Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > The Movie Snowglobe: Have You Seen It?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6627 comments Mod
I will not spoil the movie for anyone, but I have to say this wasn't my cup of tea for interracial romance. I truly wish that the movie was different. A true romantic comedy and the interracial romance was well developed.

There's nothing wrong with romantic comedy if they are done right and the storyline makes sense. We need a good strong interracial romantic comedy. Well, at least I can stand to see one.

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 221 comments Never heard of it.

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Did you see it on TV or DVD?

message 4: by Arch , Mod (new)

On DVD. I have checked it out from the library.

Christina Milian plays in it.

message 5: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2005 comments Mod
It was a typical Family TV movie. Really sweet but yes not a very content heavy IR romance flick. I posted a trailer up at my YT channel if you wanna see it. It was cute for what it was and I liked Christina Milian (esp her family) but it was very much geared to the Christmasy sweet family films they show at the end of every year.

Kandyse McClure also had an appearance in one movie like this. She had a side role but I wish she starred!

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I agree with Rae and Eugenia. It was cutesy ABC Family type movie. I liked the interracial family. It was very normal and it wasn't a big deal that the Dad was Black and the Mom was Italian. It was a cute Christmas movie. I do wish there were more good interracial romantic comedies.

I wish they would put The Secret Laughter of Women out on DVD. Sigh!

message 7: by Arch , Mod (new)

I hope that I get a chance to see The Secret Laughter of Women one day.

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I would offer for my sister to make a copy for you. I'm not sure she can though. If it comes on again, she can DVR it for you.

message 9: by Arch , Mod (new)

Thanks that's sweet of you Danielle.

message 10: by Arch , Mod (last edited Jul 07, 2009 06:31PM) (new)

The dad was Cuban, but I'm thinking Afro-Cuban.

Christina is Afro-Cuban.

message 11: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Gatadelafuente (Danielle) wrote: "I agree with Rae and Eugenia. It was cutesy ABC Family type movie. I liked the interracial family. It was very normal and it wasn't a big deal that the Dad was Black and the Mom was Italian. It wa..."

Her family was just too cute. I really liked them.

The sister and mother is Italian in real life I believe. I thought the character family origins and mixture was awesome, too and that's the way it really is especially in NY. Would love to see more of that in movies and tv. The sister was on the new Battlestar Galactica as one of the pilots. She's a good actress.

I've been trying to hunt down The Secret Laughter of Women for ages! I think you had told me about it one time, Danielle. Oh, looks like it's on YT in parts. I hope it's on DVD soon because I would like a shelf copy. :-)

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

If The Secret Laughter of Women comes on again, I'll ask my sister to DVR copies for you and Arch, Rae.

message 13: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Thanks, Danielle! If it's no trouble for her that'd be great. ;-)

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

She likes doing it. She makes me dvds to take on the road with me all the time. I have a stockpile, as a matter of fact.

message 15: by Arch , Mod (last edited Jul 08, 2009 04:22AM) (new)

The man that played the father name is Ron Canada. I don't know if in real life he's cuban, but he's a black actor. He played on Boston Public and other shows. I can't think of their names right now.

If your sister can record the show for me Danielle that would be nice. I don't care if it's on VHS.

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

When it comes on again, I'll be sure to put in the requests for you ladies.

message 17: by Arch , Mod (new)

What station did it come on Danielle?

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

It was on Lifetime Movie Network. I'll see what I can do for you guys.

message 19: by Arch , Mod (new)

Oh LMN, it might come on again soon. They tend to play movies over. I might get a chance to record it, if it comes back on.

message 20: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1284 comments I saw it. I think I saw it during the holidays last year. It didn't leave much of an impression

message 21: by Arch , Mod (new)

Justine wrote: "I saw it. I think I saw it during the holidays last year. It didn't leave much of an impression"

It wasn't really an interracial movie.