James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing (James Potter, #1) James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing discussion

Anybody else not like this part of the series

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alexis I personally hate them for many reasons. One of them is the fact that James II knows next to nothing about the muggle world, even though he was raised by someone born in the muggle world. James' new friends really grate on my nerves, especially the American. Could you make a little less obvious that your muggle-born, like no Wizard of Oz comparisons or at least study up on the Wizarding World so he has a general idea of it.

I must give kudos to G. Norman for creating a new section of the Potters.

message 2: by Julia (last edited Nov 22, 2013 10:56AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Julia It's not great, but for fanfic it's pretty good.

I didn't like that it's so obvious that the writer is American. I kept forgetting the book takes place in England (or Scotland?) because the English characters don't talk like any other English characters I've ever read - they talk like Americans. By contrast, the Harry Potter books occasionally had me thinking with a British accent.

But, again, it's fanfic. By that standard he did a really good job. I do hope he's not working on more James Potter books though. He's clearly a talented writer and his time would be better spent on something of his own creation.