Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

10/31: The Butcher's Story
This topic is about 10/31
Questions > How to mark/date as yet unpunlished books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elke (new) - added it

Elke (misspider) | 76 comments Hi, as this book is not yet published, I would like to change the publication date information to "Expected publication:" like here: The Doors of Stone. How can I do that?

message 2: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl Just enter the expected date (year) of publication. As long as it is in the future, the words "expected publication" will appear.

message 3: by Elke (new) - added it

Elke (misspider) | 76 comments Great, thanks! I already tried that but still got "published..." the first time - tried again and now it has changed to "Expected publication". Weird ;)

message 4: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments If you don't add a month or day, the system will assume January 1st, so if you have a book which will be published later in the current year you need to estimate a month as well. (For example, on this book it will say "published" as soon as January 1, 2014 arrives. If it's going to be published in, say, mid-spring you could put it under April 2014.)

message 5: by Elke (new) - added it

Elke (misspider) | 76 comments ok, thanks for that detail. I will make an update as soon as the publisher notifies us.