The Haters Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate that my favorite bands aren't more popular

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Feb 13, 2008 09:27AM) (new)

RandomAnthony I just don't get why eels, Sparklehorse, and Drive-by Truckers aren't more popular. And I hate that. They're great bands and deserve the accolades.

message 2: by RandomAnthony (last edited Feb 13, 2008 09:34AM) (new)

RandomAnthony I thought about mentioning that, King, it's a good point. At the same time, though, I hereby promise to try not to hate it when/if these bands become more popular because they could probably use the money.

I'm going to see DBT in Feb. in Milwaukee and Eels in Chicago in April. Can't bleeping wait.

Although I hate parking near the Park West in Chicago. Horrible.

message 3: by Shelly (new)

Shelly i hate music snobs.

i hate when good bands get popular and then their original fan base abandons them because too many "morons" like them now. so, because tons of other people like the same band you do means you don't like that band anymore? then it was never about the music in the first place and you're a douchebag.

if they changed their style to appeal to a larger audience, that's one thing. but if they just picked up steam through hard-work and word of mouth than why the fuck do people care who likes them?

message 4: by Shelly (last edited Feb 13, 2008 02:19PM) (new)

Shelly yeah, i see what you're saying. i just hate people who think that because the bands that they are into are completely random and unheard of then they're somehow more cool than the rest of us. there's a lot of ridiculousness where i live as far as that goes--to the point where i get eyes rolled at me if i publicly announce i like kings of leon because they're "a huge pop band". whatever.

i used to work with a metal head who told me the same thing about metallica. some serious hate going on there.

message 5: by Shelly (last edited Feb 13, 2008 04:26PM) (new)

Shelly all this drive by truckers talk has got me curious. i've heard of them but not heard them.
where should i start?

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony I like the new DBT a lot...way better than the lukewarm (in my opinion) "Blessing and a Curse."

Shelly, I agree with King. "Southern Rock Opera" is a huge, sprawling double disc...a concept album about Southern culture...and stone cold bleeping brilliant. I also think "Decoration Day" and "The Dirty South" are great, and "Brighter Than Creation's Dark", their new disc, will give you a good sense of where they are now.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I love this band... Bonerama... a New Orleans brass funk/rock/jazz band. Recently they teamed up with the lead singer of OK GO for a charity thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOTtTN...

message 8: by Sarah (last edited Feb 13, 2008 09:12PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) But they're good. Are they not?

And the drummer's not so white! Besides, they're from New Orleans!

Check out their non-OK Go stuff. http://www.myspace.com/bonerama

http://www.bonerama.net

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I love them. They're so, so fun to see live (I can get you free tickets; check out their tour schedule and PM me) and they're super nice guys. I lurve them.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.