YA Apocalyptic and Dystopian Fiction discussion

Archived > February 2014 Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (DemonKittie), Is Alive! (new)

Amy (DemonKittie) (demonkittie) | 340 comments Mod

So this reading challenge you can do as many or as few as you want. I have 3 levels for you listed below.

Challenge Levels:
1-4 Easy
5-8 Medium
9-12 Hard

You may choose books based on how you interpret the prompts below, they only have to make sense to you.

1. February is National Weddings Month: Read a book that has a wedding, a proposal or features a married couple.

2. The 3rd week of February is International Flirting Week: Read a book that has characters that flirt.

3. The 10th of February is Clean Out your Computer Day: Read a book that features a hacker, artificial intelligence or where the use of a computer is vital.

4. The 11th is Make A Friend Day: Read a book where two people meet and become friends

5. The 13th is Get a Different Name Day: Read a book where a character is known by a nickname or uses an alias.

6. The 14th is Valentine's Day: Read a book that has two characters in love or a romance book.

7. The 15th is Single Awareness Day: Read a book with a character who is single.

8. The 17th is Random Acts of Kindness Day: Read a book that has a character who is kind or a character who does something nice for someone.

9. The 20th is Love Your Pet Day: Read a book with a character who has a pet or, read a book about a shifter.

10. The 24th is National Tortilla Chip Day. Tortilla Chips are often eaten at parties. Read a book that has a party, ball or other form of large celebration in it.

11. The 26th is Tell A Fairy Tale Day: read a classic fairy tale, or read a modern retelling of a classic fairy tale.

12. The 28th is Public Sleeping Day: Read a book about a character who likes to sleep or, a character in a coma.

Please know that participation is optional but I would love it if you joined us. See you at the end of this month!

message 2: by Megan (last edited Feb 27, 2014 04:40AM) (new)

Megan (dreizehn) I'll try medium difficulty!

Completed: 5/5

Three (Article 5, #3) by Kristen Simmons Flirting
Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Make a Friend
Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi Valentine's Day
Hexed (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #2) by Kevin Hearne   Love Your Pet
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge Tell a Fairy Tale

message 3: by Marcus (new)

Marcus | 24 comments This seems like an interesting challenge

message 4: by Amy (DemonKittie), Is Alive! (new)

Amy (DemonKittie) (demonkittie) | 340 comments Mod
I am going to work on this, but not sure what level.

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherphoto) | 1 comments I've got to come up with a list but I'll likely go with easy. I used to easily read 2 books a week but now I struggle for 3 a month with our busy schedule. I'll come back to this.

message 6: by Rose (last edited Feb 02, 2014 12:17PM) (new)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll try medium :)

The Princess Bride - William Goldman The Princess Bride  by William Goldman

Wither - Lauren DeStefano Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano

Beastly - Alex Flinn Beastly (Beastly, #1) by Alex Flinn

The Fault in Our Stars (have to read it again - the feels!!) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Bloom - Elizabeth Scott Bloom by Elizabeth Scott

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Law Hmmm, not sure if I'm going to be able to do all of these (or keep track of them), but here's my "has a married couple" (actually, it has two!) book

All Over Creation by Ruth Ozeki