Start by marking “Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)” as Want to Read:
Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)

Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society #2)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  38,705 Ratings  ·  2,268 Reviews
Katarina Bishop has worn a lot of labels in her short life. Friend. Niece. Daughter. Thief. But for the last two months she’s simply been known as the girl who ran the crew that robbed the greatest museum in the world. That’s why Kat isn’t surprised when she’s asked to steal the infamous Cleopatra Emerald so it can be returned to its rightful owners.

There are only three p
Published June 21st 2011 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Uncommon Criminals, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Epicallyagirl
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Anne
This was my very first audio book!
I'd never found a reason to listen to a book (rather than read it), because it just takes so much longer to finish. Also, I noticed that most people who love audio books tend to have a commute, and I'm never in a car (without kids) long enough to listen to anything.
So, no reason for audio books.
But.
I started exercising...because flab happens.
And for a while, it was fun with Richard.

description

Eventually, however, I moved on to an aerobic walking video. Because I'm cool li
Sophia
Jan 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who like spy and mystery novels with a teenage twist
I haven't read the book yet, obviously, but I know that this is going to be a good one. All of Ally Carter's YA books ave been a success and I'm sure this will be too. The only thing I will be disappointed with if she doesn't have is some kissing with Hale and Kat, I mean, it's soooooo obvious that they like each other...

*EDIT* The cover is gorgeous!!!

*EDIT* Reading the synopsis just makes me more excited, and I'm about to die of anticipation!!!
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
If there was ever a Young Adult book written almost exclusively for actual young adults, it’s Uncommon Criminals. In fact, with its light tone, overly simplified plot, short chapters, third person narrative and extremely subtle romance, it is at times more appropriate for younger young adults or even middle grade readers and should be judged/rated as such.

After successfully stealing (back) four paintings from the seemingly impenetrable Henley museum and returning them to their rightful owners,
Norah Una Sumner

I'm reading the reviews for this book and all I can say is that I definitely agree with many of you who said that this book is truly a YA book intended for young adults. I wish I read it when I was 14 or 15 because I would've adored it. It's light, fun and overall cute. Of course, sometimes we get a bit of drama-llama situations and questionable choices made by our interesting characters but overall, this entire trilogy is entertaining. Hale is cute, though, I love him.
Nic
Jun 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
For a bit of W.W. Hale eye candy go to http://irresistiblereads.blogspot.com...

Rating: 4.5

Favourite Quote: Luck is a strange thing in the life of any thief and halfway decent con man. What is it that keeps the mark from counting the till or the guards from looking up at precisely the wrong moment? Kat had learned at a very young age that luck is for the amateur, the lazy---those who are unprepared and unskilled. And yet she also knew that luck, like most things, cannot be truly missed until it i
C.B. Cook
HOLY COW. I didn't know it was possible for me to like a book more than Heist Society... and then BAM. Book #2... was crazy good. Those were some awesome plot twists, and to be honest, I think this was even better than the first book... if that's possible. I'm going to start making a list of the names Kat guesses for Hale's first name... Basically, LOVED IT!!!!

Update: After reading this and the first book, I now have an official list of the names Kat has guessed for Hale, along with whether he d
Nonie
Jun 20, 2011 rated it liked it
There was no way I couldn't like this book even if I tried. Ally Carter wrote in everything I look for in a good heist story: the loyal crew for the hero (or in this case, heroine), plot twists at every turn, crazy mysterious villains, and of course, the seemingly impossible heist that the crew needs to pull off by the end of the story.

I would say that Uncommon Criminals is the blockbuster, popcorn novel for YA for this summer as Super 8 is this summer's blockbuster movie for Hollywood- sort of
Melannie :)
Feb 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhh. Where do I begin?
I remember reading Heist Society a loooong time ago, I remember listening to the audiobook of it quite a few times,
I remember loving this series. I just didn't rememmber HOW MUCH.

I loved this book! I was so surprised and pleased to discovered it is as good as the first one, plus more adventures,
more truths, even more lies, and oh so many incredibly kick-butt action!

The characters! Gosh the characters! I didn't recall them being this awesome!
they were all SO CLEVER, SO SM
Daiane
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
“Love is the biggest con of all”

This sequel is really better. I could totally picture the world and loved Carte's way of making the characters look like good badass people. They are thieves who have no unbelievable tech, guns or really dangerous people behind them and still made the book enjoyable. I liked how they were conning and robbing in a classic and elegant way and still were the good guy. And how sly they were.

The writing was really easy and pleasant but the romance...

“Kat felt her hear
Seesen9
Can’t believe it’s over. I still don’t really get what actually happened but I can’t stop grinning. Who could have seen it coming? It was just so bloody complicated, twins, fake stones, cons, plans for this and that... yet so simple! I wanna be a thief! Very, very much. I’m still not sure about the rating (shocking, I know) but I just adore Kat and W.W. Hale the 5th together (and not so much together) it totally made me blush. Also I will mistaken Paraguay for Uruguay for the rest of my life, th ...more
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

Listen to my Heist Society fanmix in 8tracks and see the tracklist here.

Not as good as the first one, but that was still an enjoyable read.
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
Hmmmm. I didn't love this one as much as I loved Heist Society. Maybe because there wasn't much plot in my opinion? Until the crew arrives in Monte Carlo there are a few key scenes but most of the time is spent on Kat thinking she has it all cover all by herself and totally secluding her crew + not listening to anyone when they try to give her advice. Of course, she learns and grows throughout the novel, but I really struggled with being 100% supportive of Kat during the whole book.

My favorite
Erin
I honestly thought that I would like this better than Heist Society, but the ending failed so miserably that I am left feeling nothing but disappointment. The ingredients for a fun, intelligent read were there, but they were wasted. Overall, the story was distractingly unrealistic, the characters were bland, and the ending was poorly put together.

First, let's talk about the novel as a whole. I am echoing myself from my review of the first book, but really? I'm supposed to believe these kids are
rachel • typed truths

I wish I had more to say about this book. This is my third Ally Carter book (I've read Heist Society and I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You) and so far I've found all her books kind of meh. But with the promise of teen art thieves, heists, cons, action, espionage, cursed jewels, ancient Egypt and Hale, I couldn't resist trying again.

But I almost wish I hadn't bother.

This book was just dull. None of the characters developed in the slightest since we last met them, a
Carla
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series so much! The crew is great! Need to read part 3 ASAP!!!
Kiana
Feb 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!!
Shelves: favorites
I am soooo excited for this book to come out!! I have an obsession with the first book(I've read it 9 times) and all of Ally Carter's other books(love the Gallagher Girls Series) which is why I know I will love this one too.Hey, it is already in my favorites shelf! This has been said alot but, the cover does look gorgeous!! I read the first chapters of it and instantaneously fell in love with it. The plot is really creative and I can't wait to read all about it. Kat gets a new client and new job ...more
Kirsty-Marie Jones
More 4.5, but that was sly and HALE.
Alaina Meserole
Uncommon Criminals is the second book from the Heist Society. I don't really know how I feel about it.. so many towards the end of this review I will know? Maybe?

Okay, so, this book was meh. Just like the previous book. I don't really know if I want to torture myself with more of these meh books but I haven't made my decision.. yet. Maybe they will get better or worse.. but I wont know until I read them. Maybe I'll flip a coin.

So this book was dull, boring, and again MEH. I still haven't really
Sara (Freadom Library)
Actual rating 4.5 stars

This review was originally posted at https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/

Critically
Plot – 4.5 out of 5 stars
I enjoyed this sequel more than the first book. It was entertaining, fun and full of action. It’s full of suspense and twists and turns that I did not see coming at all. Thankfully, there’s more background information on the character’s and their family’s lives of thieving. This book focuses a lot on family and friendship but it has more of a romance as well.

Writing
Maiven Lee
Feb 15, 2011 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Maiven by: MEE!!
I know its going to be ahmazing! can't wait!! i am seriously getting upset though because i know i will have to wait so long for this book to come out, then i will read in like one day, then i will have to wait forever for the next!! lol oh well
Brianna
Pre-reading: Hm, I think I like the Heist cover better, this one seems a little less intense. But it's still nice, love that the model kept her smirk :)

After reading: I really loved this book. I liked the first Heist a lot, but I feel like Ally Carter has improved her writing so much since the last Heist. All the characters in Uncommon Criminals are really wonderful and extremely well fleshed out. I also think Ally Carter's third person prose has gotten a lot better.
Hanna
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
actually i'd give it 4 stars but i just love these characters so damn much i gotta go with the 5 stars
Nitzan Schwarz

ORIGINALLY POSTED ON MY BLOG; AFTERWORDS

So, if you read my review of Heist Societyyou probably didn't expect me to pick up book two. I didn't think I'd do that, either. But then, while looking through my local bookstore, I found a hardcover copy of Uncommon Criminals and I just... thought it was so damned pretty#Shallow

I was hoping Uncommon Criminals might actually live to the potential of the awesome idea behind these books, but while it was a better read than the first, it was by no
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
I just love this series! I have been wanting to get back to this series and I finally have. I am not really into the love with the Hale/Kat love angst thing going on but I did enjoy the heist and the cons. It made it for a fast and enjoyable read. I did not see the ending coming and it was hilarious and genius. I am looking forward to reading the next installment in this series.
Olivia (The Candid Cover)
review to come!
Whatchyareading
It took me a long time to buy Ally Carter’s Heist Society because when I walked by it in the bookstore I just saw the big sunglasses and the word society and thought, no, I have too much Gossip Girl in my life as it is. And then I finally looked closer and I freaking loved that book like few others I read last year. When I found out Uncommon Criminals was coming? I did a happy dance of happy happiness. That happy dance was repeated when, in the throes of misery about not finding Demon’s Surrende ...more
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 5/9/916: Ocean's 11 meets Leverage in Ally Carter's Heist Society series!
I finally continued this series after almost four years (even though I loved the first book!) and it was just the book I needed at the moment. I love the heists, the family, the friendship, and I keep cracking up over the job names. Ally Carter's wit and humor is a perfect balance with the seriousness of the heist and solidarity of family. It wasn't a knock out for me but I just love these books.

Review
Ashley
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Rating: 2.5/5
***Minor spoilers***

Since the Henley heist, Kat Bishop has been making recovery missions around the world, returning stolen art to their rightful owners by stealing them herself. While doing this, she hasn't really communicated with the rest of her family or Hale and they've been feeling left out and they're worried for her. One day a woman contacts Kat and says she was contacted by Vicily Romani to have Kat recover the Cleopatra emerald, and that the woman's parents were the ones w
Sarah Gonzalez
Jun 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter is exactly what we always hope sequels will be - even better than the original. While I enjoyed the series opener, Heist Society, I feel like Carter really stepped up her game with this followup effort.

The biggest change is that Carter spends a lot more time investigating and fleshing out the characters in Uncommon Criminals. Kat and Hale in particular are both marvelously fleshed out - we get a better handle on who they are and what their motivations and feelin
Rachel
3.5 STARS FOR "UNCOMMON CRIMINALS BY ALLY CARTER

Again, a simple, fun read for when you're looking for something light. Kat takes an interesting turn in this book, where she's become quite cocky and overly-confident after the successful Henley heist in the first book. She's pulled off missions no one else has been able to at her age, which has left her feeling a bit drunk on that power and a little distant from the rest of her crew. It's also caused tension between Kat and Hale, where they're con
2017 Reading Chal...: Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter 1 11 Mar 03, 2016 09:03PM
Bookreads :): Uncommon Criminals 1 2 Jan 10, 2016 12:08PM
Kat and Hale living together? 7 122 Jan 18, 2015 12:55AM
is there a third book? 10 80 Jul 31, 2013 11:58AM
~Young Adult Enth...: Book 2: Uncommon Criminals 1 7 Jul 30, 2013 11:13PM
where is the emerald now? 3 36 Mar 18, 2013 05:17PM
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • The Body at the Tower (The Agency, #2)
  • The Winning Element (The Specialists, #3)
  • Exile (Aurelia, #2)
  • The Last Little Blue Envelope (Little Blue Envelope, #2)
  • I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • Real Live Boyfriends: Yes. Boyfriends, Plural. If My Life Weren't Complicated, I Wouldn't Be Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #4)
  • Perry's Killer Playlist (Perry & Gobi, #2)
  • Fins Are Forever (Fins, #2)
  • Red Glove (Curse Workers, #2)
  • Den of Thieves (Cat Royal, #3)
  • Front and Center (Dairy Queen, #3)
  • The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire, #2)
  • Just One Wish
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls, Heist Society, and Embassy Row series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

She encourages you to visit her online at allycarter.com and embassyrowbooks.com.
More about Ally Carter

Heist Society (4 books)
  • Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)
  • Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)
  • Untitled (Heist Society, #4)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“I for one like chaos. Chaos looks good on me.” 362 likes
“Every decent con man knows that the simplest truth is more powerful than even the most elaborate lie.” 252 likes