Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Reconstructing Jada Channing
This topic is about Reconstructing Jada Channing
Book of the Month Archive > Dec 2013- Reconstructing Jada Channing by Savannah J. Frierson

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - added it

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Here's the blurb from goodreads:

Jada Channing never thought she would see Aaron McKensie again after that night, that one glorious night when she'd lost all good sense and muzzled all the voices telling her why being with him wasn’t a good idea. He was older, wealthy, and white. Jada was none of those things, and yet she'd fallen for Aaron anyway—just as her black great-great grandmother Dorcas had fallen for her white great-great grandfather Mr. Joseph all those years ago. Their relationship had been doomed from the start, and Jada saw no reason to think hers and Aaron's would be any different. Yet what happens when Aaron reappears years later, completely oblivious to the knowledge of his child Joshua, and the feelings Jada had locked away after that one night return twice as powerfully? Will history repeat itself, or will Jada give herself the chance to create an entirely new future?"

message 2: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - added it

Looking forward to reading this one!

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments I've read this so looking forward to the discussion about it!

message 4: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (last edited Nov 30, 2013 10:22AM) (new) - added it

Savannah~Quad-motherin'-book readin' diva wrote: "I've read this so looking forward to the discussion about it!"

Me too! How could I not want to read and discuss a story with an older man and a love child he doesn't know anything about, LOL!

message 5: by Vallsykes (last edited Nov 30, 2013 11:20AM) (new) - added it

Vallsykes | 29 comments Savannah~Quad-motherin'-book readin' diva wrote: "I've read this so looking forward to the discussion about it!"

Me too. I looked and somehow, I gave it four stars! Rare for me, and w/o a review too, which could mean it was a fluke, a slip of my touch screen (LOL). I really don't have an immediate memory of the whole plot, which means I am going to have to re-assess my rating and join in on this discussion as I re-read. So excited to be able to discuss it too.

Anino  (anino) | 773 comments Now this is a great read!

message 7: by Vallsykes (last edited Dec 05, 2013 05:51AM) (new) - added it

Vallsykes | 29 comments I feel like I will keep this one at the 3 stars that I originally rated it. Three reasons: the conflicts (view spoiler) The latter conflict held more weight as the backstory is explained and so how it affected Jada is more realized. Yet, maybe I felt that it focused too much on race and class for me to fully enjoy it.

I feel like SF has done better writing and storytelling, especially when I recall The Beauty Within. Just IHMO.

Sandra (sandibookworm) | 1 comments Lovin' the book so far. I'm about 60% done with it. I love that this book is showing the other side of prejudice. African-Americans can be just as prejudice as Whites. Being in an interracial relationship myself I can empathize with Jada. My lil one can pass as White as well and I can relate to people thinking I'm his nanny! I've read quite a few IRR novels and this is only the second time I've come across this side of prejudice. Great book so far!