Start by marking “Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)” as Want to Read:
Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)

Uncommon Criminals

(Heist Society #2)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  41,569 ratings  ·  2,374 reviews
Katarina Bishop has worn a lot of labels in her short life. Friend. Niece. Daughter. Thief. But for the last two months she’s simply been known as the girl who ran the crew that robbed the greatest museum in the world. That’s why Kat isn’t surprised when she’s asked to steal the infamous Cleopatra Emerald so it can be returned to its rightful owners.

There are only three p
Published June 21st 2011 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Uncommon Criminals, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers... (view spoiler)
Epicallyagirl
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  41,569 ratings  ·  2,374 reviews

Start your review of Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
Anne
This was my very first audiobook!
I'd never found a reason to listen to a book (rather than read it) because it just takes so much longer to finish. Also, I noticed that most people who love audiobooks tend to have a commute, and I'm never in a car (without kids) long enough to listen to anything.
So, no reason for audio books.
But.
I started exercising...because flab happens.
And for a while, it was fun with Richard.

description

Eventually, however, I moved on to an aerobic walking video. Because I'm cool like
Sophia
Jan 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who like spy and mystery novels with a teenage twist
I haven't read the book yet, obviously, but I know that this is going to be a good one. All of Ally Carter's YA books ave been a success and I'm sure this will be too. The only thing I will be disappointed with if she doesn't have is some kissing with Hale and Kat, I mean, it's soooooo obvious that they like each other...

*EDIT* The cover is gorgeous!!!

*EDIT* Reading the synopsis just makes me more excited, and I'm about to die of anticipation!!!
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
If there was ever a Young Adult book written almost exclusively for actual young adults, it’s Uncommon Criminals. In fact, with its light tone, overly simplified plot, short chapters, third person narrative and extremely subtle romance, it is at times more appropriate for younger young adults or even middle grade readers and should be judged/rated as such.

After successfully stealing (back) four paintings from the seemingly impenetrable Henley museum and returning them to their rightful owners,
Nic
Jun 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
For a bit of W.W. Hale eye candy go to http://irresistiblereads.blogspot.com...

Rating: 4.5

Favourite Quote: Luck is a strange thing in the life of any thief and halfway decent con man. What is it that keeps the mark from counting the till or the guards from looking up at precisely the wrong moment? Kat had learned at a very young age that luck is for the amateur, the lazy---those who are unprepared and unskilled. And yet she also knew that luck, like most things, cannot be truly missed until it i
Norah Una Sumner

I'm reading the reviews for this book and all I can say is that I definitely agree with many of you who said that this book is truly a YA book intended for young adults. I wish I read it when I was 14 or 15 because I would've adored it. It's light, fun and overall cute. Of course, sometimes we get a bit of drama-llama situations and questionable choices made by our interesting characters but overall, this entire trilogy is entertaining. Hale is cute, though, I love him.
C.B. Cook
HOLY COW. I didn't know it was possible for me to like a book more than Heist Society... and then BAM. Book #2... was crazy good. Those were some awesome plot twists, and to be honest, I think this was even better than the first book... if that's possible. I'm going to start making a list of the names Kat guesses for Hale's first name... Basically, LOVED IT!!!!

Update: After reading this and the first book, I now have an official list of the names Kat has guessed for Hale, along with whether he d
Nonie
Jun 20, 2011 rated it liked it
There was no way I couldn't like this book even if I tried. Ally Carter wrote in everything I look for in a good heist story: the loyal crew for the hero (or in this case, heroine), plot twists at every turn, crazy mysterious villains, and of course, the seemingly impossible heist that the crew needs to pull off by the end of the story.

I would say that Uncommon Criminals is the blockbuster, popcorn novel for YA for this summer as Super 8 is this summer's blockbuster movie for Hollywood- sort of
Melannie :)
Feb 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhh. Where do I begin?
I remember reading Heist Society a loooong time ago, I remember listening to the audiobook of it quite a few times,
I remember loving this series. I just didn't rememmber HOW MUCH.

I loved this book! I was so surprised and pleased to discovered it is as good as the first one, plus more adventures,
more truths, even more lies, and oh so many incredibly kick-butt action!

The characters! Gosh the characters! I didn't recall them being this awesome!
they were all SO CLEVER, SO SM
Daiane
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
“Love is the biggest con of all”

This sequel is really better. I could totally picture the world and loved Carte's way of making the characters look like good badass people. They are thieves who have no unbelievable tech, guns or really dangerous people behind them and still made the book enjoyable. I liked how they were conning and robbing in a classic and elegant way and still were the good guy. And how sly they were.

The writing was really easy and pleasant but the romance...

“Kat felt her hear
Erin
I honestly thought that I would like this better than Heist Society, but the ending failed so miserably that I am left feeling nothing but disappointment. The ingredients for a fun, intelligent read were there, but they were wasted. Overall, the story was distractingly unrealistic, the characters were bland, and the ending was poorly put together.

First, let's talk about the novel as a whole. I am echoing myself from my review of the first book, but really? I'm supposed to believe these kids are
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

Listen to my Heist Society fanmix in 8tracks and see the tracklist here.

Not as good as the first one, but that was still an enjoyable read.
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
Hmmmm. I didn't love this one as much as I loved Heist Society. Maybe because there wasn't much plot in my opinion? Until the crew arrives in Monte Carlo there are a few key scenes but most of the time is spent on Kat thinking she has it all cover all by herself and totally secluding her crew + not listening to anyone when they try to give her advice. Of course, she learns and grows throughout the novel, but I really struggled with being 100% supportive of Kat during the whole book.

My favorite
rachel ☾

I wish I had more to say about this book. This is my third Ally Carter book (I've read Heist Society and I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You) and so far I've found all her books kind of meh. But with the promise of teen art thieves, heists, cons, action, espionage, cursed jewels, ancient Egypt and Hale, I couldn't resist trying again.

But I almost wish I hadn't bother.

This book was just dull. None of the characters developed in the slightest since we last met them, a
Carla
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series so much! The crew is great!
It feels like a guilty pleasure, because these kinds are so much younger than I am, but those are just really well-written books!
Seesen9
Can’t believe it’s over. I still don’t really get what actually happened but I can’t stop grinning. Who could have seen it coming? It was just so bloody complicated, twins, fake stones, cons, plans for this and that... yet so simple! I wanna be a thief! Very, very much. I’m still not sure about the rating (shocking, I know) but I just adore Kat and W.W. Hale the 5th together (and not so much together) it totally made me blush. Also I will mistaken Paraguay for Uruguay for the rest of my life, th ...more
Alaina
Uncommon Criminals is the second book from the Heist Society. I don't really know how I feel about it.. so many towards the end of this review I will know? Maybe?

Okay, so, this book was meh. Just like the previous book. I don't really know if I want to torture myself with more of these meh books but I haven't made my decision.. yet. Maybe they will get better or worse.. but I wont know until I read them. Maybe I'll flip a coin.

So this book was dull, boring, and again MEH. I still haven't really
Sara (Freadom Library)
Actual rating 4.5 stars

This review was originally posted at https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/

Critically
Plot – 4.5 out of 5 stars
I enjoyed this sequel more than the first book. It was entertaining, fun and full of action. It’s full of suspense and twists and turns that I did not see coming at all. Thankfully, there’s more background information on the character’s and their family’s lives of thieving. This book focuses a lot on family and friendship but it has more of a romance as well.

Writing
Eliza ☽
✭✭✭✬✩ ~ 3.75 Stars

This was really fun and enjoyable, but I'd say I didn't like it *quite* as much as I liked the first book. Just by a smidge.

Kat and her crew are back in Uncommon Criminals, and this time their mission is to steal the Cleopatra Emerald from a man named Oliver Kelly, whose grandfather stole it from an Egyptian tomb. This is the biggest job Kat has ever had: nobody has ever successfully stolen the Cleopatra before. And if that wasn't enough, the Emerald is also supposedly cursed,
Maiven Lee
Feb 15, 2011 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Maiven by: MEE!!
I know its going to be ahmazing! can't wait!! i am seriously getting upset though because i know i will have to wait so long for this book to come out, then i will read in like one day, then i will have to wait forever for the next!! lol oh well ...more
Bianca
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The second book was just as fun as the first. This series is making me want to watch everything from National Treasure to Fools Gold for some reason. I’m here for it though.
Sharanya
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
yay!
Book Concierge
Audiobook performed by Angela Dawe
2.5**

Katarina Bishop is back with her crew of teen-aged thieves. In this second outing they are after the Cleopatra emerald, despite legend that it carries a curse.

There are a lot of twists and turns in this plot, and more than one intricate theft taking place. Not to mention cons and contra-cons. The relationship between Kat and Hale is on a continued slow-burn, but she seems disinterested for most of the book. Or perhaps she’s just so focused on her mission
Reading Relish
Brianna
Pre-reading: Hm, I think I like the Heist cover better, this one seems a little less intense. But it's still nice, love that the model kept her smirk :)

After reading: I really loved this book. I liked the first Heist a lot, but I feel like Ally Carter has improved her writing so much since the last Heist. All the characters in Uncommon Criminals are really wonderful and extremely well fleshed out. I also think Ally Carter's third person prose has gotten a lot better.
Abby
"If it works, it works," Kat told him.
"And if it doesn't?" he asked.
She looked at him. "If it doesn't, then I've heard Monaco has the nicest prisons in all of Europe."
"It does," both Hamish and Angus said in unison.
And with that, it was decided.

gosh I love this crew. the squad goals are just so on point.
Hanna
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
actually i'd give it 4 stars but i just love these characters so damn much i gotta go with the 5 stars ...more
Nitzan Schwarz
Oct 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: to-donate

ORIGINALLY POSTED ON MY BLOG; AFTERWORDS

So, if you read my review of Heist Societyyou probably didn't expect me to pick up book two. I didn't think I'd do that, either. But then, while looking through my local bookstore, I found a hardcover copy of Uncommon Criminals and I just... thought it was so damned pretty#Shallow

I was hoping Uncommon Criminals might actually live to the potential of the awesome idea behind these books, but while it was a better read than the first,
sumayyah
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Rating - 2 Stars (Read with Clean YA Book Club)
____________________________________

As Goodreads suggests, it was ok.

I was really hoping for a change in character from Kat in this book but instead, her character seemed to get all muffled and confused. I really couldn't understand her qualm about wanting her crew to not get hurt because of her plans. In my opinion, a heist crew like theirs that the author loves to stress has been in the 'family business' for years, must be willing to take risks. H
Ann T
The 2nd book in the series. After reading the 1st look less than a month ago I wasn't expecting a lot from this one. However, this one wasn't slow like the first. I think because the characters had already been developed in the 1st book and we knew who they were and what to expect, somewhat. The 2nd book immediately took you right into the heist and kept you there the entire time. There wasn't a lot of breathing room, which I really liked as it kept my interest the entire time. I liked that it a ...more
alittlebitbookish
Jul 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love this book and I love this family sooo much!❤️🥺I have to admit tho.. it took me a little bit to actually get into this one.(and as in a little bit I mean like.. 3 days.) I really enjoyed this book and I will always love this family.❤️ once the Bagshaw brothers came into the picture I was laughing so hard. (It’s never a dull moment with Angus and Hamish🤣) I hard COREEEE ship #Kale and can Simon and Gabrielle just become a couple because... my heart!🥺❤️
Adventures In Boo...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Uncommon criminals: Naomi & Hannah 33 9 Apr 04, 2021 10:41PM
2017 Reading Chal...: Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter 1 12 Mar 03, 2016 09:03PM
Bookreads :): Uncommon Criminals 1 3 Jan 10, 2016 12:08PM
Kat and Hale living together? 7 124 Jan 18, 2015 12:55AM
is there a third book? 10 82 Jul 31, 2013 11:58AM

• Down to the Wire (The Specialists, #2)
  • Two Lies and a Spy (Two Lies and a Spy, #1)
  • Trust Me, I'm Lying (Trust Me, #1)
  • Perfect Cover (The Squad, #1)
  • Also Known As (Also Known As, #1)
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • Model Spy (The Specialists, #1)
  • Fight to the Finish (The Specialists, #5)
  • The Fixer (The Fixer, #1)
  • Trust Me, I'm Trouble (Trust Me, #2)
  • Sealed with a Lie (Two Lies and a Spy, #2)
  • Native Tongue (The Specialists, #4)
  • The Long Game (The Fixer, #2)
  • Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4)
  • Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2)
  • All In (The Naturals, #3)
  • The Winning Element (The Specialists, #3)
See top shelves…
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls, Heist Society, and Embassy Row series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

She encourages you to visit her online at allycarter.com and embassyrowbooks.com.

Heist Society (4 books)
  • Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)
  • Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)
  • Untitled (Heist Society, #4)