The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Team Scavenger Hunt > R6:Team Challenge-Scavenger Hunt Feedback

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Ok, we've got some time before round 7 starts, (hopefully mid January). What would you like to see included there? Tell me anything, but specifically I'd like to get your thoughts on:

Should it be first to get all 40 items or first to 50 points?

Should there be a super bonus week? Should there be more than 1?

What kinds of items would you want to search for?

Would you rather keep the bonus as is or have harder items with no time limit? Or even get rid of the bonus and only have 1 word a week?

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Mmmm good questions Dawn!
I liked having the super bonus, and the fact that we didnt know when it was coming was great! Im up for more.
If we went for all 40 items rather than the points,would it make the game longer, shorter, or the same? Not that I'm worried, it goes so fast anyway.
Do you want us to submit items, as suggestions for next round?

Mexican food was a weird one, although, in having said that, it was surprising what turned up.

I have finally, after playing every round, got the hang of it! I found it really confusing to start with, so I can relate to those new to the game, asking so many questions!
Great work Dawn!

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) 40 items rather than points would have added at least a week this round maybe two. However the Super Bonus makes it shorter.

I am accepting suggestions for items or categories. I have some ideas... but I am not loving them.

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Cool, thanks for that Dawn. I wanted to ask, have you deleted the thread for last round, or archived it, I looked in archives but couldnt find it! I didnt post one of my reviews to the book, and wanted to copy it!

Where to we post suggestions?

message 5: by Sam (new)

Sam (theliteraryhooker) I liked the half points for the bonus this round, but I have to say, I still like the original no-bonus, first-to-find-everything format. But this round definitely felt more like a race to the finish than the last one, so I did like that a lot more :)

I liked the super bonus a lot though, and it was fun not knowing when to expect it!

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) ★¸. • * ° * Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie*°°*•.¸. ♥★ wrote: "Cool, thanks for that Dawn. I wanted to ask, have you deleted the thread for last round, or archived it, I looked in archives but couldnt find it! I didnt post one of my reviews to the book, and w..."

I archived them.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Where to we post suggestions? You can post them here, or PM me.

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Aww!! thank you!!! I couldnt find them at all. Not looking in the right place!

message 8: by Katya (new)

Katya Just a suggestion....maybe some SUPER hard words in an extra points catigory.....so we may not find it but kudos if we do...with things that are very hard and specific.

Like "Heinz Ketchup" or an Einstein quote or something like that.

message 9: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Nov 21, 2013 08:10AM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Katya wrote: "Just a suggestion....maybe some SUPER hard words in an extra points catigory.....so we may not find it but kudos if we do...with things that are very hard and specific.

Like "Heinz Ketchup" or an ..."

I had that thought. It would make it more up to luck if the team gets the bonus point. Or hard work.

message 10: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I have another twist to get thoughts on.

Would you like to do this as an individual challenge, not a team challenge? That way you don't have to worry about letting a team down or having that team member who waits for the last minute.

Or if we continue as a team challenge how about a "non-team players" thread where others could play along and not be on a team.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I am okay either way whether it is the first to get 50 points OR the first team to get all 40 items, I liked the super-bonus. Even though, It got to be a little nerve wracking to wait on others to finish their books, I still prefer the challenge as a team challenge.

The only suggestion I have is to make the bonus items an individual points thing, where there is no time limit and the person picks the bonus item to find but the point is per team member, where we wouldn't wait for the entire team to find the item in order to get a point.

I can't wait to play again! :)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) Though my feeling I've let teams down (sometimes) I still like that it's a team thing. Although it seems I have the worst luck in the world.

message 13: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I love this game and it is really helping me whittle down the TBR with books I otherwise would not have read.

While I understand the problem of letting the team down when real life gets in the way, I prefer the team challenge format - I'm not sure I would keep at it if it were an individual challenge.

I've only played the last couple of round where the first tor each 50 was the cut off. It might be nice to have a first to get all items round so that newcomers can experience this format as well.

Also liked the bonus - it narrowed down choices really well.

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Aww, Alana!
I thought I had bad luck too, but when I looked at the honors roll, Ive been on there three times!! when did that happen!? Not all of us can sit and read all day, and thats just the luck of the draw when teams are put together, but everyone has to make an effort. I hate the thought of letting the team down. I was late posting one week and missed the bonus point. I still flogging myself about it!

I like that this is team challenge, and we need to work together to make it work. There are heaps of individual challenges out there, if we want to do one.

Heinz Ketchup KAT!!! WTH?? I don't think we can be friends anymore!! lol.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) ★¸. • * ° * Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie*°°*•.¸. ♥★ wrote: "Heinz Ketchup KAT!!! WTH?? I don't think we can be friends anymore!! lol. "

Well, I was pretty evil on that one week's worth of words in the Rapid Readers challenge... bulbous, bouffant, macadamia... If you need more 'evil' ideas, Dawn... *muhahahaha* I'm your personal minion of scavenger hunt doom.

message 16: by Sam (new)

Sam (theliteraryhooker) I like the team format for sure. Especially if there's going to be another Rapid Readers Scavenger Hunt at some point, since they're fairly similar challenges. Plus I like getting to know all the different group members :)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Alana!! I think you're heading toward the not my friend pile, faster than Kat!! Thats just plain mean! lol

message 18: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: Well, I was pretty evil on that one week's worth of words in the Rapid Readers challenge... bulbous, bouffant, macadamia... If you need more 'evil' ideas, Dawn... *muhahahaha* I'm your personal minion of scavenger hunt doom. ..."

I thought of that week recently. I finally came ac cross bulbous. LOL

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) Did you sing the song, Dawn?

message 20: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: Well, I was pretty evil on that one week's worth of words in the Rapid Readers challenge... bulbous, bouffant, macadamia... If you need more 'evil' ideas, Dawn... *muha..."

I remember that round everytime I come across Bulbous . Good fun!

message 21: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: "Did you sing the song, Dawn?"

**hangs my head**

Yes.

message 22: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Nov 21, 2013 02:48PM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) Don't hang your head- I LOVE that song! Pretty much anything Dr. Demento put his stamp of approval on is a 'good song' (or skit) in my book!

message 23: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) It may still be stuck in my head.

message 24: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Nov 21, 2013 03:06PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Delmy =^.^= wrote: "The only suggestion I have is to make the bonus items an individual points thing, where there is no time limit and the person picks the bonus item to find but the point is per team member, where we wouldn't wait for the entire team to find the item in order to get a point.
..."

I'm not sure if I get what you are saying.

Is this what you meant:

I post a list of 15 bonus items.
I don't call those items, just the regular ones.
Week 1 a person finds an item off the bonus list and claims it.
Week 2 a different person finds a different item from the bonus list and claims it.

Would it be just one item a week, or one item per person per week or as many as you can find in your book?

I think it has potential.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

One item per person per week, so it would work like a bonus point but it wouldn't be called nor would the entire team have to get that item in order to get that point. Also, now that I think about it, there should be a time limit. Like, that person has a week to claim that item so if they don't, they lose out on getting a point for their team. Then the next week a different player picks an item to claim but they cannot claim the item a previous player has failed to claim.

I hope I make sense now, sorry if I didn't before! :)

message 26: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) It makes sense, just a few more details though.

So only one bonus point per team per week?

Would the whole team have to get an item before the first person got another or could wk1 player 1; wk2 player 2; wk3 player 1; wk4 player 4?

So time limit would only apply to the person getting the bonus all other players could take 2 weeks to post their first book, but the person claiming the bonus must post before the next item is drawn?

When would the team have to announce the attempted item? Would it just be easier to not be able to claim an already claimed item and if you didn't get it then it is still up for grabs.

~~~~~~~~~~

Just for debate sake what if each player could get a bonus half point each week. So if there were 4 players on the team then the team could potentially get 2 bonus points. And the list of bonus items would have to be 40 items as well. Each team member gets to pick what they want for the week from the remaining list. So then it would be first team to get all 80 items. The whole team has to get the 40 normal and at least one person can get the bonus. So each person is looking for 50 items, through out the game.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Ex: week1- player 1--> item claimed= 1 point
week2- player 2 --> item claimed= 1 point
week3- player 3 --> item claimed= 1 point
week4 - player 4 --> item claimed= 1 point
Week 5- player 1 --> item claimed= 1 point
And so on...

The player has until the next item is called to claim, that way the next player doesn't get behind. I thought that items that are failed to be claimed shouldn't get used again as a "punishment" (can't think of what else to call it) for failure to claim.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

"For debate sake"- I like that idea. Whatever you decide I'm sure it will be fun!!
:)

message 29: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) What does everyone else think about only needing one person to get a bonus item?

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) I personally like trying to find the bonus each week (for the whole team)... I mean, you have to read anyway for items each week- sometimes that bonus helps narrow your book choice down. Just my $0.02

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

The reason I mentioned only having one person finding the bonus item at a time was to get points for you time without waiting for others to finish, because what happened was if someone didn't finish on time you only got half points. Also, it really wouldn't get in the way of you picking out a book.

message 32: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) My initial reason for doing the bonus was so that people would finish their books in the week. Round 4 there were teams that were 3-4 weeks behind in claiming the word of the week.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, maybe there should be like a three strikes rule (like in the SOS challenge) if someone is that behind but I also know life gets in the way and so on...I don't know--> my two cents

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

OR how about extra points for teams that claim their items early or at least on time? 1 or 2 extra points or something?

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) Delmy =^.^= wrote: "OR how about extra points for teams that claim their items early or at least on time? 1 or 2 extra points or something?"

*I thought that was the whole 'point' of the bonus item (because it can only be scored if the entire team posted it 'on time')

(I made a punny! Couldn't help myself)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I meant extra points for the regular called items

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

As to my suggestion (I bet I am driving you nuts with my suggestions!) for having only one player claim the bonus items for the entire team, I thought if a player fails to claim their bonus item for the week, their item is still up for grabs by the next player on top of their own pick for the week, would this be too much though? Please feel free to tell me to stop with my suggestions! :D

message 38: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Keep the suggestions coming. I may not be able to put them all into practice but who knows what they might inspire.

message 39: by Marla (last edited Jan 03, 2014 01:21PM) (new)

Marla | 1204 comments I've been doing the Incredible Challenge Factory Scavenger Hunts as 2nd chance challenges. And I'm still stuck on "tire swing" after 9 MONTHS! So I think a Team Challenge would be cool and more social, but what if I have a crazy month and I'm behind on my reading, does that hurt the team? Or can someone cover for me? Not quite sure how this works.

That was also a desperate plea for help...tire swing, anyone? (And I already read To Kill a Mockingbird)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) I vaguely recall a tire swing in this challenge, waaaaay back. On Molly Harper??? Let me think I'll have a look

message 41: by ╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (last edited Jan 03, 2014 01:45PM) (new)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) I lugged my lone bag of groceries up the front steps, only to find a slender redhead in a
black sundress sitting on my front porch swing.
This is from Nice girls dont have fangs,

It depends how fussy the "boss" is! lol Thats the best I can do at this stage. I will check around for you.

message 42: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Marla wrote: "I've been doing the Incredible Challenge Factory Scavenger Hunts as 2nd chance challenges. And I'm still stuck on "tire swing" after 9 MONTHS! So I think a Team Challenge would be cool and more soc..."

The way this challenge is set up you HAVE to read a book a week or you will wind up costing your team a half point. Despite all the talk above I am going to keep the rules the same as last round. Those rules are posted here. It is only half a point and your team could still win with out it if it is only one week.

message 44: by Marla (new)

Marla | 1204 comments Yay!!! Thanks so much! But...I'm not sure I can get the book. I have to read it for it to count. Keep suggestions coming.

Hmmm...ouch, ebook is $4.99 for a short book of poems. Sorry, Kathy, I don't know if I can bear to read it.

What's funny: I drive by TWO tire swings in our neighborhood each day!!!

message 45: by Marla (new)

Marla | 1204 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: " The way this challenge is set up you HAVE to read a book a week or you will wind up costing your team a half point. Despite all the talk above I am going to keep the rules the same as last round. Those rules are posted here. It is only half a point and your team could still win with out it if it is only one week."

Bummer, sometimes I finish 3 books one week and then none the next, cuz I read 4-5 books simultaneously. Maybe I can just play as an individual so I don't hurt a team. :)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Its not an individual game Marla, we rely on our complete team or else we dont get the full points, so no individual players!
Sorry about the book! I didnt look to see what it was, and what a price!
I was sure we had used it, but checked the archives and couldnt find anything at all, maybe it was just porchswing?

message 47: by Marla (new)

Marla | 1204 comments Oh, okay. I will just have to lurk.

Thanks though for the help with my tire swing. I've got swing sets and swinging and tree swings but alas, no tire swing.

message 48: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Marla keep lurking... I hadn't planned to announce it yet but there will be a place for all the "non-team" (for lack of a better term) players to hang out this round.

message 49: by Marla (last edited Jan 04, 2014 11:07PM) (new)

Marla | 1204 comments Sounds good. And I will just work on my Quarterly Scavenger Hunts. :D