Start by marking “The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)

The Dream Thieves

(The Raven Cycle #2)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  110,969 ratings  ·  13,343 reviews
Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same. Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life. Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after…
Published September 17th 2013 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about The Dream Thieves, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Nicole Turcios I think Maggie confirmed it was his dick
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,576 books — 11,067 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
2,506 books — 12,316 voters

More lists with this book...

Maggie Stiefvater
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: young-adult
My new favorite of my books. It has All of My Favorite Things in it.
Nat
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reread SEPTEMBER 2018
The only thing that matters:

“Is it your - your thoughts are in Latin? Or the dialogue? Do other people speak Latin in them? Like, am I in your dreams?”
“Oh, yes baby.” It amused Ronan to say this, a lot. He laughed enough that Chainsaw abandoned her paper shredding to verify he wasn’t dying.”

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 09.46.55

“While I’m gone,” Gansey said, pausing, “dream me the world. Something new for every night.”

description
This review contains *spoilers*.

The Dream Thieves picks up right where The Raven Boys left of
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”All of us have secrets in our lives. We’re keepers or kept-from, players or played. Secrets and cockroaches – that’s what will be left at the end of it all.”

Oh god what can I say about this book?
I loved it!!!
I loved it with all my heart and even though I never wanted it to end I still wanted to know what would happen next! XD

Seriously, there is something about the way Maggie Stiefvater describes her world, how she expresses the countless feelings of her characters. With Maggie things are nev
Wendy Darling
This is the fantastical story of a boy tormented by nightmares that literally--literally!--become real. Set shortly after the events of The Raven Boys, the students of Aglionby Academy are still on the hunt for a legendary sleeping Welsh king. This time, while we continue to get perspectives from multiple POVs, the story primarily focuses on Ronan Lynch, a troubled and angry 17-year-old who pulls dark objects out of his dreams. But when ley lines running through their sleepy town are awakened, i ...more
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Here is a brief list of traits I have that made me enjoy this book:
➽big lesbian
➽likes weird shit
➽overanalyzes feelings
➽be like "damn what a mood" whenever adam shows up for 2.5 seconds
➽deeply relate to the feel of being constantly tired of everyone except ur four weird friends
➽writes mental essays on subtext and narrative parallels
➽constantly crying
➽depression

also, I just read this fucking essay, and I remembered how much I would die for these books, and now I'm considering a reread, and you sh
Raeleen Lemay
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, lgbtqia, young-adult
I JUST LOVE RONAN SO MUCH OK??

ok I'm adding more.

I really love how subtle Maggie Stiefvater is when it comes to the "big things" that happen in terms of the characters and what's going on. I don't want to talk about it too much because of spoilers, but I feel like some authors try to shove information down your throat, but Maggie knows how to do it in a much more natural, REALISTIC way, so much so that you don't even really realize she did it until it's done. So magnificent.

The characters feel
Miranda Reads
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-series, audiobook
description

Their magic. Their quest. Their awfulness and strangeness.
Her raven boys.
Every so often, there is a series that absolutely sweeps you off your feet.

It's all-encompassing. All-consuming. Everything you have ever wanted in a book.

It's simply magnificent.
Ronan Lynch:
I am being perfectly fucking civil.

description
Adam Parrish “Do you think you're a train wreck?"
"That would mean I was on the tracks to start with.”

description
Richard Gansey the Third 'I wish you could be kissed, Jane,' he said. 'Because I would beg
C.G. Drews
Reread #3:
Um ya I'm obsessed I really have not got anything to say except I LOVE THIS BOOK MORE EACH TIME I READ IT. I THINK I CRUSHED MY OWN LUNGS WITH LOVE AND APPRECIATION. Ronan is, without doubt, my favourite raven boy, and I love that this is his book. His character development is phenomenal and intricate and done with heart. Like I'm bleeding emotions all over the place.

Notable moments:
• Ronan pretending to be badass and then also giving his pet raven blocks to play with so she doesn't ge
emma
Welp. It’s been a month of nonstop reflecting. I actually moved to a monastery in the hills of Tibet (are there hills in Tibet?) in order to bring even more clarity to my nonstop pondering. Like, I showed up, and the monks were all, “What the hell are you doing here? This is for dudes. Really pious and wise ones. We don’t just let annoying but effortlessly cool teenage girls in here.” (They were really chill in terms of verbage.)

But then I looked up from u
Natasha
You guys don't even KNOW, you guys. You guys! Guys. This book, guys. This frickin' book!

Spoilers below so avert your eyes you Dream Thief virgins.

*Foams at mouth*
How is it possible that a second book is better than the first book, which was out of this world amazing? It's hard, but man. This book. This book is everything YA should be. Everything YA Paranormal should be. It's everything that's good about my life, really. It's that good.

The writing? Amazing, as well. The characters were all badass
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“If you never saw the stars, candles were enough.”

(Fanart by Aymmi)

I have been holding off this review for a while... (In all honesty, I'm already halfway through Blue Lily, Lily Blue and this series is kicking ass so far).

There comes occasions where though it's not a 5 star book...
When the rating doesn't really matter at the end, because whether you give this series one star or all the stars in the damn universe. It still is unforgettable.

______________

Simplicity

“Arbores loqui latine.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re/read on audible

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

I LOVE THESE RAVEN BOYS!

Even though all of the boys are in the book, this one tells more of Ronan's story and I love him ♥

I still love Blue, I think she is a great character. I love her family, all of the banter between them, the sweetness between Blue and her mom - just everything! I feel bad that Blue has to go through all of these emotions with Adam and Gansey. Blue knows that she loves Gansey and that finally comes to light but in a ve
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
5 Stars

Overview: Re-Read, January 2018

Umm, is there a better way to start off the new year?? I think I loved this even MORE if that's possible

Initial Review: February 2017

I’ve been staring at an empty word document for much longer than I care to admit, trying to figure out how to put into words HOW MUCH I FREAKING LOVED this.

Though I really enjoyed the writing in the first book, it completely blew me away here. The words were all perfectly chosen to craft simply beautiful and engrossing senten
Petrik
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Petrik by: Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
3.5/5 Stars

Ronan Lynch is probably one the most well written character to ever exist in the entire YA genre.

The Dream Thieves, the second book in The Raven Cycle series, to say it in a few words is what I think how every book in the YA genre should strive to achieve in their characters development.

I have heard a lot of great things about Ronan Lynch and I finally understood why this character is really beloved by every reader I know. Almost the entirety of the book focused around Ronan’s past,
❄️Nani❄️
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Excuse me for a moment while I go slap myself senseless for having resisted this long.

It took months to get here but I finally made it. I read the raven boys last summer and though I enjoyed it and swore to finish the series by the end of the summer, other books ended up getting in the way while my attention kept going where the wind blew. Judge me not…

Plot:

After the events of The Raven Boys, all the mysteries that were left unanswered and the consequences of the things that happened, my head
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
When Taylor Swift (??) songs start reminding you of Ronan Lynch (??) oh yes, it's time for a reread

"In and out,
Like a motherfucking thief."

I feel this intense love for Ronan that no other character shares. I've been obsessed with him since he first showed up, and it's only gotten worse after that. I enjoy reading about Gansey, Adam, Blue, Noah, but when Ronan is on pages it's like they come to life. I'm telling you, it's not normal the way i feel about him. When i read this book last year i
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Well, obviously, Maggie Stiefvater can do amazing things with words. Beautiful things like this series. I was transfixed with The Dream Thieves. It's another fascinating novel made by a brilliant author.

Some things still irritate me though. My best example: Ronan Lynch. Sometimes I just want to punch him in the face, especially when he behaves like the biggest dipshit earth has ever seen. His actions and
Katerina
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
“While I'm gone, dream me the world. Something new for every night.”

I feel like I just woke up from a dream. Slightly disoriented, like I can't separate reality from fiction. Like I can't remember the exact context of this bizarre dream but I can recollect scattered images and emotions. Bliss. Anger. Agony. Pain.
Love. For this series and its raw, complicated and real characters.
“It was mint and memories and the past and the future and she felt as if she’d done this before and already she
destiny ♎ [howling libraries]
#1 The Raven Boys ★★★★★
#2 The Dream Thieves ★★★★★
#3 Blue Lily, Lily Blue ★★★★★
#4 The Raven King ★★★★★
#4.5 Opal ★★★★★

“And Ronan was everything that was left: molten eyes and a smile made for war.”

This review took me way too long to write, because it was just so hard to compile my feelings for this book into actual words on a screen. I paced myself and went through this book so slowly, because I couldn't stand not to savor it. It was easily one of the best books I've read all year, and has made t
Ryan
5/5 I love Ronan so goddamn much stars

Pre-Dream Thieves Me: Okay, there is no way I could possibly love Ronan Lynch anymore than I do now.

Post-Dream Thieves Me: Think again, bitch.

I've written and re-written this review so many times now, that I've just accepted I'll never be able to put into words how much I love this series, and how much I loved this book. So I wrote a gif-review instead. Enjoy.

This book:

Blue a
Jenny
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***27. March 2016***
I rarely ever reread an entire series before the release of a new book, ergo my constant sequel amnesia, but this is the Raven Cycle . It's one of those books that just keeps on giving. The more you read, the more you discover. It has a really high reread factor as well because future actions shed light on past actions, turning each reread into small treasure hunts looking for those hints peppered into the story.
And the characters, don't get me started on the characters. T
Yulitza Moncada
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No les pasa que van a leer un libro con altas expectativas ya que su antecesor te encanto, pero al final este termina gustándote más que el anterior, bueno me paso con este libro.

Tengo que iniciar diciéndoles que la portada de este libro es hermosa, desde que leí el primer libro de esta saga quede fascinada con cada uno de sus personajes, y definitivamente tenía que continuar con estos libros para conocer más de su historia y de todos esos secretos ocultos de ellos, me gusto mucho que la trama
Sana
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was supposed to be a BR with this bitch, but she decided to read without me and then DNF it halfway in because it was too boring. I'm questioning our friendship too. So like, I'm going to force her to finish this and BR the next book with me.

When I finished The Raven Boys, I was left confused and bored and didn't really want to pick up this book because I didn't want to read something that was confusing as fuck and boring as fuck, but HOW WRONG I WAS! This was so fucking good. AHhhh so fuc
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
So much love for the Raven Boys *sigh*
Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful)
The Dream Thieves (RC 02), by Maggie Stiefvater: 5 “Dreams Come True” Stars

description

“A secret is a strange thing.” ~ Ronan Lynch.

If anyone knows about strange secrets, it’s Ronan Lynch. Turns out, Richard Gansey III’s left-hand man has lots of secrets. All of them crazy. Crazy scary. Crazy unbelievable. Crazy heartbreaking. And, just plain crazy, crazy. In The Dream Thieves, book two of Maggie Stiefvater’s Raven Cycle series, we learn them all. Well, almost all.

description

“All of us have secrets in our lives.” ~
description

All of us have secrets in our lives. We’re keepers or kept-from, players or played. Secrets and cockroaches — that’s what will be left at the end of it all.

Blurb: If you could steal things from dreams, what would you take?
Ronan Lynch has secrets. Some he keeps from others. Some he keeps from himself.
One secret: Ronan can bring things out of his dreams.
And sometimes he's not the only one who wants those things.
Ronan is one of the raven boys - a group of friends, practically brothers, searching
Claudia Ramírez
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-ship-them, 2016, my-sons
4.5, review to come later.
destini mia
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-holy-grail
Rex Corvus, parate Regis Corvi.
The Raven King, make way for The Raven King.

*rolls out the red carpet I hand-stitched myself*

One word: Ronan.

Ronan, Ronan, my dearest snake, Ronan.

This book would be amazing just on the basis that it features an exclusive look at one of the most enigmatic characters in the series. Although, that isn't saying much seeing as all the characters are onions of mystery. However, Maggie Stiefvater is a gifted storyteller, and amazing characterization isn't all you wi
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

"Suddenly, for the briefest moment, panic forced itself up.
Am I a dream creature? Would I know?"

4.5 stars. No one is more flabbergasted than me to realize - to confirm - that Ronan Lynch is undoubtedly my favorite.

RONAN. FREAKING. LYNCH.

Ronan, who's so keen on showing the kind of thrill-seeking, self-destructive behavior I would usually hate and manages to make me love him nonetheless. Tell me, is there something more powerful than the annihilation of a usual revulsion? I don't think there
The Girl Murdered by Her TBR
4.25 stars!!!

In that moment, Blue was a little in love with all of them. Their magic. Their quest, Their awfulness and strangeness. Her raven boys

Uhhhmmm, excuse me Blue? They are my Raven Boys, not yours.

Where do I start again? Oh! How about this book is better than the first one and it contains a black belt in self-destruction? Maggie has the power to blow my mind into smithereens and the capability to shoot a bullet (using a shotgun, mind you) straight to my heart...

It took me a month t
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • The King's Men (All for the Game, #3)
  • Necromancing the Stone (Necromancer, #2)
  • Black Heart (Curse Workers, #3)
  • The Cracks in the Kingdom (The Colours of Madeleine, #2)
  • Secret (Elemental, #4)
  • Sorrow's Knot
  • Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)
  • The Madness Underneath (Shades of London, #2)
  • Siege and Storm (Grisha Verse, #2)
  • All Our Yesterdays
  • Lair of Dreams (The Diviners, #2)
  • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • The Strange Maid (The United States of Asgard, #2)
  • The FitzOsbornes at War (The Montmaray Journals, #3)
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
New York Times bestselling author of The Shiver Trilogy, The Raven Cycle, and The Scorpio Races. Artist. Driver of things with wheels. Avid reader.

All of Maggie Stiefvater's life decisions have been formed by a desire to leave a mark, resulting in spray-painted cars, sharpie-covered computer printers, ink-splattered walls, and stories told in books, in magazines, and on stages. Maggie Stiefvater l

The Raven Cycle (4 books)
  • The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)
“In that moment, Blue was a little in love with all of them.
Their magic. Their quest. Their awfulness and strangeness.
Her raven boys.”
1721 likes
“While I'm gone," Gansey said, pausing, "dream me the world. Something new for every night.” 1336 likes