YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)
This topic is about Heist Society
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Heist Society series by Ally Carter - Reading "Heist Society" from October 13th 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 172 (172 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Heist Society (Heist Society #1) by Ally Carter

When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre…to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria…to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own—scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving “the life” for a normal life proves harder than she’d expected.

Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring Kat back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has a good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat’s dad needs her help.

For Kat, there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family's history--and, with any luck, steal her life back along the way

Riya Can't wait for this! The date definitely works :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Awesome! Glad the date works. Majority excited to start this one. I have had it on my tbr list for ages and ages! :))

Riya Haha nice- I'm excited :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Me too! ;))

message 6: by Pahel (new) - added it

Pahel | 295 comments I'll join in! Wanting to read this for so much time! :D

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Pehel wrote: "I'll join in! Wanting to read this for so much time! :D"

Awesome. Same! :)

message 8: by Riya (last edited Dec 02, 2013 09:52PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Riya Just wondering- is it okay with you guys if we start this on the 4th instead???

Doesn't really matter, I'm just wondering

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Riya wrote: "Just wondering- is it okay with you guys if we start this on the 4th instead???

Doesn't really matter, I'm just wondering"

Tomorrow? I sorry, but I don't think I can. Pls feel free to though and Ill catch up later. :)

message 10: by Riya (new) - rated it 3 stars

Riya Haha nah it's fine! I found a long book to read next rather than the short one I was going to do instead, so I'll wait till the 7th :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Riya wrote: "Haha nah it's fine! I found a long book to read next rather than the short one I was going to do instead, so I'll wait till the 7th :)"

Thanks, Riya! I just am going to busy for the next few days and cannot start it. Sorry!

message 12: by Riya (new) - rated it 3 stars

Riya Haha- that's fine!! I look forward to the 7th!

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Okay, Riya! Me too. :)

message 14: by Riya (new) - rated it 3 stars

Riya So what do you think so far?

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments I like it. Sorry only a few chapters in. This weekend I have had all day dance rehearsals - our showcase is coming up so I haven't had much time. I plan on getting some more read today. What about you? :)

Trinity I loved this series, hope you guys like it!

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Thanks Trinity! Me too! :)

message 18: by Riya (new) - rated it 3 stars

Riya I'm only a couple chapters in too, and it's interesting! I'll probably read a ton more tonight though!

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Hope you enjoy it then! I will try to as well.

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 11% - Am a little confused at the moment, but am enjoying git.

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 24% - I feel like all these characters know so much more than what us readers have been let in on, like when your friends are laughing at inside joke and you're just sitting there like this is awkward...

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 27% - Oh no, what have you gotten yourself into now Kat!

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 45% - Its getting intense! Ahhhh! :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 49% - This is getting exciting. They are (view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments I finished this yesterday and still don't know how I feel about it.... Do we want to buddy read the second book sometime? I have to order it in from the library but hopefully that won't take too long. :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments By the way, what part are you up to? Are you enjoying it? :)

message 27: by Riya (new) - rated it 3 stars

Riya Haha- sorry for totally not replying! My exams are coming up so I got super busy yesterday

And I finished :) It was good- and definitely!!!! I have a copy from a friend, so whenever you get it just let me know!

So what'd you think overall? Have you ever read any Ally Carter books before?

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments That's fine! I know what its like! My exams finished only last week.

Okay. I know. I really enjoyed it though the characters were little to aloof for my liking and the ending had me sooo confused. Okay. I am going to put in on hold from the library now. It shouldn't be too long. I'll let you know when I get it. If I take too long feel free to start without me and I'll post my thoughts when I get it!

Nah, I haven't read any of her books before. I bought myself the first Gallagher Girls books, well what I thought was the first one, which ended up being the fourth one so I will buy the real first one soon. Have you read any of her work? If not, do you want to read the series together? :)

message 29: by Riya (new) - rated it 3 stars

Riya :)

And yeah- I feel like the characters need to be developed a bit more. I didn't really have strong emotions about any of them. And the plot was interesting enough, although not extremely intense. And awesome! I have other books, so I'll just wait :)

I have read the Gallagher Girls books and highly recommend them! I reread them a bunch though- so if I can reread them while you read them for the first time maybe? :) They're significantly better than this book (not saying this book is bad though)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Yeah, they did. Same! Exactly. Did you pick up (view spoiler)

Thanks. Only if you don't mind waiting!

Awesome! I will definitely be reading them then. Thanks for recommending them! :)

message 31: by Riya (new) - rated it 3 stars

Riya Hopefully the next few books will work on that then!!! (view spoiler)

And I don't mind waiting at all! Besides, buddy reads are more fun anyways :)

No problem- you'll seriously love them!!

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Yeah that what I thought, but the blurb says its a new mystery. (view spoiler)

Thanks Riya. Yeah, I think so too. I really enjoy buddy reading.

I sure hope so. I might ask for it for xmas then. :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Hey Sarah or Abbie! Can you pls move this discussion into the series to read group - I have no idea how to do that and Riya and I are were planning o reading the sequel! :) Ta.

P.S. I already changed the title so all is good! :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Never mind guys, figure out how to do it! :)

message 35: by Riya (new) - rated it 3 stars

Riya Interesting (view spoiler)

No problem- super excited! Buddy reads are actually the best :)

And haha, it'd be a great present :P

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Yeah (view spoiler)

I know, right!? Me too.

It would be! :)

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) Can I join for book 2 please?

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sure, Brooke! We will start very soon. My book came in at the library today Riya so hopefully I will be able to pick it up today or tomorrow.

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Yeah. I have my copy of Uncommon Criminals! Now do you guys want to start tomorrow? Or Tuesday? (I have my dance concert on Monday so I want get a chance then) :)

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) Could we start Tuesday? I'm going to be real busy till then and I have to finish a few other buddy reads.

message 41: by Riya (new) - rated it 3 stars

Riya I totally agree Rachel!

Awesome! Do you guys wanna start Uncommon Criminals on Tuesday then- it doesn't really matter to me :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments @Brooke That's fine!

@Riya That sounds perfect. Tuesday it is! :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter

Katarina Bishop has worn a lot of labels in her short life. Friend. Niece. Daughter. Thief. But for the last two months she’s simply been known as the girl who ran the crew that robbed the greatest museum in the world. That’s why Kat isn’t surprised when she’s asked to steal the infamous Cleopatra Emerald so it can be returned to its rightful owners.

There are only three problems. First, the gem hasn’t been seen in public in thirty years. Second, since the fall of the Egyptian empire and the suicide of Cleopatra, no one who holds the emerald keeps it for long, and in Kat’s world, history almost always repeats itself. But it’s the third problem that makes Kat’s crew the most nervous and that is simply… the emerald is cursed.

Kat might be in way over her head, but she’s not going down without a fight. After all she has her best friend—the gorgeous Hale—and the rest of her crew with her as they chase the Cleopatra around the globe, dodging curses, realizing that the same tricks and cons her family has used for centuries are useless this time.

Which means, this time, Katarina Bishop is making up her own rules.

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments I'm really excited to read this. I want more of Hale and Kat and the Bagshaws! :)

message 45: by Riya (last edited Dec 14, 2013 02:27PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Riya EXCITED! I read the first Heist Society book a few years ago (so I didn't remember it, thus I reread it here), and I've been meaning to read this one for AGES! Can't wait for Tuesday :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Yay! You'll finally get to read the sequel then. I have been meaning to read any of Ally Carter's work for ages now and now I have I love it. I want to read more! :)

message 47: by Riya (new) - rated it 3 stars

Riya I know right! Super looking forward to it :) And yeah- I read the Gallagher Girls already, which just makes me want to read this even more!! I'm gonna be sad when I finish the series though, cause then i've read all her YA books

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Me too. Really excited! :) So are there going to be more Gallagher Girls book being published? And what else has AlLly Carter written that you've read? :P

message 49: by Riya (new) - rated it 3 stars

Riya It's gonna be AWESOME!
And nah- there are 6 and that's all of them. The last one came out this year, and it was fantastic!
Other than Gallagher Girls and this book I haven't read any others of hers. She's only done 2 other books, and those aren't YA ones so they didn't interest me.

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments I know!
Was it? I really need to get a move on start the series soon. Oh okay. I'll check them out anyway. :)

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Uncommon Criminals (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ally Carter (other topics)