Start by marking “Three (Article 5, #3)” as Want to Read:
Three (Article 5, #3)

Three (Article 5 #3)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  4,563 Ratings  ·  402 Reviews
Ember Miller and Chase Jennings are ready to stop running. After weeks spent in hiding as two of the Bureau of Reformation’s most wanted criminals, they have finally arrived at the safe house, where they hope to live a safe and quiet existence.

And all that’s left is smoking ruins.

Devastated by the demolition of their last hope, Ember and Chase follow the only thing left to
Published February 11th 2014 by Tor Teen

YA Novels of 2014
1,546 books — 9,111 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareCress by Marissa MeyerIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiThe One by Kiera CassSilver Shadows by Richelle Mead
2014 Releases
645 books — 1,192 voters

More lists with this book...

Jaime Arkin
Dear Kristen Simmons:
 photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-4191-1370380495-12_zps742bc965.gif

I’m not even sure where I’m supposed to start or what I’m supposed to say about this final book in the Article 5 series. It’s bittersweet for sure, because I’ve loved this series and its characters from the second I picked up the first book. Chase and Ember have pulled me into their lives, and I’m sad to see the end… but as you might have seen in my last update, this was perfection. I couldn’t have asked for anything better.

photo 774217_zpsc7864d88.gif

Three starts shortly after the end of Breaking Po
Ferdy
Spoilers

Unremarkable… The plot was predictable, the characters were generic, and everything else was mostly uninteresting. I guess the writing and world building were decent enough but those didn't make up for the utterly boring story and characters.

-What's what: Ember, Chase, and their group go on the run from the Moral Militia/evul government regime. Naturally, the bland teenagers decide to find other rebels and take down the government fuckers.

-Ember and Chase were the typical boring YA char
Natalia
Aug 15, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: must-reads
. . 2014? d- don't do this to me

description
K
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 Stars! Possible review to come after a re-read so that I have time to gather my thoughts....

Emotionally it was a fantastic book. I cried my eyes out for a good portion of the book. I loved the plot twists and how well rounded the characters were..I only wish that we would have gotten a little bit more answers from the book...

Read with you own caution for there will be major spoilers below.

(view spoiler)
Lana
Apr 07, 2013 marked it as to-read
AHH!! I cannot wait for this! I love Chase and Sean!! GET BACK IN MY LIFE BOYS!
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)

I am shaking right now while writing this review! My emotions are on overdrive, and I have to do something with my hands before I hyperventilate!

This book was emotionally-packed! With this being the last book in the ARTICLE 5 series, Kristen Simmons did not hold back one bit, no she went all out! Throughout most of this book, mainly the last half or so, I was on edge, I was in horror at some of the gruesome things that were happening, but I was also in awe at some of the indescribable events tha
Shelley
*Genre* Dystopian Romance
*Rating* 4.0

*My Thoughts*

"When a government becomes destructive, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new government."

I absolutely must admit that I held out longer than I expected in reading this book even though some of my favorite reviewers have raved about Three. Even though Tor Teen kindly allowed me access to this title back in December, I have had a few roadblocks in finally picking up this story and reading it through to the e
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopia
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Another grand finale I've been waiting for and sadly once again I wish I could say it blew me away but it seems to me I expected too much. Ember and Chase's story is something I've been enjoying since Article 5 and I really loved all the twists and happenings in the first two books. Sadly this one wasn't as thrilling but still Kristen Simmons gave us satisfying ending.

On of the things I like about this series is that each book continues where the previous st
Lucas Deal
Mar 31, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 hearts

Everything was wrapped up in a nice little package. I shouldn't be upset with the ending, I'm not really but there are some unanswered questions. Also, things got a little too predictable. Not all of it, but a good majority. This doesn't help things.

The pacing in this book is slower. The action does pick up but its deep. The more I read YA series like these I'm reminded how authors could really consolidate a good portion of these books.

The cast in this series is certainly not my favor
Juhina
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last 100 pages were SO GOOD! The reason why I have this 5 stars.

I'm going to miss Ember and Chase so much <3

---

I am eternally grateful towards Kristen Simmons for writing such a fantastic last book in a dystopian trilogy. I've had my share of bad endings to dystopian trilogies and I was a bit scared for Article 5. I've read Article 5 two years ago when it first came out and I've been a fan since then. I loved the uniqueness of the world Simmons created as well as the road trip twist in th
Morris
After reading “Three”, the finale to the wonderful “Article 5″ series, I feel as though I have found a true unicorn. It is easily one of the strongest and most satisfying endings to a series I have ever read. It is all wrapped up nicely, nothing comes out of nowhere, the characters remain true to what has been established about them and their reactions throughout the series right until the very last sentence, and there is no excruciatingly long epilogue that feels as though it is trying to cram ...more
Shayne McGrath
Mar 11, 2013 marked it as to-read
I CAN'T WAIT! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! IM WAITING FOR TOO MANY BOOKS RIGHT NOW AND I SWEAR I WILL GO MORE INSANE THEN I ALREADY AM IF I HAVE TO WAIT THAT LONG!
Holly
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great YA dystopian series! I seriously loved the world that Kristen Simmons created. This is a dystopian world that somehow feels more "real" and I think that is why this series resonated with me. Goodreads is not the place for politics, but I can draw some parallels between this fictional world and what is going on in the current world. I think that is why I liked this book as much as I did. I also loved how the author handled things like war and deception. One of my biggest pet peeves in real ...more
BookHookup
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
The original review of this title can be found here on The Book Hookup.

Christina's Review:

**SPECIAL NOTE:** An eARC of this title was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. However, that did not influence this review in any way. All thoughts, quotes, and opinions will be of this version and not of the published edition.

Initial Thoughts and Rating: 5 stars! Packed with action, long-awaited revelations, and sweet, swoony moments, Three was everything I coul
Erin Arkin
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You guys. If you have not read this series yet you are missing out! I decided to re-read via audio and I don't regret a thing...it is as good as the book in my hands. If you are looking for a dystopian with strong characters, a great storyline and a swoony boy (I'm looking at you Chase Jennings) definitely check this out. The narrator does a great job!
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
4.5 stars...Listened to audio of entire series; Loved all three books but did think there was too much self-reflection by both Ember and Chase throughout the entire series.
nick
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing

This year seems to be the year all of my favorite YA series are ending. There's always that feeling of sadness that overcomes me when I have to say goodbye to characters that I've grown attached to over the years. Ah the problems that we book nerds face! While I was full of grief while finishing Three, I was also completely satisfied because Kristen Simmons gave me a series that will remain engraved in my mind probably for the rest of my life.

I'm never really sure what to write in my reviews for
Jenni Arndt
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-ebook
I used to say that there was nothing worse than reviewing sequels, but I officially take that statement back because reviewing the third book in a series is definitely worse. There are people who can manage without spoiling anything and I just don’t get how they do it. So be prepared, there will probably be spoilers up ahead. Note: Scratch that, I actually managed to make this spoiler free!!!

What can I say about Three that I haven’t already said about Breaking Point and Article 5 hmm… Well, I ca
Boyanna
I’m pissed off at this series sense book one. Why, oh, why did I read all 3 of them? Don't ask me, I don’t know!

The plot and its twist were way to naïve for the audience it was intended and the subject it covered. And before you go on and attack me saying I’m too old for this book, I’ll tell you – I’ve read plenty of books in this genre that had insightful and original plots and not at all stupid.

This whole series would've made much more sense if it was placed in the universe inhabited and ruled
Petra Sýkorová
Ember a Chase jsou odhodlaní přestat utíkat, bezpečný dům, do něhož mířili, byl srovnán se zemí. Přestože jsou zničeni z toho, že jim byla sebrána i poslední naděje, nevzdávají se a začnou hledat poslední přeživší rebely.

Ví totiž, že je to jejich jediná naděje na přežití, protože je Reformní policie hledá úplně všude. Jsou na seznamu hledaných osob jedni z nejdůležitějších a žádný z vojáků by se dvakrát nezdráhal jim prohnat hlavou kulku.

Hledají tajnou základnu rebelské organizace, kterou všichn
david y biblioflick

Another series ended... and it is not that well.

So Three is the third novel/conclusion to the Article 5 series (the second is Bre4king Breaking Point the only book in the series without any number involved.

Anyway, Three is the head of the ones that is against the MM or for short the head of the rebel groups. On the three books the plot are quite similar: finding a safehouse, someone is caught and they will break him or her out of the prison/camp/"circus"/whatever-the-place-is-called. And also on
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3.5-4 stars

As you probably know by now, I’ve dedicated myself to reading one series a month for the foreseeable future, and for January I chose Article 5 by Kristen Simmons. It’s a series that’s been on my radar for a while now, despite how mixed reviews are for the first book. I haven’t read many dystopian books that don’t include some sort of fantasy or futuristic element, so I was definitely curious about this more contemporary-style dystopia and what type of world Kristen Simmons created. Bu
Heather Duff
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well last night I finally finished this trilogy of books and after liking but not totally loving the last one, I can happily say that I did love how this wrapped up.

I don’t like to reveal too much of the plot as you are going to read the book!, but I can say there are lots of deaths, people who aren't who they seem to be, faces from the past and most importantly Ember and Chase’s love story continues alongside nicely.

I am a huge fan of dystopian fiction and this series had not disappointed, the
Alice
Feb 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I read the first two in the series and was eagerly anticipating the release of this novel, however, I was sadly dissapointed.
Unlike the other two books, I didn't feel like I was with them, I just felt like I was watching them like a detached unemotional extra limb.
Ember and Chase don't want to be slit up, which was basically the whole story.
Ooh, Chase was taken? Jesse didn't save him? Ember. Must. Save. Chase.

Maria Maksimova
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Это было круто!!!
☕ Kimberly
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three begins shortly after Breaking Point ends. Ember and Chase have journeyed to the Safe House only to discover it gone. They are tired, emotionally devastated, and some of their members are injured. Exhausted, they move forward looking for survivors. Simmons does an excellent job of recapping the previous tale, and I quickly slipped into the world as they stumble upon the notorious “Three” settlement. The Bureau of Reformation has stepped up their game, and the group Three may give Ember a ch ...more
Adeeb
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on: http://bookville1.blogspot.com/2014/0...

Thank you very much Tor Teen for sending me a review copy for this book.

As you all know, I really enjoyed reading Article 5 and Breaking Point. It is a really good dystopian series, full of action and thrill.

I felt the same way about Three. It started off really well. I was quickly drawn back into the world. I was really intrigued finding out how their adventure would end.

Now, let's talk about each thing I liked:

1-Characters: Definit
Rebecca (Unbound Pages)
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars, dystopian
This review is also on my blog, The Library Canary.

I’ve been procrastinating on reading the final book in this series for a long time, because that would mean it was really over. But all good things must come to an end eventually right? I am so sad that this series is over, but I’m so happy with the way Kristen Simmons ended it.

Three is intense. In the best way possible. We’ve been waiting so long to finally meet the rebel organization, Three, (hence the title, no it’s not just because it’s the
Kathryn
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, dystopian, mystery, romance, ya
OH MY GOODNESS!!! What a book!!! WHAT A SERIES!!!!
After reading Article 5 and then jumping in to Breaking Point, I knew this series was phenomenal...
I was dying for Three and having to wait a year was excruciating...I would watch for every kind of announcement possible...And when the tour sign ups happened?? HECK YEAH!! I jumped so fast...
And now...now Three is in my hands and I have read the last page...
I am soooo torn...While this is one of my absolute favorite series....I couldn't wait for th
Stacy
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Warning-Spoilers for Breaking Point*

It has been a long and bumpy road. A lot of lives lost; loved ones, friends, enemies and even more are lost in THREE. Just when they thought their journey was almost over they find the refuge they have been fighting towards bombed and abandoned. Reviewing the final book in a series is always really hard. What more could possibly be said about the characters or the world? What can I really say without giving away something important having to do with book 3.

A
What did you think about the last book? 5 34 Dec 29, 2016 09:34AM
Article 5 book 3 4 74 Mar 04, 2014 06:22AM
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • The Defiant (The Forsaken #3)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • Push (The Game, #2)
  • Deliverance (Defiance, #3)
  • The Worlds We Make (Fallen World, #3)
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • Shutdown (Glitch, #3)
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • Moirai (Aberrant, #2)
  • Rebellion (Tankborn, #3)
  • Emergent (Annex, #2)
  • Unforgotten (Unremembered, #2)
  • Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)
  • The Shadow's Curse (The Knots Sequence, #2)
  • Edge of Truth
  • Erased (Altered, #2)
Kristen Simmons is the author of the ARTICLE 5 series, THE GLASS ARROW, METALTOWN, PACIFICA, and the upcoming PRICE OF DECEIT (Tor Teen). She loves her family, Jazzercise, and chocolate cupcakes. She currently lives in Cincinnati, Ohio.

For more updates on Kristen and her writing, visit http://www.kristensimmonsbooks.com or http://www.facebook.com/author.kriste....

More about Kristen Simmons

Article 5 (3 books)
  • Article 5 (Article 5, #1)
  • Breaking Point (Article 5, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • This Is the Story of You
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Don't Get Caught
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • So B. It
    $6.74 $1.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cloaked in Red
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
  • Challenger Deep
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children, #2)
  • The Whiz Mob and the Grenadine Kid
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Girls on Fire
    $8.99 $1.99
“He smiled - that small, secret smile he saved just for me.” 11 likes
“Things weren't black and white, but that didn't mean you couldn't pick a side.” 8 likes