The Mortal Instruments {Roleplay} discussion

New York > Java Jones

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) | 304 comments Mod

message 2: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Jaze walked into the restaurant, a light jacket on to keep out some of the cold. She had a messenger bag slung over her shoulder, in which was her stele, pocketknife, a seraph blade, and the file she'd found in the Institute's library. She took a seat at one of the tables and picked up a menu, then set it down a moment later.

♪♫Gloria♫♪ Hallie sat in the corner of the coffee place (Right?). She was reading Harry Potter while drinking coffee. Wow. Exciting. She was wearing her favorite outfit, and had already managed to offend seven people just this morning.

(view spoiler)

message 4: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((I gotta go. Sorry. Tiiiiired.))

message 5: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((Hello! And btw, I like her outfit. XD ))

Leaning back in her seat, Jaze processed the information she'd gleaned from the file. Well, now she new why her mother was exiled, but now she had more questions. For instance, why? She sighed and glanced around the room. Her eyes landed on a girl in the back for a moment, long enough to read her shirt. Well, that's nice, she thought, picking up her menu.

♪♫Gloria♫♪ Hallie sensed that someone was staring at her. She glanced up, and almost caught the gaze of the girl looking at her. Okay, now her count was eight. As she picked up her coffee mug to take a sip, her mark- that twisted around her wrist- flashed.

message 7: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Something gold gleamed out of the corner of her eyes, making Jaze frown faintly. She glanced over at where it'd been and saw the same girl again. That was..strange, she thought, when she didn't see it again. She looked away, hopefully before the person saw her and thought she was creepy.

♪♫Gloria♫♪ That girl had looked at her again. Hallie inspected the girl more closely, and came to the conclusion that she must be either a shadowhunter or another downworlder. She was guessing a shadowhunter, by the way she sat and the way she was still alert, and never quite relaxed. As the person got the drink they had ordered, Hallie whispered something. The foam at the top of the drink spelled out the word "Hello."

♪♫Gloria♫♪ ((*Cough, cough*))

message 10: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((Sorry! Yeah, usually I'm not on very late. That, and I suck monkeys. *headdesk* ))

Okay, her drink was moving. That was unusual. This better not be a fairy trick, Jaze thought, looking down at it. She read the word on her cup and arched a brow. "Well, hello to you too," she muttered, faintly wondering if the hot chocolate would beg her to get something else, so she wouldn't drink it.

♪♫Gloria♫♪ Smiling, Hallie lifted her book back up and began to read again. Taking another sip of her coffee, her sweater sleeve fell back and exposed her arm almost completely. Hallie slammed her coffee down with a hollow thud! In one swift motion, she yanked her sleeve back down to her wrist.

message 12: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Hearing something, and spotting movement, Jaze glanced over at the same girl she'd already looked at two times. Okay, my bet is that she's not human, she thought, looking back at the word on her hot chocolate.

♪♫Gloria♫♪ Hallie caught Jaze's gaze. She winked, and her violet eyes smiled.

message 14: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Downworlder. Definitely Downworlder, Jaze thought. She was too far to be able to identify the girl's eye color perfectly, but she could tell that it wasn't..normal, if that made sense.

♪♫Gloria♫♪ Hallie got up and walked over to Jaze. She gave her a small smile, and sat down next to her. Hallie had, of course, brought her coffee and her book. "Hello there." Hallie's eye color had changed, from the dark purple they had just been to a slightly lighter violet. They had changed because she had finally come to the conclusion that this person was Nephilim.

message 16: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

"Hi," Jaze responded, returning the greeting. She looked at the girl a moment more, trying to figure out what type of Downworlder she was. Out in the daylight, so not a vampire. No signs of nature, so she could cross out fey. That left werewolf and warlock, and judging from the girl's purple eyes, Jaze's bet was on the second. "Nice shirt, by the way."

♪♫Gloria♫♪ "Thanks." Hallie eyed the messenger bag that Jaze held closely to her side. "So, Nephilim, when did you get here?" Hallie may not have been closely associated with them, but she sure knew who came and went. She kept a close watch on them... For obvious reasons.

message 18: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((I have to say this. I LOVE YOUR PROFILE PHOTO!))

Jaze arched a brunette brown. "To Java Jones? A few minutes ago. I'm pretty sure you saw me walk in," she answered, though she was about 90% sure that wasn't what the warlock meant.

message 19: by ♪♫Gloria♫♪ (last edited Jan 10, 2014 05:19PM) (new)

♪♫Gloria♫♪ ((thanks (:))

Hallie snorted, and her eyes flashed. "No. When did you get here. To the institute." Hallie muttered something in French. It was something along the lines of "she had to know i wasn't talking about that."

message 20: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((Why of course. It reminds me of Maximum Ride.))

Shrugging, Jaze stirred her her hot chocolate with a spoon. "Not as long as the others," she answered, truthfully. "I've been here around a year, maybe two."

♪♫Gloria♫♪ Sighing, Hallie refrained from putting her feet up on the coffee table. So it was this one. She vaguely remembered Jaze arriving. Hallie stuck out her hand, and looked Jaze in the eye. Hallie detected a certain sadness and confusion in them, but didn't say anything. "Hallie Jones, High Warlock of nothing." She smiled boldly. "Although I do live down the hall from Magnus Bane."

message 22: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Jaze smiled slightly as she shook the warlock's hand. So, her guess had been right. "Nice to meet you, Hallie. I'm Jaze Raider," she introduced herself, lowering her hand to the table after a moment. The name she'd mentioned rang a bell. "Magnus Bane..he's the High Warlock of whatever, isn't he?"

♪♫Gloria♫♪ "High Warlock of Brooklyn. He has some pretty crazy parties." Hallie grinned. "But I digress." She took a sip of her coffee, and fiddled with the cover of her book a bit, slightly lost in memory.

message 24: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

So that's the guy that Jaze had heard about. She took a sip of her hot chocolate, not very worried about burning her tongue, though she was cautious of the warm liquid. Setting down her cup, she looked at Hallie. "Where you the one who put the word 'Hello' in my cup?"

♪♫Gloria♫♪ "No, there's just another warlock in this place." Hallie told her sarcastically. She raised her eyebrows at Jaze and gave her a smile. She took another sip of her coffee.

message 26: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Jaze fought a small smile as she took another sip of her drink. After a moment, trying her best to make conversation, she asked the Downworlder, "How long have you been in New York?"

♪♫Gloria♫♪ "Mmm," Hallie said as she thought. "Well, I'm not that old... I haven't been here very long, you see. I just got here," She squinted and tilted her head, as if trying to see something far away. "A hundred years? Yeah, that sounds about right. I just moved in from Finland. Lovely place there. Ever thought of visiting?"

message 28: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

"Not really," Jaze answered honestly, fighting a small smile. "I've never been anywhere out of New York, honestly. Unless my father took me somewhere when I was little and don't remember. I guess I'll have to look into it."

♪♫Gloria♫♪ "What about your mother?" Hallie asked, genuinely curious. "Wasn't she around when you were little?"

message 30: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

"Only the day I was born," Jaze answered, fighting a sigh. "She died when I was born, so it was just me and my dad for a few years." Honestly, she'd gotten over it. Sure, it was hard not to have a mother to talk to about girl problems, but she loved her dad, and they'd done okay together, just the two of them.

♪♫Gloria♫♪ Hallie nodded, empathy in her eyes. "I know how it feels." She told Jaze quietly. Hallie leaned back, engulfing herself in the soft chair she was sitting in. She drank the rest of her coffee, then sighed.

message 32: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Really? Jaze wanted to ask, but restrained herself from doing so. She didn't know if it was a sore spot for the warlock and, honestly, didn't want to find out. She swirled around her now cold drink with a finger, not saying anything.

♪♫Gloria♫♪ Hallie reached over to the table that was nearby, and grabbed a napkin. She handed it over to Jaze. "There are spoons here for a reason." She told her. "I'm getting up to get some food. Want any?"

message 34: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Accepting the napkin, Jaze decided not to respond to the first comment. Instead, she took her finger out of the cold hot chocolate and cleaned it, answering, "A human hamburger, maybe?"

♪♫Gloria♫♪ Hallie got up and walked over to the desk where you ordered, and asked for a croissant sandwich and a hamburger. She briefly took a seat next to a handsome boy, and talked with him a little. When her order was called, she winked at the boy, picked it up, and walked back over to Jaze. "Here ya go." She told Jaze,

message 36: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((My apologies! Yes, I know. I'm a Mod who isn't even active. *hangs head in shame*))

"Thank you," Jaze said to the warlock, looking up from her cup. She took the burger and set it on the table, telling Hallie, "How much was it? I'll pay you back."

♪♫Gloria♫♪ "No, It's fine. I've got money pouring out of my freaking ears. I need to get rid of it somehow." Hallie sighed. "I mean, if a fifteen-year-old donated a couple hundred dollars to charity annually, don't you think people would get suspicious?"

message 38: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

"Possibly," Jaze admitted, then added, "But they would also be thankful. And shocked. And probably amazed." She stopped talking after that and took a bite of her hamburger.

♪♫Gloria♫♪ "And curious. I can't deal with curious, regular people." She frowned. "I can't even live in a place for more than 10 years without people wondering."

message 40: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Regular people? Jaze thought, thinking she was referring to mundanes. "Well, look on the bright side. You get to see a lot of cool places. I'll probably be stuck in New York my whole life."

♪♫Gloria♫♪ Hallie finally took a bite of her croissant. After she swallowed, she said, "Probably? You Nephilim have institutes everywhere. All you'd have to do is transfer to a new one."

message 42: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

"I've only been here a year," Jaze pointed out, "so they might not let me transfer until I've learned more. Even if they did, I think I should get used to one place before I move to a different one."

♪♫Gloria♫♪ Hallie sat back. Humans, even Nephilim don't realize how short their lives are. She frowned, and finished her croissant. They must have tightened their system... Hallie had know plenty of Shadowhunters, she is even friends with Tessa. She knows about their lifestyle life. "Who's in charge of the institute now?" She asked, genuinely curious. They must be high-stung and very strict.

message 44: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((And, once again, this question appears. *sigh* Currently? NO CLUE. No one's made a head of the Institute, which surprises me, since those leadership slots usually get filled rather quickly.))

♪♫Gloria♫♪ ((Maybe just make up a last name, so that whoever claims the person will be able to choose everything except the last name. It's not that much of a drawback, I guess.))

message 46: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (last edited Feb 01, 2014 02:50PM) (new)

It took a small, quick moment before Jaze answered. She'd never been all that good with names. "Crossfire," she told the Hallie.

♪♫Gloria♫♪ ((Can I make the person in charge?))

message 48: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((Go for it! :) ))

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments ((Is that the ringing sound of leadership I hear? What sweet 'a 'ringing. :D))

♪♫Gloria♫♪ ((haha I'm going to make a new character for this so this should take a while))

« previous 1