Read with Pride Northwest discussion

GRNW Community > Book Recs

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
Share with the group your book recommendations and let us know what books you like!

And then once a month or so, we'll gather recs and share them on the GRNW blog. :D

message 2: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
I just read the m/m fantasy Reawakening by Amy Rae Durreson and really enjoyed it. Great read for those who like fantasy (especially dragons.) :D

message 3: by Nblibgirl (last edited Feb 05, 2014 11:10PM) (new)

Nblibgirl | 18 comments Read Disasterology 101 by Taylor V. Donovan last month and noticed that Gay City has the first 2 books in her Six Degrees of Lust series by Taylor V. Donovan. Liked all 3 books. All three are contemporary romances; in the first one of the MCs is a pretty serious germaphobe and the other series is romantic suspense (there is a serial killer on the loose) with many, many secondary characters (some with potential for future books in the series - there are supposed to be six). FYI - the killer is not caught in either of the books, and several reviewers were upset that the the first book doesn't "end". I read more for the relationship stuff, so was not so bothered by either book's ending but forewarned!

message 4: by Felicia (Ferishia) (last edited Feb 16, 2014 06:06PM) (new)

Felicia (Ferishia) (ferishia) | 33 comments I have been meaning make a post for a while but I have finally managed to find time to do it. Some of these you may have already read. I hope that some are new to you.

I have a lot as I cannot just list one or two recs, but I’ll try not to go overboard.

I’m currently reading Try by Ella Frank and I like it. I’m about ½ through it. I hope to finish it this weekend. This is the first book in the series and the next is due out in June.

The author whose books I rec at the top of my list is Amy Lane. Her books are an auto-buy for me. I LOVE her Promises series. Keeping Promise Rock is the first book. It’s contemporary and a series that I have read/listened to countless times. It’s very angsty and emotional. My favorite couple is Deacon & Crick. Their book is the 1st in the series, but they show up in all of the following books. I haven’t read the latest book as of yet because I know it’s going to be one I cannot put down. I haven’t found the time I needed to concentrate on it yet.

Other recs:
Truth in the Dark
If I Must
Bewitched by Bella's Brother
Talker series
It's Not Shakespeare

Next there is Mary Calmes. I just finished reading one of her newest novellas, titled Where You Lead, very cute, funny and heartwarming. She also writes a detective relationship series called A Matter of Time and a PNR shifter series called Change of Heart.

Other recs:
Acrobat (love LOVED this!)
Frog (love LOVE this!)
The Guardian
Timing series
His Hearth and all of the Warder series

Next there is Marie Sexton and her Coda series. Promises is the first book. I loved all those books. I’d also rec Between Sinners And Saints and the first book in her Oestend series, Song of Oestend (I’ve only read the 1st book so far).

Other books/authors at the top of my list:

Zero at the Bone by Jane Seville

Hot Head by Damon Suede (absolutely loved! Who doesn’t like firemen?)

Cut & Run Series by Abigail Roux, which I know almost everyone has read. I would also suggest reading Warrior's Cross AFTER you read the 4th Cut & Run if you haven't yet. Warrior’s Cross is not really a part of C&R series but some of the characters do show up in the 5th book and Warrior's Cross introduces them.

Special Delivery series and Dance With Me by Heidi Cullinan.

A Nick Fallon Investigation series by J.P. Bowie. The first book is A Deadly Game. I've only read the first 2 so far, but I really like them.

Toronto Tales series, first book is Cop Out and Pen Name - Doctor Chicken by K.C. Burn. I just discovered this author early last year and I’ve been loving her writing.

Drawn Together and and The Hours Trilogy series, the first book Notturno by Z.A. Maxfield. She has many other wonderful books, but those are at the top of my list.

Heaven Sent series, first book is Heaven by Jet Mykles

Packing Heat by Kele Moon (novella featuring a fireman and a policeman together,YUM!)

The Angel of 13th Street series and The Telling series by Eden Winters.

A couple of Christmas anthologies, even though we are past Christmas (but I love Christmas so I tend to read Christmas stories throughout the year). I would HIGHLY rec Men Under the Mistletoe and His For The Holidays. Both have some really great stories.

A book that surprised me that I liked because there is NO SMEX and I don’t normally go for THOSE kinds of books, is The Slayer's Apprentice by Zathyn Priest. The plot and characters were so intriguing that I didn’t mind that they didn’t have smexytimes. Much. Lol

And here is where I’m going to stop or I will be here all day! I hope someone finds this helpful. I have PLENTY of other recs and feel free to peruse my GR mm/mmm/LGBT shelves.

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori | 20 comments Every now and again I just need a cute, quick little "palette cleanser". I love Amy Lane already, but yesterday a friend recommended Going Up by her, so I read it last night and I have to agree with her. Very sweet and short, which is helpful when you don't have a lot of time to dedicate to a book.