What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Sparrow (The Sparrow, #1)
This topic is about The Sparrow
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sci/Fi; A group of friends scientist go on an expedition to another planet after intercepting a song. There's a 20+ year travel time. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Yvonne | 8 comments Read a series at least 6 years ago. A group of friends scientist go on an expedition to another planet after intercepting a song. There's a 20+ year travel time. I remember there's a minister, a older childless couple, and another guy who is really tall. The first beings they meet are furry with tails, they are able to live with and communicate with them for a while teaching them how to better grow their harvest.

Eventually another being come to the colony/village and all hell breaks loose.

There is a second book of a new crew that followed and rescue the first crew.

I don't know the name, and I want to add it to my read list.

Thanks.

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
I'm moving this thread to the Unsolved folder, since that is where the seekers and curious look.

message 3: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments You're not thinking of The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury, are you?

Yvonne | 8 comments not the Martian Chronicles, Thanks Joseph it was a good try.

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2099 comments "The Sparrow" The Sparrow and its sequel "Children of God"

Mawgojzeta | 89 comments I would second Andy's suggestion.

Zoe's Human | 18 comments I will third Andy's suggestion.

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Definitely The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell. I highly recommend it. Sections of it are lyrical and other sections are how horrifying lack of cultural understanding can be.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new) - added it

Lobstergirl | 39848 comments Mod
Yvonne, can you confirm that "The Sparrow" was your book?

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new) - added it

Lobstergirl | 39848 comments Mod
No response but 3 members agree. Moving to Solved.