Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) Halfway to the Grave discussion

Bones...

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Yamiresse Hi everybody! I would like recommendations for characters like Bones from the Night Huntress series. I like characters that are strong, determined but also in touch with their emotions. I would prefer a strong heroine as well.NO love triangles!!!! Thanks!

Aline There's is anita blake series from laurie k hammilton...but....tbere is a but...she is good to read just until the book 5... after boom 3 there's a triangle but she's is still really tough but after 5 some people complain that the books changed a lit.
There are the others books from the same author from halfway to the grave that are good too First Drop of Crimson no triangles

I will tell you if I remember something else

Bess I really like this series,but until I just read the first book. And same here I hate love triangle,its NOT NECESSARY.

Yamiresse Aline wrote: "There's is anita blake series from laurie k hammilton...but....tbere is a but...she is good to read just until the book 5... after boom 3 there's a triangle but she's is still really tough but afte..."

Aline wrote: "There's is anita blake series from laurie k hammilton...but....tbere is a but...she is good to read just until the book 5... after boom 3 there's a triangle but she's is still really tough but afte..."

Thanks! I have read First drop of crimson as well. Really enjoyed it.

F.B. Nalini Singh's guild hunter series is good.
Deborah Harkness's discovery of witches is also a good one.

Sarah Oh! Read Deborah Harkness if you haven't already - Her trilogy is the best thing I've read in years, and the last book just came out!

Jill Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampire series is good

message 8: by Erinsie (last edited Jul 21, 2014 01:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erinsie Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series; Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels series and her Edge series; Elizabeth Hunter's Elemental World and also her Irin series. No love triangle. Anita Blake is not a good choice if you're avoiding the love triangle thing.

message 9: by TC (last edited Jul 21, 2014 03:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

TC Manna I just started the 1st book in the trilogy by Deborah Harkness. I listen to books I get on Audible and/or from our library, and this is 25hours of story. Not an easy listen, But not I'm really looking forward to it.

Sarah TC wrote: "I just started the 1st book in the trilogy by Deborah Harkness. I listen to books I get on Audible and/or from our library, and this is 25hours of story. Not an easy listen, But not I'm really loo..."

Hi, TC - I'm curious. I have never listed to an audio book. I'm a very visual learner, and I wondered - when you listen to one that is this long, how do you keep track of characters? Do you keep notes? The older I get, the more I find I have to do that even when I have it right in front of me, lol.

Michelle I second the recommendations for Mercy Thompson series, and Elemental World. I will add to that The Black Swan Series (be still my heart Rammel Hawking!!)... The Tairen Soul Series (oh Rain! Poor poor Rain... love him).... The Mageri Series by Dannika Dark... The Fae Chronicles (Ryder is moody and hot and as alpha as they come).... and the new King Trilogy (books one and two are out). Happy Reading!!!

Sarah Michelle wrote: "I second the recommendations for Mercy Thompson series, and Elemental World. I will add to that The Black Swan Series (be still my heart Rammel Hawking!!)... The Tairen Soul Series (oh Rain! Poor p..."

Several series in your list that I don't know - hooray! I am at the point of "waiting for the next" with every author I follow, so I'm grateful for the suggestions.

message 13: by TC (new) - rated it 5 stars

TC Manna I find I remember whose who easier because the narrator pronounces the names as the author wants them to be pronounced. Sometimes it can get a bit confusing but with any new group of people some names will stick with you from the moment you meet and some people are harder to remember. I have problems with the written word because of meds I take that effect my vision.

JLOluvsbooks&dogs This series is one of my favorites as each book doesn't really leave me hanging like some other series I've read. Patricia Briggs series that was mentioned is one of my other favorites. One I haven't seen yet recommended is Kim Harrison, she has a good series, although the last book or two suddenly came up with the ever present triangle in relationships, which just annoys the heck out of me. Kelley Armstrong has another very good run of books and they all have different characters but all appear in each book, no triangles so far!! :-)

message 15: by Kim (new)

Kim Bones and cat are hard to top. Some series start off good but then go down hill.

Amanda Kim wrote: "Bones and cat are hard to top. Some series start off good but then go down hill."

i agree with that statement. most series tends to go downhill later on. i usually stop half way through a series. but is good to enjoy the first few though.

message 17: by Jody (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jody Kim Harrison's Hollows series is great to me. It has humor and has a mixed bag with witches, pixies, fairies, elves, werewolves, vamps. I really enjoy this series and the last one is coming out soon. Hate to see it go, but it's better than hanging on for the sake of hanging on.

message 18: by Jody (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jody Sarah wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I second the recommendations for Mercy Thompson series, and Elemental World. I will add to that The Black Swan Series (be still my heart Rammel Hawking!!)... The Tairen Soul Series..."

I love the Black Swans also. I like that there is a strong woman and is from a different dimension and that there are some similarities to their current world. And Rammel cracks me up.

message 19: by Eleighna (new) - added it

Eleighna I really enjoy the...

Kate Daniels series... Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6) by Ilona Andrews

Guild Hunter series... Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6) by Nalini Singh

The Fever series... Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning
My absolute favorite... the Immortals After Dark (IAD) series... Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10) by Kresley Cole

JLOluvsbooks&dogs I loved the IAD series! The characters are all so engagingly different in each story yet blend in their various units so well. I really liked Nix in particular and anxiously await her story, which may end up being the last as that makes sense. I am going to download her newest that just came out a few days ago.

message 21: by Eleighna (new) - added it

Eleighna JLOluvsbooks&dogs wrote: "I loved the IAD series! The characters are all so engagingly different in each story yet blend in their various units so well. I really liked Nix in particular and anxiously await her story, which ..."

Have you listened to them in audio yet? The narration is by far the best I have ever listened to, the books literally seem to come to life!

JLOluvsbooks&dogs I have never tried that feature yet, but that is a good thought! I used to listen to books on CD during my long commute, so this may work out as a much cheaper alternative!