love all of the characters. Their each so unique and wonderful and flawed and beautiful and swing all of the
Matthew
Cress is Rapunzel . . . Scarlet is Red Riding Hood . . . Cinder is Cinderella . . . Wolf is the not so Big Bad Wolf . . . Thorne is the charming scoundrel pilot (still picture Han Solo) . . . Iko is the quirky droid

A cross between fairy tales and Star Wars - really, Star Wars fans might hate me for blasphemy, but I really do keep thinking about it!

I like this series - it is very entertaining! I care about the characters and what happens to them. I enjoy the relationships. It might be kinda chees
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
“I promise, I will not let you die without being kissed.”

Story 🌟🌟🌟
Once upon a time deep deep in the sky between lunar and earth there lived a girl, a human shell who was trapped there. She was forced to work for the evil lunar queen, help to destroy and conquer the earth. But all the time alone made the little girl curious for the enemy she was forced to spy on.
She was fascinated by it. The music, the people, the news.
With the years passing by her hair grew longer and longer.
She was dreamin
may ❀
Fricken hell, has anyone been waiting on this (probably not) but if you have I want to apologize for my existence

Now it aint no secret that I’m super-extra-trash-with-trash-on-top for this series, but honestly, these books are SO GOOD. I GENUINELY enjoyed this book more the second time around.

If you’re here for a review, go somewhere else cause this is just going to be a collection of fan art honestly

-the cinder/thorne bromance
- description
(s)
- I sWEAR WE NEED MORE WHOLESOME BROMANCES IN YA
- these two g
Natalie Monroe

"Because if there was one thing Cress knew about heroes, it was that they could not resist a damsel in distress.

And she was nothing if not in distress."

Cress isn't the type of character I usually like. She's naive, obsessed with grand destined love, frets about not having been kissed while possibly dying.

Yet strangely all these things only serve to make her more endearing and charming. In my first read of the Lunar Chronicles, Cress was the book that made me fall head-over-heels in
Cait • A Page with a View
I haven't written reviews for most of my favorite books because I just can't put into words how much I LOVE THEM. But it's been about a year since I last read this, so I'll just go over the stuff that stuck with me...

I love retellings, but will admit that most of them are pretty weak. I'll still read them and like them all because they're retellings, but there are very few I actually love.

This book just blew past all retellings and most YA fantasy in general. I mean, I was decently into Cinder
Kassidy
Eeeeeee my love for this series just increased 10 fold with this book! The audiobook is excellent, I would highly recommend it.
Dorreh
Mar 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Well I probably want to start with the fact that I didn't give this book the 5 full stars I gave the other two books before this one. It's not a matter of liking this book less, because I didn't, I loved it just as much as the other two, only this one had some minor mishap that made it slightly less appealing.

For starters the book had a relatively slower pace than the other two, and when it's a matter of comparison, this point stands out in an authors style of writing. This slow pace in turn le
prag ♻
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
buddy reading with my famoose best friend and my sappy lover

i'm convinced cress is an embodiment of all of us on this website sitting at her computer all day long

i don't write reviews anymore soz mate but pls read this series
Beth
Actual Rating 4.5

I really, really enjoyed this book. I can't quite put my finger on it but there is something so special with The Lunar Chronicles series. I love the ability that Marissa Meyer is able to do such a wonderful job in developing characters throughout the series. Cinder was my first read after a bit of a book flump and I thought it was okay, I read Scarlet and fell in love, and now I've read Cress i'm already itching to read Winter.

To begin with I didn't really know what to think ab
Darth J
May 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: disappointing, series
After just finding out that "Cress" stands for "Crescent", this is what is running through my head:

Sorry but this book just dragged on and on. I get that the author is trying to pull multiple POVs together now into one story, but it was very stop/start when done in the same scene. I didn't care very much for this entry in the series. I was so bored with this one that I have very little to say about the dry plot.
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Lunar Chronicles By Marissa Meyer - Reading book 3+ from the 15th of January 2019 515 479 Jan 21, 2019 06:50AM
YOUNG ADULT BOOKW...: Cress 27 137 Oct 31, 2018 12:24AM
The Lunar Chronic...: Cress and Dr. Erland 18 80 Oct 25, 2018 09:43PM
Addicted to YA: Cress and Thorne 6 190 Oct 11, 2018 05:42PM
Reviews? 6 31 Sep 19, 2018 04:32AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer - Restarting June 4th 2018 308 435 Aug 13, 2018 01:57PM
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
  • Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2)
  • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
  • Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3)
  • Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3)
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
  • Ruin and Rising (Grisha Verse, #3)
  • Earth Girl (Earth Girl #1)
  • Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)
  • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
“Captain?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you think it was destiny that brought us together?"
He squinted and, after a thoughtful moment, shook his head. "No. I'm pretty sure it was Cinder.”
1697 likes
“Maybe there isn’t such a thing as fate. Maybe it’s just the opportunities we’re given, and what we do with them. I’m beginning to think that maybe great, epic romances don’t just happen. We have to make them ourselves.” 1050 likes