Let's Talk About Julie Garwood discussion

The Sum of All Kisses (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #3)
This topic is about The Sum of All Kisses
Group Reads or Buddy Reads > December Group Read (2) - The Sum of All Kisses

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 2159 comments Mod
A tie.

Those who are reading The Sum of All Kisses may discuss here.

He thinks she's an annoying know-it-all...

Hugh Prentice has never had patience for dramatic females, and if Lady Sarah Pleinsworth has ever been acquainted with the words shy or retiring, she's long since tossed them out the window. Besides, a reckless duel has left this brilliant mathematician with a ruined leg, and now he could never court a woman like Sarah, much less dream of marrying her.

She thinks he's just plain mad...

Sarah has never forgiven Hugh for the duel he fought that nearly destroyed her family. But even if she could find a way to forgive him, it wouldn't matter. She doesn't care that his leg is less than perfect, it's his personality she can't abide. But forced to spend a week in close company they discover that first impressions are not always reliable. And when one kiss leads to two, three, and four, the mathematician may lose count, and the lady may, for the first time, find herself speechless ...

New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn's enchanting third novel in the Smythe-Smith quartet is guaranteed to make you laugh out loud and tug at your heartstrings in equal measures.

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1033 comments Mod
Just finished this the other day. Would love to discuss it with anyone.

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

I got it ready to read ☺

Jewel | 350 comments I'm reading this one two
I've got another one to finish then this one

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

I was going to start it in December, but then I thought it was losing the race for BOM... so, I downloaded the audio to my iPod before I ran errands the other day.

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

cool ☺

message 7: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Starting this today ☺

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh, goodie!

message 9: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finished! I liked it. Perhaps not quite love. The banter was nice. There was no big misunderstanding or too much drama. It wasn't her best in my opinion but I liked it well enough.

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

I liked it, too, Pamela. But I agree; not her best. I guess the word that comes to mind is "pleasant." No big surprises here. A "pleasant" couple, though.

I don't usually like my heroes to have a physical disability. I don't know if this comes from my being a nurse and really wanting an escape from reality when I read Romance, or what. Still, I did like the way JQ handled that aspect, and contrasted (view spoiler)

Plus, I love Rosalyn Landor's narration and even she seemed just "pleasant."

So far the first in this series is my favorite.

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

Also, why (view spoiler) I thought something was going to come of that (view spoiler)

message 12: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm ok with disabilities but some times the story can get too dark and dreary when some disabilities are involved. This one kept a more light fell to it.

lol, I did think there should have been more mentioned on the subject of the card game and what really happened. But I guess that was all that happened.

Jewel | 350 comments Argh, I'm trying not to read the comments, I really should start reading it.

message 14: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Well, I haven't given anything really spoilerish away! hehe

Jewel | 350 comments I don't mind disabilities if it was handled well.

I just finished When Beauty Tamed the Beast, and the hero had a disability, that's why I'm reluctant to start this one so soon.

Jewel | 350 comments This was going really well until his father showed up, I'm not enjoying it any more

message 17: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

I didn't like him either!

message 18: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ugh over the father, too.

message 19: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

And ick.

Jewel | 350 comments Finished,

I quite enjoyed it.
I like JQ writing style, sometimes she doesnt get the story right, but I enjoy going in the mind of her characters and their interactions.

I was really bothered with all that stuff with his father I thought it could have been written a little differently..
And I was dissapointed when near the end he managed to carry her for a short distance, but then no one commented at it.

I have listened to the audio book of the second one and have enjoyed it, so while reading this one I kept wishing it was on audio as well.

message 21: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

I remember him carrying her. It was a bummer he couldn't carry her further but circumstances prevented it.

message 22: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

Totally agree with you about the father and the carrying, Jewel. BTW, it is on audio. I listened to it. Rosalyn Landor does her usual excellent job.

Jewel | 350 comments Thanks Lisa Kay, I'll see if I can get it.
It's you who got me interested in Audio Books, I discovered that I can listen to them while I crochet!

I'm listening to Flowers from the Storm now, and even though I've read it before, I'm totally enjoying it and discovering new things.

message 24: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

Isn't it neat how listening to a book is different than reading a book? That you do discover new things.