♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

160 views
Archives (Challenges) > The Trilogy Challenge!

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Duration : 3 months from when you begin
Level : 1, 2 or 3 trilogies in 3 months


So, basically what you have to do in this challenge is to read trilogies!

Choose your level, prepare your list and post it below.

You can change your level anytime during the challenge.

Keep updating on how many books/trilogies you have finished and add the author and name of the book.

Post all suggestions, questions and doubts here!

Enjoy!


message 2: by Pualani (new)

Pualani (PualaniDe79) | 3 comments 3 trilogies in 3 months, I think I can handle that. :) There are few trilogies by Nora Roberts that I've wanted to read for a while now. These are:

Born in Trilogy
Born in Fire
Born in Ice
Born in Shame
Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy
The Next Always
The Last Boyfriend
The Perfect Hope
Key Trilogy
Key of Light
Key Of Knowledge
Key of Valor


message 3: by Shilpa (new)

Shilpa | 463 comments Absolutely in for this one..!! will post my books after giving a little thought..and my xams :P


message 4: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Shilpa wrote: "Absolutely in for this one..!! will post my books after giving a little thought..and my xams :P"

yeah sure :)


message 5: by A, Crazy. (last edited Nov 29, 2013 09:10AM) (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
The 3 trilogies (I hope) I'll complete in 3 months:-

Infernal Devices series
Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prince
Clockwork Princess

Delirium series
Delirium
Pandemonium
Requiem

Shatter Me series
Shatter Me
Unravel Me
Ignite Me

But I'm not gonna start until January....just posting my list for now.


message 6: by Luz (new)

Luz Aponte-yanes | 18 comments I'm in. I will post my trilogy after giving it some thought


Hajarath Prasad Abburu (hajarath) | 2833 comments I'm in. will inform my trilogy after some thought.


message 8: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Hajarath Prasad wrote: "I'm in. will inform my trilogy after some thought."

Luz wrote: "I'm in. I will post my trilogy after giving it some thought"

Ok, sure guys!


message 9: by Luz (new)

Luz Aponte-yanes | 18 comments I'm going to read Nora Roberts The Sign of Seven Trilogy

Blood Brothers
The Hollow
The Pagan Stone


message 10: by Sunny!! (new)

Sunny!! | 24 comments Lols

i just finished a triology :D

i m yet to decide what to pick next.....

This triology sounds interesting:

Infernal Devices series
Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prince
Clockwork Princess

i hv to fetch these first though :P


message 11: by Sunny!! (new)

Sunny!! | 24 comments The one which i finished is "Shiva Triology"

and i liked it :)


message 12: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Sunny wrote: "The one which i finished is "Shiva Triology"

and i liked it :)"


OMG!!! I love Shiva trilogy!!!!!


message 13: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Sunny wrote: "Lols

i just finished a triology :D

i m yet to decide what to pick next.....

This triology sounds interesting:

Infernal Devices series
Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prince
Clockwork Princess

i hv ..."


Infernal Devices is complete YA stuff....about Shadowhunters and all....if you're interested in that stuff, then go ahead with it.


message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

This trilogy has been sitting on my bookshelf for some time, but other books always seem to be read first. Hopefully it is worth the wait.

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

I'll probably add more later :)


message 15: by Hockey Mama (new)

Hockey Mama The Black Magician Trilogy.


I have to take time to look if I want to add more, my computer died (power supply something) just beeps when I power up. So I am on my phone, and it's tedious to search.

Ah well, 1st world problem. I'll go read.


message 16: by Poojan (new)

Poojan Ruchi wrote: "Sunny wrote: "Lols

i just finished a triology :D

i m yet to decide what to pick next.....

This triology sounds interesting:

Infernal Devices series
Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prince
Clockwork P..."


i have read the city of bones, its maybe of the prequel series of the infernal devices series but it is damn interesting .. really really liked it.


message 17: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Poojan wrote: "Ruchi wrote: "Sunny wrote: "Lols

i just finished a triology :D

i m yet to decide what to pick next.....

This triology sounds interesting:

Infernal Devices series
Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prin..."


I'm currently on the 3rd book of the Mortal Instruments (City of Glass) and I'm SO bored....it's really not good. The only reason I'm still reading is coz I've heard that the series is VERY good and I don't leave series in the middle....


message 18: by Luz (new)

Luz Aponte-yanes | 18 comments Ruchi - Which series is that? City of Glass?


message 19: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Luz wrote: "Ruchi - Which series is that? City of Glass?"

Mortal Instruments series - it sucks, believe me. Though there's a lot of hype about the series on this site....


message 20: by Luz (new)

Luz Aponte-yanes | 18 comments Ruchi wrote: "Luz wrote: "Ruchi - Which series is that? City of Glass?"

Mortal Instruments series - it sucks, believe me. Though there's a lot of hype about the series on this site...."


Will keep that in mind when choosing my next series. Thanks for your input.


message 21: by Sanika (new)

Sanika | 22 comments I have already read these:

The Lord of the Rings
Mortal Instruments
Lux series (not worth reading!!)
Matched series (Allie Condie)
The Heroes of Olympus
Hunger Games series
Divergent series

People.. please suggest some good trilogies to read...


message 22: by Shilpa (new)

Shilpa | 463 comments Sanika wrote: "I have already read these:

The Lord of the Rings
Mortal Instruments
Lux series (not worth reading!!)
Matched series (Allie Condie)
The Heroes of Olympus
Hunger Games series
Divergent series

Peopl..."


You can try the Bourne trilogy by Robert Ludlum,
Shiva trilogy by Amish &
Millenium Trilogy by stieg larsson..


message 23: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Sanika wrote: "I have already read these:

The Lord of the Rings
Mortal Instruments
Lux series (not worth reading!!)
Matched series (Allie Condie)
The Heroes of Olympus
Hunger Games series
Divergent series

Peopl..."


Shiva trilogy, Infernal Devices, Delirium series


message 24: by Sanika (new)

Sanika | 22 comments Shilpa wrote: "Sanika wrote: "I have already read these:

The Lord of the Rings
Mortal Instruments
Lux series (not worth reading!!)
Matched series (Allie Condie)
The Heroes of Olympus
Hunger Games series
Divergen..."


I have read Ludlum's Bourne series but would like to read larsson and Amish Tripathi.
Thanks Shilpa :)


message 25: by Sanika (new)

Sanika | 22 comments Ruchi wrote: "Sanika wrote: "I have already read these:

The Lord of the Rings
Mortal Instruments
Lux series (not worth reading!!)
Matched series (Allie Condie)
The Heroes of Olympus
Hunger Games series
Divergen..."


Tried reading Delirium... but it is way out of my taste.. I would go for Infernal devices...

Thanks Ruchi:)


message 26: by Roseanne (new)

Roseanne This challenge looks like fun but I have this really bad habit of starting a series and not completing it. I have all these books hanging out there. There are 4 or 5 series that I have started where I have at least one book left to read. Does it count if I am completing a series or is it just for whole series read during the challenge?


message 27: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Roseanne wrote: "This challenge looks like fun but I have this really bad habit of starting a series and not completing it. I have all these books hanging out there. There are 4 or 5 series that I have started wher..."

Whole series read during the challenge...


message 28: by Srividya (new)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) Pualani wrote: "3 trilogies in 3 months, I think I can handle that. :) There are few trilogies by Nora Roberts that I've wanted to read for a while now. These are:

Born in Trilogy
[book:Born in Fire|..."



Loved these trilogies.. In fact have read all of Nora Roberts trilogies and loved each one!! Wish I had put off reading it just so I could read it again... Hope you enjoy these as much as I did :) :)


message 29: by Srividya (new)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) Am in for this as well.. in fact the challenges in this forum are simply mind blowing.. makes me want to participate in each and every one of them, even if i am not sure about completing it. Gives me the urge to read better and more. Loving it.

For my part, I think I am going to try and complete 3 trilogies in 3 months...here are the ones that I am planning to read

Divergent series
Hunger Games Trilogy
And the third am not sure... so suggestions are welcome.. :) :)


message 30: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Srividya wrote: "Am in for this as well.. in fact the challenges in this forum are simply mind blowing.. makes me want to participate in each and every one of them, even if i am not sure about completing it. Gives ..."

All the best!! Divergent and HG series are brilliant!!!


message 31: by Neve (new)

Neve Biggin | 3 comments Reading:
Divergent
Shiver(Maggie Stiefvater)
Not sure what else please give your opinion.


message 32: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Neve wrote: "Reading:
Divergent
Shiver(Maggie Stiefvater)
Not sure what else please give your opinion."


Shatter Me? Hunger Games? Infernal Devices? There are many more...


message 33: by Sai (last edited Apr 18, 2014 05:51AM) (new)

Sai | 5 comments medusa girls series &forgive my fins series by tera lynn chids these are ones i want to read
i completed them along with starcrossed triology


message 34: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) Dont know if i can do this one but will try


message 35: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Marybeth wrote: "Dont know if i can do this one but will try"

Well u should definitely try! The point is to read more:)


message 36: by Srividya (last edited Apr 01, 2014 08:29AM) (new)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) Trilogy Challenge
Difficulty Level: 3 trilogies in 3 months
Duration 1st March 2014 - 31st May 2014

1. Matched Trilogy - March 2014

Matched 12/3/2014

Crossed 16/3/2014

Reached 23/3/2014

2.

3.

Will update as I finish in this post itself :D


message 37: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 244 comments I just read:

Under the Never Sky
Through the Ever Night
Into the Still Blue

I thought they were pretty good


message 38: by Kenny (new)

Kenny W Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth
Divergent
Insurgent
Allegiant

Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay

One more!


message 39: by Sonali (new)

Sonali Daryanani | 1 comments Hey you alll!
Im reading the Divergent series by Veronica Roth
The trilogy is in the following order:
1.divergent
2.insurgent
3.allegiant
I strongly recommend this trilogy coz its really amazing tbh. :D


message 40: by Srividya (new)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) Ruchi... is there a way to extend the time frame of this challenge.. this month has been appalling in terms of reading.. havent been able to complete anything.. so can I extend it by a month???


message 41: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Srividya wrote: "Ruchi... is there a way to extend the time frame of this challenge.. this month has been appalling in terms of reading.. havent been able to complete anything.. so can I extend it by a month???"

Okay, sure:)


message 42: by Srividya (new)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) Thanks Ruchi :)


back to top