This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate call waiting

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jillian (last edited Feb 16, 2008 09:25AM) (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) I hate call waiting. I think it is one of the rudest things ever invented. I've been on the phone with friends in the past crying and upset about something in my life and all the sudden "oh I have another call can you hang on one second." sure as I dry my tears and hang up on them after they put me on hold. 10....15.....20.....minutes later...oh sorry about that. That is why I hang up....I don't feel like wasting my time sitting there for 20 minutes on hold while they speak to someone else.

I just find it very rude when people do that. You are already at a state of mind where you feel like useless garbage and are hating yourself.

I also hate it when I call those certain people back they'll never switch over to answer my call.

Perhaps people don't use this technology correctly. I think unless you are waiting for an urgent phone call you shouldn't switch over. Or if you don't feel like talking to this person any longer tell them you have to go. But to put someone on hold for a long period of time...especially when you've listened to them cry and complain for long periods of time yourself.

Shit if I want to be on hold for 20 minutes I'll call the cable or phone company.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

yah-my daughter switched over for a text message while talking to her boyfriend last night

hold on while I go roast a duck and wash the car and pick my nose and talk to the water delivery guy and what did you say...tomorrow yah just call me, we'll talk

hold on while i talk to someone more important :) ha

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I don't think call waiting itself is the evil - it's the person who chooses to take the other call when you are cryin' your eyes out - that is just plain over the top rude and inconsiderate - those beeps can be ignored!!

I will say though that when I do call someone and get that rare busy signal it does take me a minute to figure out what that is all about....

message 4: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) I just think good manners and common sense are a thing of the past. Certain things I miss from when I was a kid. Like if you can't get someone you just have to wait till they are off the phone. People weren't always connected. Didn't have a cell phone attached to their ear 24/7. I guess I don't think we need to be connected ALL the time.

I do hang up on people when they put me on hold. I think it's rude to expect someone to sit for 15 minutes or longer while you speak to someone else. I guess in my view point when someone does that it's like saying hey this person is more important to talk to you then you are right now.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.