Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > Books I want to read by the end of 2013

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14609 comments It's nearing the time of the year when I start to contemplate determining the best books I read during the year, the book count year over year, and enjoying other's top book lists; then that leads to wondering how many more books, especially audio books, I will manage to read before the new year.
My audio book time is mainly commute time, so I can pretty well pinpoint the open 2013 audio book hours to be 16-20 hours left or one to two books depending on length. Frankly I am not sure yet, that will be my task for this weekend.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14609 comments Audio: Doctor Sleep looks perfect at 18 hours 35 minutes and it has been a few weeks since narrator Will Patton read The Dream Thieves. Also I can whispersync the audible.com book with the Kindle copy.
What was I thinking to consider that a Library Overdrive loan of The Goldfinch (32 hours!) would work on a three week loan ... next year!
Now that is settled, on to
Print: hmmm... how many and how to prioritize.

message 3: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3589 comments I just finished bringing the last few finished books up to date on my written book journal. and I'm now at 193 books so I think I'll hit over 200 book this year. yeah.

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments I hope to get The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon The Bone Season by the end of the month!

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14609 comments The Bone Season sounds good, Melodie!

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14609 comments Listening to Doctor Sleep was accomplished. Now to see what I can do about being at 69 books read with a goal of 75. I have a feeling I am going to end up with 70 or 71.
Of course every book I squeeze into Dec-2013 is one less for 2014. :)

message 7: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Ann, I am in the same boat!! My goal is 75, as I tried 100 last year and even tho I made it, the quality wasn't there. So right now I am on book 70, not sure if I can make it to 75. It's gonna be close!

message 8: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1380 comments I am reading book 133. In previous years I've read 150 books. I'm not going to make it this year. I only read three A rated M/Ts so far in 2013. That's an even bigger disappointment.

message 9: by Donnajo (last edited Dec 21, 2013 07:04AM) (new)

Donnajo | 3589 comments Shomeret wrote: "I am reading book 133. In previous years I've read 150 books. I'm not going to make it this year. I only read three A rated M/Ts so far in 2013. That's an even bigger disappointment."

sorry to hear that. I probably won't have much that I read in the m/t gene either. I'm so behind on doing my GRs finished books shelf this year that I don't know if I'll ever get to it. I hope too but I don't see it happening this year. I think the last time I worked oni t I was at the shore and I'm only working in June. I would be happy if I could only stick the books, authors and ratings in and be done with it but even that takes awhile doing each one.
I think my day changed today so maybe I'll give it an hour today and see if I can get anymore on it.

message 10: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14609 comments Just start with Dec-2013 and do it regularly going forward fresh for 2014 DonnaJo, and maybe you can add the other 2013 books later!
Donnajo wrote: "I'm so behind on doing my GRs finished books shelf this year that I don't know if I'll ever get to it. I hope too but I don't see it happening this year. I think the last time I worked on it I was at the shore and I'm only working in June. I would be happy if I could only stick the books, authors and ratings in and be done with it but even that takes awhile doing each one. "

message 11: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14609 comments Your 133 books is way better than my 70 or so, Shomeret! And you have your school work to deal with - that eats into a lot of reading time.
Shomeret wrote: "I am reading book 133. In previous years I've read 150 books. I'm not going to make it this year. I only read three A rated M/Ts so far in 2013. That's an even bigger disappointment."

message 12: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3589 comments Ann wrote: "Just start with Dec-2013 and do it regularly going forward fresh for 2014 DonnaJo, and maybe you can add the other 2013 books later!
Donnajo wrote: "I'm so behind on doing my GRs finished books sh..."

Good idea do dec. And worry about filling the rest in latet because by not doing the current it's only making me futher behind it's like I'm almost giving up.