Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Specific IR Book Talk > HELP FINDING A BOOK!!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mytoya (new)

Mytoya Garcia (mgarcia488) | 7 comments Ok this is for my authors friends. I have a ebook on my Nook that I can't remember the name but I remember the story line and I need your help to get that name. This is it. These best friends take their wife and girlfriend on a vacation. Ok the first couple is a ex football player and his wife is a omgyn and their trying to have a baby. The other couple the guys owns his own company and his girl friend I can't remember what she does but anyway. The wife and her husband best friend goes out to find his girl friend and engagement ring. But when they get back to the apt the husband and the girlfriend was about to have sex. The wife and her husbands best friend leaves the apt and go to a hotel. The best friend comes to her room and they talk and get drunk. They sleep together. Ok the best friend has always had feeling for her but because she was he wife of his best friend she never went after her. But now he has a chance to have her. They start to date and she finds out shes pregnant and not knowing who the father is. The new man thinks it's his and well do anything for her and the baby. He even told her if it's not his he still will be the father. But her soon to be ex husband believe's the baby is his and he doesn't want to divorce. So he fights her. At the end her husband begged her and ask to give it a year and if she still don't want him then he will sign the papers. So she begs her new man to give her a year because she really don't want him. But if he can't wait she understands. Anyway The boy friend waited for her anyway and she never called emailed nothing. One day he went out on a date and he was drinking and he throw his glass into the wall then turned around fast and bumped into someone and it turned out to be the women he loved and hated. They got into a argument he asked her wheres your husband she said he's dead and she walked out of the restaurant.... That's some of the story line..... SO please does anyone recognize this book if you do lease email me the name of the book or the author!!!

Thank You
Mytoya

message 2: by Jerri (new)

Jerri | 10 comments The author is Zena Wynn and the book is Beyond the breaking Point

message 3: by Mytoya (new)

Mytoya Garcia (mgarcia488) | 7 comments OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! I Have a Nook and sometimes it don't give out the whole name of the book or the author when you download it. I have been going outo of my mind trying to find this on my Nook LOL!!! But I have to email Zena I bought it from one of her sites and I have to redownload this because my Nook did a restart and it's not there anymore shoot.
Again Jerri

message 4: by Anino (new)

Anino  (anino) | 773 comments Mytoya, log onto your Barnesandnoble.com account, and go to your Nook page. Unless you deleted your ebook, it should still be available to download onto your registered device or App.

message 5: by True (last edited Dec 02, 2013 11:39AM) (new)

True | 19 comments I hope you don't mind me using your thread but I am just racking my brain trying to find a book. :/

I read this book in the early 2000's:
I remember a woman (she was Caucasian) who was probably in her first trimester of pregnancy looking for the father of her child. She traveled to his brother's (he is part native american) home to find him. There is one scene I remember a lot is that he gave her a cup of tea. She was hesitant to drink it because she is pregnant. He tells her it is nothing but soothing herbal tea. It wouldn't harm her baby.
This seems to have been more of a murder mystery/suspense sort of book. It wasn't a completely romantic/erotic book. Oh and...:
I also remember later on in the book that they had made love in a tent in the pouring down rain. he commented on how round her stomach was at that point?
I believe he actually went out to find his brother and realized his brother was into some shady stuff.

I believe I read this book around 2001-2003 though. Thanks in advance!

message 6: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
True wrote: "I hope you don't mind me using your thread but I am just racking my brain trying to find a book. :/

I remember a woman (she was Caucasian) who was probably in..."

Hmmm..... I don't know what book you're thinking of, but I hope someone here knows the title. I rarely read novels with pregnant heroines, and I think I need to get out of my comfort zone and start doing so. Good luck!

message 7: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1383 comments True wrote: "I hope you don't mind me using your thread but I am just racking my brain trying to find a book. :/

I remember a woman (she was Caucasian) who was probably in..."

Is it a contemporary or an Historical?

message 8: by True (new)

True | 19 comments It was definitely more contemporary. I vaguely remember the male character knowing how to take care of himself (military maybe? prior military experience?).

message 9: by True (new)

True | 19 comments Hi! Thanks for the good luck wishes. For a long time I wouldn't read about pregnant heroines either. But I picked up a book one day that had one. I wasn't aware that she was prego until chapter two or three. It wasn't that bad. Now I have a shelf on my Nook for prego female characters lol.
✿Michelle✿ wrote: "True wrote: "I hope you don't mind me using your thread but I am just racking my brain trying to find a book. :/

I remember a woman (she was Caucasian) who wa..."

message 10: by Kesha (last edited Mar 09, 2014 06:40PM) (new)

Kesha | 3 comments Hi All! Im looking for a book which plot is somewhat as follows- a pro athlete gets injured during a game and loses his sight... one of his family members hires the daughter of their old housekeeper in order to take care of him ...he also has a gentlemen that comes to help him adjust to his blindness...The two main characters had previously had some kind of relationship in high school but it didn't work out...i know that in one part of the book the female characters old childhood friend becomes a famous country singer... i hope ive given a good description! your help would be greatly appreciated

message 11: by Tamekia (new)

Tamekia | 87 comments Beyond the Breaking Point by Zena Wynn- I believe is what u described:)

message 12: by Nekeeva (new)

Nekeeva (mskeeva) | 12 comments Hello I need help trying to find a book I saw. It was about a 2 female friends one African American and one Caucasian. The Caucasian woman was married and lived on the farm and she got sick and asked the African American woman for a favor...I can't remember if it was to have a baby for them or something like that. That's all I can remember please help. Thanks in advance

message 13: by Genelle (new)

Genelle | 12 comments Nekeeva wrote: "Hello I need help trying to find a book I saw. It was about a 2 female friends one African American and one Caucasian. The Caucasian woman was married and lived on the farm and she got sick and as..."

Hey, Nekeeva. I think that the book thst you're looking for is Promise to Keep by Priscilla Poole Rainwater. The favor was to look after her family and assume her role in tbeir lives after she dies. The heroine does end up getting pregnant. Hope that helps!

message 14: by Genelle (new)

Genelle | 12 comments Kesha wrote: "Hi All! Im looking for a book which plot is somewhat as follows- a pro athlete gets injured during a game and loses his sight... one of his family members hires the daughter of their old housekeepe..."

Hey, Kesha. Your book is His One and Only by Theodora Taylor. It's actually part of her 50 Loving States series. The other books in the collection don't have the same characters but they feature different states. If you liked the book you're referencing you may want to check out the other books. I've read all of them that are out so far and they're all great!

Hope this helps!

message 15: by Nekeeva (new)

Nekeeva (mskeeva) | 12 comments Thanks Genelle.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Genelle wrote: "Kesha wrote: "Hi All! Im looking for a book which plot is somewhat as follows- a pro athlete gets injured during a game and loses his sight... one of his family members hires the daughter of their ..."

Genelle, I got so excited because for the first time I got one of these right. lol

message 17: by Genelle (new)

Genelle | 12 comments Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** wrote: "Genelle wrote: "Kesha wrote: "Hi All! Im looking for a book which plot is somewhat as follows- a pro athlete gets injured during a game and loses his sight... one of his family members hires the da..."

LOL I know the feeling! Just chalk it up to having a LOT of books under your belt. If you give the wrong name at least you give them a book close to what they're looking for. (At least that's what I tell myself to make me feel better! LOL)

message 18: by Fiza (new)

Fiza Hey,

I've been trying to remember this book's title but I think I've read a few books too many as I'm not that successful >.<

The story goes where the heroine is hired to discipline and babysit this rich man's teen daughter. The man and heroine fall in love but teen daughter and ex wife try to separate them. And in the end the teen daughter manages to do so too.

Does this seem familiar to someone?

message 19: by Southern Born (new)

Southern Born | 4 comments Is it the Doctor's Secret Bride?

message 20: by Fiza (new)

Fiza No, it's an older one and the man never married the heroine but I do like the sound of the book you mentioned Twana :)

message 21: by Teinevai (new)

Teinevai | 15 comments Hi Fiza,

I remember reading a book similar to what you described except at the end the guy gets the heroine, can't remember if they get married or not.

message 22: by Fiza (new)

Fiza Teinevai wrote: "Hi Fiza,

I remember reading a book similar to what you described except at the end the guy gets the heroine, can't remember if they get married or not."

Hey Teinevai,

do you happen to know the title of that book?

message 23: by Tamekia (new)

Tamekia | 87 comments Is it Employee Relations by Wynter Daniels? Published 2011

message 24: by Teinevai (new)

Teinevai | 15 comments That's what I was going to say Tamekia. LOL!

message 25: by Fiza (new)

Fiza That's the one!!! Thank you so much Tamekia, you're the best!

message 26: by Tamekia (new)

Tamekia | 87 comments Welcome-glad I could help!!!:)

message 27: by Wandy (new)

Wandy Campbell | 2 comments I can't remember the name of the author or the title of the book. Its about a lady who met a little girl in the store she was shopping for her birthday party and i think the lady had the same birthday as her but she was unable to speak so her father explained to the lady what the little girl was trying to say anyway the little girl wanted the lady to come to her party. The lady said shd couldn't n she started to cry. I think the lady made gift bags of some sort n when she got to the car she wanted to give the little girl one of the bags. Does anyone remember the title or author?

message 28: by Debby (new)

Debby (debbeecakes) | 9 comments It's written by Kaia Bennett

message 29: by Debby (new)

Debby (debbeecakes) | 9 comments Sorry my bad it's broken by Teona Bell.

message 30: by Ladonna (new)

Ladonna Alexander | 2 comments This is my first post in the group and I am looking for a book a friend recommended. I just can't remember the title. The story is about a ww/bm married wanting to have a baby. They find out that she cannot get pregnant so they decide to get a her best friend to be their surrogate. Her best friend is African American. Well a few months into the pregnancy the wife leaves the husband because she no longer wants what he wants. She returns to find that her husband and best friend are now in love and he won't take her back. He devorces her and marries the friend and they have the baby together.

message 31: by Ivory (new)

Ivory (shereadstoo) | 19 comments Ladonna wrote: "This is my first post in the group and I am looking for a book a friend recommended. I just can't remember the title. The story is about a ww/bm married wanting to have a baby. They find out that s..."

Ladonna....Sounds like The Question but the man is not black.

message 32: by Ladonna (new)

Ladonna Alexander | 2 comments Ivory,

Thank you that is the book. I have been looking for months.

message 33: by Bright (new)

Bright Love | 2 comments Hi, I am looking for a book/author. The story is about a wm/bw couple during xmas. They are married I believe and the oman works in a diner and the hubby is a doctor/med student. They both try to buy each other gifts by giving up something they love. there is a hinted secondary couple, an asian med student and the wife's friend.

message 34: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1383 comments Sounds like Priceless (Urban Fairytales) by Lena Matthews

message 35: by Bright (new)

Bright Love | 2 comments Tina wrote: "Sounds like Priceless (Urban Fairytales) by Lena Matthews"

Yes! Thank you so much. I was looking through all of my books for holiday titles and couldn't find it.

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 116 comments Hello everyone ok I have a hard one. Yesterday I started reading this book on my kindle and I swear I thought it was The Perks Of Loving Lincoln by Nia Arthurs now I swear to you when I read the first page it was a girl upset reading mean text from her best friends she was in her room then a guy banged on her door but she wouldn't answer it. She either listen to her voice mail of him or he was yelling at her through the door I can't remember but he was accusing her of sleeping around. I know its crazy but I was like getting into it but wanted to finish my other book first so anyway today I went back clicked on the story in my kindle where I left at and it was a completely different beginning I swear it's strange as hell lol but if any of you think it sounds familiar please let me know... 🤗

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 14 comments I'm stuck in a book rut! Help! What are some of your 5 star IR reads? I've read everything I can get my hands on by Theodora Taylor, Pepper Pace and Billy London. I've read Imani King's works but to me they just fell short of being full stories.

I'm looking for something meaty; a full, engaging, fun story (i.e. Billy London/ Pepper Pace) that I can jump start my book reading with. PLEASE HELP!!! Until then i'll just keep re-reading my favs.

Thanks is advance!

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 116 comments @Jennifer
I just finished Consolation Prize (Forbidden Men, #9) by Linda Kage and it was amazing!!! Part of a series but can be read as a stand alone

message 39: by Justine (last edited May 15, 2018 03:44PM) (new)

Justine | 1244 comments Jennifer wrote: "I'm stuck in a book rut! Help! What are some of your 5 star IR reads? I've read everything I can get my hands on by Theodora Taylor, Pepper Pace and Billy London. I've read Imani King's works but t..."

I reread the following series at least once per year:
Shh...Mine (This. Is. Not. Over., #1) by Shannon Dianne
Forever. (This. Is. Not. Over. #3) by Shannon Dianne
Forever.
Over. by Shannon Dianne
War. (This. Is. Not. Over. Book 4) by Shannon Dianne

message 40: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 14 comments Thank you all so much!!! I’m buying them all!

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Jennifer wrote: "I'm stuck in a book rut! Help! What are some of your 5 star IR reads? I've read everything I can get my hands on by Theodora Taylor, Pepper Pace and Billy London. I've read Imani King's works but t..."

Here are some recent IR's I'd really liked, no one has posted

Expose (Red Rebels MC, #2) by C.D. Breadner - book 2 in this series, but also the only one I've read. I had no problem reading as a standalone. One of my book buddies from this group raved about it, so had to check it out. It is hard to find good IR biker books. Unfortunately think this is the only one in this series with a Black heroine.

Gun Moll series Gun Moll (Gun Moll, #1) by Bethany-Kris Gangster Moll (Gun Moll, #2) by Bethany-Kris Madame Moll (Gun Moll, #3) by Bethany-Kris - I loved mainstream author Bethany-Kris's collab with IR writer Erin Ashley Tanner. I'm a big fan of BK's other mafia books, and was happy to discover a new-to-me IR writer in the process. I loved this heroine, because she was so unrepentantly "that chick". If she had a theme song it would be "No Diggity" by Blackstreet.

Battaglia Mafia Series Destino (Battaglia Mafia #1) by Sienna Mynx Ti Amo (Battaglia Mafia #2) by Sienna Mynx La Sposa (Battaglia Mafia #3) by Sienna Mynx La Famiglia (Battaglia Mafia #4) by Sienna Mynx Rallenti (Battaglia Mafia #4.5) by Sienna Mynx La Dolce Vita (Battaglia Mafia #7) by Sienna Mynx Bella Mafia (Battaglia Mafia Series Book 7) by Sienna Mynx - I'm an anti-hero fan so my go-to books tend to be mafia or biker themed. Sienna Mynx's Battaglia Mafia is my favorite mafia series period, not just favorite IR. I think the first book was a solid, but it becomes more, and more with each installment. The character development is next level, you never know where she is going to lead you. I love being surprised by a book, it doesn't happen a lot.

message 42: by Tippit (new)

Tippit | 97 comments Justine wrote: I reread the following series at least once per year:
Shh...Mine (This. Is. Not. Over., #1) by Shannon Dianne
Forever. (This. Is. Not. Over. #3) by Shannon Dianne
Forever.
Over. by Shannon Dianne
War. (This. Is. Not. Over. Book 4) by Shannon Dianne

I LOVE that series and thought everyone else was sleeping on them! Awesome recommendation!!

message 43: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 14 comments I just bought them all!! Thanks again!

message 44: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 14 comments Thanks for suggesting this to me. I had a great time reading this series!

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ wrote: "@Jennifer
I just finished Consolation Prize (Forbidden Men, #9) by Linda Kage and it was amazing!!! Part of a series but can be read as a stand alone"

message 45: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 14 comments This series was soooooo good!!! I need more!!! Thanks so much for recommending!

Justine wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I'm stuck in a book rut! Help! What are some of your 5 star IR reads? I've read everything I can get my hands on by Theodora Taylor, Pepper Pace and Billy London. I've read Imani K..."

message 46: by Channasl (new)

Channasl | 138 comments There are a couple that I recently read that I enjoyed by Kendra Mei Chailyn Pitbull (Special Forces Operation Alpha) (GSG 9 - CIRO Book 3) by Kendra Mei Chailyn , Barbie (Special Forces Operation Alpha Kindle Worlds Novella; GSG 9 Ciro Book 2) by Kendra Mei Chailyn and Miracle and the Beast (Special Forces Operation Alpha Kindle Worlds Novella; GSG 9 - CIRO Book 1) by Kendra Mei Chailyn , they are part of a series but can be read independently. A light book with some light mob ties is Imari Jade's Swan Song .

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 116 comments Jennifer wrote: "Thanks for suggesting this to me. I had a great time reading this series!

You are so welcome😀

message 48: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1244 comments Jennifer wrote: "This series was soooooo good!!! I need more!!! Thanks so much for recommending!

Justine wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I'm stuck in a book rut! Help! What are some of your 5 star IR reads? I've read eve..."

You can also try the following two. There was supposed to be a third, but the writer seems to have lost her motivation...
Kiss of Ice (St. James Family #1) by Lavender Parker
Kiss of Fire (St. James Family #2) by Lavender Parker

I do reread the Kiss of Fire from time to time.

message 49: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 14 comments Justine wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "This series was soooooo good!!! I need more!!! Thanks so much for recommending!

Justine wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I'm stuck in a book rut! Help! What are some of your 5 star IR rea..."

Thank you! I've added them to my list. I'm currently finishing all of Shannon Dianne's catalog :)

message 50: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 14 comments Hi book friends!

PLEASE HELP! So I'm heading this Friday to Thailand and will have a 20+ hour long flight (lord be with me!). I need some books to queue up for this long loooonnnng flight. Can you give me any suggestions of what I should download tonight/tomorrow? What are your current or all time favorites/5 star reads????

Side note: I love anything Pepper Pace, Sienna Mynx, and Billy London and have read most/all of their catalogs.

« previous 1