Start by marking “The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)

The Dream Thieves

(The Raven Cycle #2)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  141,054 ratings  ·  16,469 reviews
Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same. Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life. Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after…
Published September 17th 2013 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about The Dream Thieves, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kyra
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  141,054 ratings  ·  16,469 reviews

Start your review of The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
Miranda Reads
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook, ya-series

Happy Pride Month y'all! Click the link to check out my favorite PRIDE books
The Written Review
description

Their magic. Their quest. Their awfulness and strangeness.
Her raven boys.
Every so often, there is a series that absolutely sweeps you off your feet.

It's all-encompassing. All-consuming. Everything you have ever wanted in a book.

It's simply magnificent.
Ronan Lynch:
I am being perfectly fucking civil.

description
Adam Parrish “Do you think you're a train wreck?"
"That would mean I was on the tracks to start wi
Nat
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Update 2020: I'm currently rereading The Dream Thieves, and I could not stop cackling at these two passages:

“Touch it,” Blue whispered. “See if it’s alive, too.”
“One of you two Poverty Twins should touch it,” Ronan said. “I touched the last one.”
Her eyes blazed. “What did you just call me?”
“You heard me.”
“Gansey,” she said.”

Just imagining that last line in Dwight’s voice from The Office had me nearly on the floor.

bookspoils office
Also this:

“From the deck of the boat, Orla said, “I’m having a psychic moment. It i
Elle (TheBookishActress)
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone oh my god
Here is a brief list of traits I have that made me enjoy this book:
➽big lesbian
➽likes weird shit
➽overanalyzes feelings
➽be like "damn what a mood" whenever adam narrates for 2.5 seconds
➽deeply relate to the feel of being constantly tired of everyone except ur four weird friends
➽writes mental essays on subtext and narrative parallels
➽constantly crying
➽absolutely very tender

also, I just read this fucking essay, and I remembered how much I would die for these books, and now I'm considering a reread
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”All of us have secrets in our lives. We’re keepers or kept-from, players or played. Secrets and cockroaches – that’s what will be left at the end of it all.”

Oh god what can I say about this book?
I loved it!!!
I loved it with all my heart and even though I never wanted it to end I still wanted to know what would happen next! XD

Seriously, there is something about the way Maggie Stiefvater describes her world, how she expresses the countless feelings of her characters. With Maggie things are n
Wendy Darling
This is the fantastical story of a boy tormented by nightmares that literally--literally!--become real. Set shortly after the events of The Raven Boys, the students of Aglionby Academy are still on the hunt for a legendary sleeping Welsh king. This time, while we continue to get perspectives from multiple POVs, the story primarily focuses on Ronan Lynch, a troubled and angry 17-year-old who pulls dark objects out of his dreams. But when ley lines running through their sleepy town are awakened, i ...more
Raeleen Lemay
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, lgbtqia
I JUST LOVE RONAN SO MUCH OK??

ok I'm adding more.

I really love how subtle Maggie Stiefvater is when it comes to the "big things" that happen in terms of the characters and what's going on. I don't want to talk about it too much because of spoilers, but I feel like some authors try to shove information down your throat, but Maggie knows how to do it in a much more natural, REALISTIC way, so much so that you don't even really realize she did it until it's done. So magnificent.

The characters feel
C.G. Drews
Reread 4 | September 2019
I just love to lose myself in rereading this series. I want to write down a million quotes and step inside this novel and never leave. It makes me want to cry and unpack secrets and believe in magic. And truly, that's what I ask for in a story. This book means so so much to me. (Ronan, I swear, he is the death of me and also his arc has my whole whole heart.)

Reread #3:
Um ya I'm obsessed I really have not got anything to say except I LOVE THIS BOOK MORE EACH TIME I READ I
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re/read on audible

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

I LOVE THESE RAVEN BOYS!

Even though all of the boys are in the book, this one tells more of Ronan's story and I love him ♥

I still love Blue, I think she is a great character. I love her family, all of the banter between them, the sweetness between Blue and her mom - just everything! I feel bad that Blue has to go through all of these emotions with Adam and Gansey. Blue knows that she loves Gansey and that finally comes to light but in a ve
emma
god i love to reread

-----------------------------

Welp. It’s been a month of nonstop reflecting. I actually moved to a monastery in the hills of Tibet (are there hills in Tibet?) in order to bring even more clarity to my nonstop pondering. Like, I showed up, and the monks were all, “What the hell are you doing here? This is for dudes. Really pious and wise ones. We don’t just let annoying but effortlessly cool teenage girls in here.” (They were really chill in terms of verbage.)

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“If you never saw the stars, candles were enough.”

(Fanart by Aymmi)

I have been holding off this review for a while... (In all honesty, I'm already halfway through Blue Lily, Lily Blue and this series is kicking ass so far).

There comes occasions where though it's not a 5 star book...
When the rating doesn't really matter at the end, because whether you give this series one star or all the stars in the damn universe. It still is unforgettable.

______________

Simplicity

“Arbores lo
Natasha
You guys don't even KNOW, you guys. You guys! Guys. This book, guys. This frickin' book!

Spoilers below so avert your eyes you Dream Thief virgins.

*Foams at mouth*
How is it possible that a second book is better than the first book, which was out of this world amazing? It's hard, but man. This book. This book is everything YA should be. Everything YA Paranormal should be. It's everything that's good about my life, really. It's that good.

The writing? Amazing, as well. The characters were all badass
jessica
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
if someone were to ask me what this book/series is about, i honestly have no idea how i would answer. its about literally everything and nothing - all at the same time.

there is just so much going on that it was sometimes difficult to stay focused, but how it all came together is very, very clever. the first half kind of dragged, but when it picked up, it REALLY picked up.

im also sad this doesnt focus on blue as much as i wanted - her ‘curse’ is really what intrigued me about the series in the
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
5 Stars

Overview: Re-Read, October 2019

Honestly I was slightly worried I’d built this series up in my head over the years.... but I still adore it

Overview: Re-Read, January 2018

Umm, is there a better way to start off the new year?? I think I loved this even MORE if that's possible

Initial Review: February 2017

I’ve been staring at an empty word document for much longer than I care to admit, trying to figure out how to put into words HOW MUCH I FREAKING LOVED this.

Though I really enjoyed the writi
Petrik
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Petrik by: Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
3.5/5 Stars

Ronan Lynch is probably one the most well written character to ever exist in the entire YA genre.

The Dream Thieves, the second book in The Raven Cycle series, to say it in a few words is what I think how every book in the YA genre should strive to achieve in their characters development.

I have heard a lot of great things about Ronan Lynch and I finally understood why this character is really beloved by every reader I know. Almost the entirety of the book focused around Ronan’s past,
❄️BooksofRadiance❄️
Excuse me for a moment while I go slap myself senseless for having resisted this long.

It took months to get here but I finally made it. I read the raven boys last summer and though I enjoyed it and swore to finish the series by the end of the summer, other books ended up getting in the way while my attention kept going where the wind blew. Judge me not…

Plot:

After the events of The Raven Boys, all the mysteries that were left unanswered and the consequences of the things that happened, my head
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
When Taylor Swift (??) songs start reminding you of Ronan Lynch (??) oh yes, it's time for a reread

"In and out,
Like a motherfucking thief."

I feel this intense love for Ronan that no other character shares. I've been obsessed with him since he first showed up, and it's only gotten worse after that. I enjoy reading about Gansey, Adam, Blue, Noah, but when Ronan is on pages it's like they come to life. I'm telling you, it's not normal the way i feel about him. When i read this book last
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“While I'm gone," Gansey said, pausing, "dream me the world. Something new for every night.”

Well, obviously, Maggie Stiefvater can do amazing things with words. Beautiful things like this series. I was transfixed with The Dream Thieves. It's another fascinating novel made by a brilliant author.

Some things still irritate me though. My best example: Ronan Lynch. Sometimes I just want to punch him in the face, especially when he behaves like the biggest dipshit earth has ever seen. His actions and
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 The Raven Boys ★★★★★
#2 The Dream Thieves ★★★★★
#3 Blue Lily, Lily Blue ★★★★★
#4 The Raven King ★★★★★
#4.5 Opal ★★★★★

“And Ronan was everything that was left: molten eyes and a smile made for war.”

This review took me way too long to write, because it was just so hard to compile my feelings for this book into actual words on a screen. I paced myself and went through this book so slowly, because I couldn't stand not to savor it. It was easily one of the best books I've read all year, and has made
Cindy Pham
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
As always, it’s hard for me to rate this series. Subjectively, I lean towards 3 stars because the first half of the book took me forever to get through since I didn’t care for Ronan’s character and plot, which were the focus of this book. Objectively, I lean towards 4 stars because the book does a good job at weaving together magical realism and mystery with characters that are human and endearingly precocious. So I’ll meet in the middle with 3.5!
Ryan
5/5 I love Ronan so goddamn much stars

Pre-Dream Thieves Me: Okay, there is no way I could possibly love Ronan Lynch anymore than I do now.

Post-Dream Thieves Me: Think again, bitch.

I've written and re-written this review so many times now, that I've just accepted I'll never be able to put into words how much I love this series, and how much I loved this book. So I wrote a gif-review instead. Enjoy.

This book:

Blue
Katerina
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
“While I'm gone, dream me the world. Something new for every night.”

I feel like I just woke up from a dream. Slightly disoriented, like I can't separate reality from fiction. Like I can't remember the exact context of this bizarre dream but I can recollect scattered images and emotions. Bliss. Anger. Agony. Pain.
Love. For this series and its raw, complicated and real characters.
“It was mint and memories and the past and the future and she felt as if she’d done this before an
nova ryder ☼
i don’t even know if it’s possible to write a review for this book because honestly where would i even begin and it would probably just end up being an essay on why i would die for ronan lynch
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
So much love for the Raven Boys *sigh*
The Girl Murdered by Her TBR
4.25 stars!!!

In that moment, Blue was a little in love with all of them. Their magic. Their quest, Their awfulness and strangeness. Her raven boys

Uhhhmmm, excuse me Blue? They are my Raven Boys, not yours.

Where do I start again? Oh! How about this book is better than the first one and it contains a black belt in self-destruction? Maggie has the power to blow my mind into smithereens and the capability to shoot a bullet (using a shotgun, mind you) straight to my heart...

It took me a m
jess
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This book was something out of a dream. Reading this felt like developing a crush. When you just look at something/someone and it just feels right. And as time goes on, you continue to love that person more and more. Falling in love with their nervous mannerisms and they way they speak. Reading this was like continuously falling in love with someone, deeper and dee
Sana
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was supposed to be a BR with this bitch, but she decided to read without me and then DNF it halfway in because it was too boring. I'm questioning our friendship too. So like, I'm going to force her to finish this and BR the next book with me.

When I finished The Raven Boys, I was left confused and bored and didn't really want to pick up this book because I didn't want to read something that was confusing as fuck and boring as fuck, but HOW WRONG I WAS! This was so fucking good. AHhhh so fuc
Jenny
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***27. March 2016***
I rarely ever reread an entire series before the release of a new book, ergo my constant sequel amnesia, but this is the Raven Cycle . It's one of those books that just keeps on giving. The more you read, the more you discover. It has a really high reread factor as well because future actions shed light on past actions, turning each reread into small treasure hunts looking for those hints peppered into the story.
And the characters, don't get me started on the characters.
description

All of us have secrets in our lives. We’re keepers or kept-from, players or played. Secrets and cockroaches — that’s what will be left at the end of it all.

Blurb: If you could steal things from dreams, what would you take?
Ronan Lynch has secrets. Some he keeps from others. Some he keeps from himself.
One secret: Ronan can bring things out of his dreams.
And sometimes he's not the only one who wants those things.
Ronan is one of the raven boys - a group of friends, practically brothers, searchi
Claudia Ramírez
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-ship-them, my-sons, 2016
4.5, review to come later.
Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful)
The Dream Thieves (RC 02), by Maggie Stiefvater: 5 “Dreams Come True” Stars

description

“A secret is a strange thing.” ~ Ronan Lynch.

If anyone knows about strange secrets, it’s Ronan Lynch. Turns out, Richard Gansey III’s left-hand man has lots of secrets. All of them crazy. Crazy scary. Crazy unbelievable. Crazy heartbreaking. And, just plain crazy, crazy. In The Dream Thieves, book two of Maggie Stiefvater’s Raven Cycle series, we learn them all. Well, almost all.

description

“All of us have secrets in our lives.” ~

• The Raven King (All for the Game, #2)
  • The King's Men (All for the Game, #3)
  • The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Carry On (Simon Snow, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1)
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • Radio Silence
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
New York Times bestselling author of The Shiver Trilogy, The Raven Cycle, and The Scorpio Races. Artist. Driver of things with wheels. Avid reader.

All of Maggie Stiefvater's life decisions have been formed by a desire to leave a mark, resulting in spray-painted cars, sharpie-covered computer printers, ink-splattered walls, and stories told in books, in magazines, and on stages. Maggie Stiefvater l

The Raven Cycle (4 books)
  • The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)