What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > YA, a girl stays behind in a mall after it closes and discovers that a bunch of other people live there at night [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arielle Rae (last edited Nov 27, 2013 02:14PM) (new)

Arielle Rae Aguilar | 127 comments I can't really give much detail except there was a Ferris wheel inside the mall and there was a scene where they were scavenging for food... There was two characters I clearly remember: the girl who stayed behind and the guy who lives in the mall who shows her around. Both are teens I think (maybe tween)
They (the people in the mall) also had to avoid guards of some kind
And I think the villain was the people who is in charge of the mall? Not sure on that one

Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Melanti (new)

Melanti | 333 comments Google is saying:
Secrets of the Shopping Mall
Homecoming

I'm sure there's others. I know I read a similar one back in the early 90's and I don't think its the ones I listed.

message 3: by Jool (new)

Jool (jools4853) Could this book be Secrets of the Shopping Mall ? I haven't read it, but it does sound intriguing.
--Jool

message 4: by Andria (last edited Nov 27, 2013 03:44PM) (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
I think it's The Night Children by Kit Reed. Secrets of the Shopping Mall has a supernatural element (the mannequins come alive at night)

The Night Children by Kit Reed

message 5: by Jool (new)

Jool (jools4853) Now I want to read both of these! :-) I love this group, I'm discovering so many books!
--Jool

Andria wrote: "I think it's The Night Children by Kit Reed. Secrets of the Shopping Mall has a supernatural element (the mannequins come alive at night)"

message 6: by Arielle Rae (new)

Arielle Rae Aguilar | 127 comments Andria wrote: "I think it's The Night Children by Kit Reed. Secrets of the Shopping Mall has a supernatural element (the mannequins come alive at night)

The Night Children by Kit Reed"

Yes it's The Night Children ! Thank you!