GOOD REVIEWS discussion

Avid reader looking for books to review

Comments Showing 1-50 of 139 (139 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sally (new)

Sally Wolf (sallyawolf) | 7 comments I read books and give honest reviews. Do you have a book that needs reviewing? Do you have a blog tour that is missing a few stops? Then check out Wolf's Reading Den at Http://sallyawolfreads.blogspot.com Author interviews are also available. sallyawolf[at]gmail[dot]com

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I checked out your blog, but couldn't find your review policies or preferred genres...

message 3: by Paulette (new)

Paulette Harper (pauletteharper) | 6 comments I'd like a review and a blog tour stop in Jan Living Separate Lives

Christian fiction

message 4: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Keefer | 4 comments I would like to have you review both Blood Vengeanceand Coming Homeand would like to do a blog tour stop in the upcoming weeks.

message 5: by Russell (new)

Russell Bittner (russell538) | 18 comments Sally,

The Dead Don't Bitch is FREE at http://amzn.to/1bNu753 today (Wednesday, 11/20) and tomorrow. An honest review of this collection of short stories plus one novella would be most welcome!

Additionally (or alternatively), Girl from Baku (http://amzn.to/12LGqGW) is a personal memoir of lust, loss ... and hope -- and is FREE at Kindle until midnight (PST) tonight.

Thanks, Sally!

Russell

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Sally, my debut novel "Charley" has been out since April and has had over 1,000 downloads. It is a contemporary romance set in Nashville, Tn. Most love affairs begin with a strong physical attraction and this is no exception. However, both Charley and PJ have serious issues to resolve before love can grow from their initial lustful introduction.

Other reviews have said the "story is compelling", "well written and edited", and "is a real page turner".

I would appreciate your review. An eBook copy can be made available should you decide to review the book. Contact me at shelby@shelbyjacobsnovels.com.

message 7: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey Wynne (aubreywynneauthor) | 8 comments Hi Sally,
I have a holiday short that I would love for you to review. It's called Merry Christmas, Henry and is found here or at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GHWQHYS
Let me know what you think and I can send you a kindle or nook copy. Thanks.
thundershill@yahoo.com

message 8: by Jeff (last edited Dec 15, 2013 01:45PM) (new)

Jeff Dawson | 6 comments Good afternoon, I have no specific genre, so I'll just show the covers. If you see something you like send me a message for a copy. Love's True Second Chance by Jeff Dawson Occupation by Jeff Dawson Gateway Pioche by Jeff Dawson Destination D.C. by Jeff Dawson Terror at The Sterling by Jeff Dawson

message 9: by Sally (new)

Sally Wolf (sallyawolf) | 7 comments Sorry I forgot to say
People often asks me what genre I review. To be honest I read any book I can get my hands on. If you are not in a hurry I would be happy to read and review any book.

For further information, feel free to contact me at sallyawolf@gmail.com

message 10: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Boving (nboving) | 6 comments Sally.
"The Warlock" an occult thriller. I'd love you to read it and review. I can send you a mobi file or pdf.

Nick Boving

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a very short book of 3 short stories in ARC form that I'd appreciate a review for: Two Paris Tales Plus One. The first two are told from the POV of young Americans in Paris, the third is about a family confronting issues that can blindside all of us.

I can put it in any file type you prefer for reading, including kindle or nook.

message 12: by Sally (new)

Sally Wolf (sallyawolf) | 7 comments LOL OK OK Slow down! :) I will try and get to you all I had no Idea that I would get this kind of response. If you are not in a hurry then feel free to still contact me I will get back to you when I can. Thank you all so much for your confidence in my reviewing ability.

message 13: by Martha (new)

Martha Gilstrap | 3 comments Sally, if you're open to reading fantasy, I have two books out this year that I could use reviews for:

A Sprig of Adventure -- A little man well over a hundred years old shares the journal of his adventures as he explores his strange and curious world, learning as he goes.

The Slipaway Trail -- The tallgrass is a wild place of hills and ravines, blue sky and freedom. The daughter of a stable owner, Kahpur can do things–without being seen–that other women would never risk, like riding horses. She’s a better rider and knows more about horses than most men, but for a woman riding at all is scandalous. Not even her betrothed knows about it.

If you're interested, please contact me at mverlander@sbcglobal.net.

Sally wrote: "I read books and give honest reviews. Do you have a book that needs reviewing? Do you have a blog tour that is missing a few stops? Then check out Wolf's Reading Den at Http://sallyawolfreads.blogs..."

Sally wrote: "I read books and give honest reviews. Do you have a book that needs reviewing? Do you have a blog tour that is missing a few stops? Then check out Wolf's Reading Den at Http://sallyawolfreads.blogs..."

message 14: by Wareeze (new)

Wareeze Woodson | 18 comments I have a book up for review and a few blogs spots would be great. I write historical romance. Regency in the moment. I emailed you a few days ago.

message 15: by Sally (new)

Sally Wolf (sallyawolf) | 7 comments Please hang in there I will try and get to you as soon as possible. I never new that this would be so crazy. :)

Thanks, Sally

message 16: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Forster (rebeccaforster) | 3 comments Hi Sally, will be checking out your blog. I write thrillers and would love for you to take a look. The Witness Series (Book 6 due out in a few weeks) is the most popular if you would like one of those and one of my favorites is Before Her Eyes, a police thriller with a surreal element. This one was a readers choice on Books & Pals in mystery. Thanks for the consideration. you can see all my books at www.rebeccaforster.com Happy Thanksgiving to all no matter where you live.

message 17: by Regan (new)

Regan Walker (regansromance) | 1 comments Sally,
if you'd like to read/review my Christmas Regency novella, The Twelfth Night Wager, I'd love it. It was just released this month and needs some reviews. Here's the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Twelfth-Night-W.... I can send you any format for an eReader you need.

Regan
The Twelfth Night Wager by Regan Walker

message 18: by James (new)

James More (jlesmore) | 4 comments I am thankful I find a place to go for Thanksgiving feast so I have something good to eat. Although the social economic suppression from big wholesale pigs i.e. Amazon, BN, and others devour my education, experience, talent, craft, literary efforts, and smother my work to do promo for the book, Raise the Flag, when I travel across the USA, ride miles upon miles on bicycle, do many photos, make a photo journals, and camp outside on park benches and picnic tables, eat peanut butter sandwiches without jelly and drink water for several months and my homeless plight has gone on for years like a prison sentence, thanks for white collar robbing me by stealing my royalty with a gauntlet of wholesale tiers and a publisher who fails to raise my royalty fee so to protect my interest. http://www.jamesmorebooks.com/

message 19: by James (new)

James More (jlesmore) | 4 comments I like Amazon selling books but they are robbing me and how many wholesale hogs do I need devouring my retail sales. When I presented Miss Doomsbury, my high school grammar teacher, with a hardbound, Raise the Flag, book with six stories about my hard knocks journey for education leading to writing the stories for Raise the Flag, she asks, how do you do this? She should know. The stories are very difficult to live and write and this takes me a long time and considerable determined effort. Apparently she does not look in the mirror because she is a 40-year teacher and she looks much older too. Be nice if Amazon actually does some promo since they list my book somewhere unknown online for less than bookstore retailers can display and sell my book and they sell my book for less than I can buy and sell my own book for a book signing. They say how they donate to homeless shelters, but I would like to get out of this homeless prison not be buried by a corporation tax deduction so they can force themselves upon me, buy my book for wholesale and undercut the retail market like wholesale hogs and they call this a good Samaritan like Shylock in the Merchant of Venice. "Why should we allow you to earn more than we do when our parents work hard to pay for our educations so we can be envious and jealous of what you do treacherously hold you up, beat you down, and bury you in prison and keep you in a prison of poverty and throw away the key to education. Shut your trap or we will send you home in a body bag." How many wholesale hogs do I need to sell my book? http://www.jamesmorebooks.com/

message 20: by Zrinka (new)

Zrinka Jelic (hadesmaca) | 4 comments Sally, I could use reviews and blog spots for all of my books. I'm trying to get my first book up to 50 reviews. Let me know if interested. Bonded by Crimson by Zrinka Jelic

message 21: by Paul (new)

Paul C. Steffy (pcsbooksonline) | 21 comments FREE book! 12/1 to 12/5 "Let's Fall in Love"

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_...

Reviews accepted. Thank you, Paul

message 22: by Brinn (new)

Brinn Colenda | 10 comments Sherry,
Here is my award winning political-military thriller Cochabamba Conspiracy http://www.amazon.com/Cochabamba-Cons...
I would be delighted to send you a paperback version or you can download the Kindle version as you prefer...
Thank you.
Brinn

message 23: by Peprah (new)

Peprah Boasiako (authorpeprahboasiako) | 11 comments Sally wrote: "I read books and give honest reviews. Do you have a book that needs reviewing? Do you have a blog tour that is missing a few stops? Then check out Wolf's Reading Den at Http://sallyawolfreads.blogs..."

I'd like you to review my new book THE HITMAN: A Short Story. it's available for free download here: www.lulu.com/spotlight/peprahboasiako. Thanks!

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Robins | 18 comments What Happened to Anna? A suspense novel to keep you reading until the end.
What Happened to Anna?

message 25: by Linda (new)

Linda Hamonou | 14 comments Hi Sally,

I would love a book review or/and Author interview.
I have three books available in pdf (other formats from smashwords available as well) for free for reviewers.

"Demon Soul" is about the struggle of a young girl to move on after losing her lover.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

"Demon and Fairy" is about the possibilities of overcoming the negative impact of bullying once you find the right friends.

"Attic Mirror" is about perseverance while facing a challenge.

Of course, these important themes are hidden in fantasy and adventures with strange creatures and diversified places.

You can choose any of them, just let me know if you are interested and I'll send it(them) to you.

message 26: by Steven (new)

Steven Moore | 47 comments Hi Sally,
Any of my 13 ebooks are available for review (see my website), but I've released four new ones this year that need reviews. I gift an ebook via Amazon for an honest review up to an "advertising budget" limit for each book. Let me know if interested.
r/Steve Moore

message 27: by Saf (new)

Saf  (saph95) I have a review blog if anyone is interested in having their book reviewed by me.

Http://originalbooker.blogspot.co.uk

Let me know!

message 28: by Vashti (new)

Vashti Quiroz-Vega (vashtiq) | 7 comments Hello! My name is Vashti Quiroz-Vega. I'd like my first novel "The Basement" reviewed. The Basement: Robbie's Rite Of Passage is a suspense/thriller aimed at pre-teens and teens. It is a fun, easy and quick read. You can read an excerpt of the book here: http://wp.me/p3eYyj-4B

I enjoy reading horror, fantasy/thriller, suspense/thriller. I am willing to review books in those genres. Thank you!

message 29: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Morrison (shelbykmorrison) | 12 comments Hello Sally!

I'm looking for reviewers for my upcoming book, Shattered. It is set to be published in March or April, depending on the editor. I can provide a published or an ARC version. ARC is best, but either way, I would greatly appreciate it. Betas have classified it as Thriller/Mystery with a touch Sci-Fi. Below is the blurb. Let me know if you are interested. Email me on goodreads or through shelby.morrison90@yahoo.com. Thank you so much!

"What would you sacrifice to learn the truth? That is the question Alex Bowen, a headstrong college student from Beaverton, Oregon, must ask herself when she learns her actions are being monitored.

But who's doing the spying? And why?

Thrown from her world of comfort, yet determined to discover the truth, Alex soon finds herself cut off from family and friends and forced to make allies wherever she can find them. With dead ends at every turn, and more than one pursuer closing in, Alex quickly learns that some questions are best left unasked. Now, with her life and sanity on the line, Alex must resist their mind-games, only to expose a secret that will destroy everything she knows."

message 30: by Peprah (new)

Peprah Boasiako (authorpeprahboasiako) | 11 comments Annie wrote: "I have a review blog if anyone is interested in having their book reviewed by me.

Http://originalbooker.blogspot.co.uk

Let me know!"

Hi Annie, I'm Peprah and I'd love to get a review from you. My first book The Hitman is a collection of short stories and is available free here www.lulu.com/spotlight/peprahboasiako. Let me know if you'd like it delivered otherwise. Thanks.
Peprah

THE HITMAN: A Short Story

message 31: by Wareeze (new)

Wareeze Woodson | 18 comments Hey Annie,

I have a Regency romance with a twist of suspense. I would love to have you review my book Conduct Unbecoming of a Gentleman released May 2013. My next book An Enduring Love will be out in 2014, also a historical romance. Let me know if you are interested at wareezewoodson@yahoo.com. I'll send you an ARC copy.

message 32: by Mark (last edited Dec 09, 2013 02:23PM) (new)

Mark Matthews (fantasywriter8) | 2 comments If anyone is interested in reviewing one, or both, of my fantasy novels, please contact me here at Goodreads or at markmatthewsbooks@gmail.com

I will return the favor by reviewing and posting on your work as well. Happy reading....

message 33: by Wareeze (new)

Wareeze Woodson | 18 comments Mark wrote: "If anyone is interested in reviewing one, or both, of my fantasy novels, please contact me here at Goodreads or at markmatthewsbooks@gmail.com

I will return the favor by reviewing and posting on y..."

I'm always up for a review swap. If either of your books rate a 4 or 5. I rarely give a 3 and will not post a review for less. wareezewoodson@yahoo.com

message 34: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Olsen | 1 comments Do you review non-fiction? I have two self help books, one on losing weight and my latest on help for small business owners with Affordable Healthcare act:

This book will be free on Amazon from 12/11 - 12/13

message 35: by Wanda (new)

Wanda Stanley (wnstanley) | 3 comments I write Romance novels with a inspirational twist. I am a lover of love, but I know that all love comes with problems, trials and tribulation. I recently released two books, Sleep Away Innocence and In The Midst of Change. If you would like to review these books, please let me know.

message 36: by Michael (new)

Michael Young (MichaelYoung1964) | 1 comments If you like children's books then you'll love The Dwarfs and The Giant. With illustrations that pop and a storyline to keep you hooked up until the classic ending, you'll want to share this timeless classic with all the little ones and adults as well! Check me out at http://www.lulu.com/shop/michael-youn...

message 37: by Khalid (new)

Khalid (agencyrulespk) Hello Sally and all,

I'd be interested in getting my spy thriller, Agency Rules, reviewed. If you are interested in reviewing, please send me an email at author@agencyrules.com and let me know if you would like the PDF or ePub version.

Agency Rules - Never an Easy Day at the Office

message 38: by Sarahbeth (new)

Sarahbeth Caplin (sbethcaplin) My most recent novel, "Public Displays of Convention," hasn't been reviewed in a while. It's about a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out how to make the most of being single after being dumped by a long-time boyfriend. Inspired partly by Bridget Jones. Link below. Also posting links to my other two books, just in case those seem more interesting: a novel about rape culture and a Christian memoir.

Public Displays of Convention by Sarahbeth Caplin

Someone You Already Know by Sarahbeth Caplin

Confessions of a Prodigal Daughter by Sarahbeth Caplin

message 39: by Wanda (new)

Wanda Stanley (wnstanley) | 3 comments If you have a hard copy of your book and would like a review, please send to p.o. box 581124 Orlando Florida 32858-1124 Attn: wnstanley. Please send a follow email to wnstanley@marvelousmagination.com with the link to your book, any pertinent information needed to post the review.

message 40: by Sarahbeth (new)

Sarahbeth Caplin (sbethcaplin) What about PDFs if money is tight at the moment?

message 41: by Wanda (new)

Wanda Stanley (wnstanley) | 3 comments It will take me longer to read from computer, but it can be done.

message 42: by Dori (new)

Dori Lavelle | 2 comments If anyone is interested, I need a few more reviewers for a blog tour in January, for Entangled Moments, a contemporary romance novella. If you're interested, you can sign up here: http://www.grapevinebooktours.com/201...

message 43: by Peprah (new)

Peprah Boasiako (authorpeprahboasiako) | 11 comments Is anybody interested in reading/reviewing my book, The Hitman: A Short Story. It's a collection of short stories. Please let me know.

It is currently available for free here:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...
And
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/peprahb...

message 44: by Scott (new)

Scott | 14 comments How are you? I have a book that is a must read for anyone who enjoys explosive plotlines, relatable characters and even a moral or two. "Ashes in the Fire Vol. I: Journey of a Dreamer" is a great (if brief) collection of short stories and prose. I put it together in '07 and people from England even purchased a couple copies. Trust me when I tell you you'll love it!

message 45: by C.F. (new)

C.F. Waller Looking 2 swap reviews for my book or books in exchange for yours.

Buzz me here or at cfwaller24@gmail.com

links to my books can be found at cfwaller.com

Free e copies available for review

http://www.amazon.com/Far-Forward-ebo...

http://www.amazon.com/Palindrome-656-...

message 46: by Alan (new)

Alan Brenham (alanjb) | 3 comments Would anyone like to review Price of Justice?
It's available in either pdf or as a free Kindle gift.

message 47: by Alan (new)

Alan Brenham (alanjb) | 3 comments Would anyone like to review Price of Justice?
It's available in either pdf or as a free Kindle gift.

http://www.amazon.com/Price-Justice-A...

message 48: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Thompson (ColoradoBrit) | 5 comments Sally wrote: "I read books and give honest reviews. Do you have a book that needs reviewing? Do you have a blog tour that is missing a few stops? Then check out Wolf's Reading Den at Http://sallyawolfreads.blogs..."

message 49: by Alan (last edited Dec 22, 2013 03:08PM) (new)

Alan Brenham (alanjb) | 3 comments Sandra wrote: "Sally wrote: "I read books and give honest reviews. Do you have a book that needs reviewing? Do you have a blog tour that is missing a few stops? Then check out Wolf's Reading Den at Http://sallyaw..."

I have a crime novel with a dark center that I'd like to have reviewed. You can email me at alan@alanbrenham.com

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Sandra wrote: "Sally wrote: "I read books and give honest reviews. Do you have a book that needs reviewing? Do you have a blog tour that is missing a few stops? Then check out Wolf's Reading Den at Http://sallyaw..."

What type books do you like to read? I have a book free on amazon until 12/24. It is an atypical romance. The characters have some deep rooted issues. If you would like to check it out, I am always hoping for an honest review.(This is a debut novel)Thank you so much for considering reading.
http://www.amazon.com/When-Heart-Lies...

« previous 1 3