The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Team Scavenger Hunt > The Orange Creamsicles***** 2nd place

Comments Showing 1-50 of 437 (437 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Aug 24, 2013 08:29PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Orange-

*Melanie
Mandy
~♥ Kat ♥~
★¸. • * ° * Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie*°°*•.¸. ♥★

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) ...

message 4: by Melanie (last edited Aug 24, 2013 03:44PM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) Hey Team! I'm so excited to be participating in this challenge again. :)

TEAM SPREADSHEET

message 5: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) Hi Team! This is my first time but I'm super excited!!
Looking forward to adding to my TBR pile, and make some new friends.

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) Mandy wrote: "Hi Team! This is my first time but I'm super excited!!
Looking forward to adding to my TBR pile, and make some new friends."

You're going to love this challenge! This is my third time participating and I love it!: :D

message 7: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) BTW, if everyone's okay with it, I'm fine with being captain. :)

message 8: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) Works for me =D
Do we want to change the name? or just be orange?

message 9: by Melanie (last edited Aug 24, 2013 03:43PM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) I'm fine with changing our team name or keeping orange. What do you ladies prefer?

Oh, I just made a spreadsheet for our team: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/c...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

HI everyone!! Kat here I can't wait to start playing this was so much fun the last time I played.

Melanie I'm more then OK with you being captain, as long as everyone is in agreement :)

I'm also cool with keeping the name as is or changing it, The first thing I thought of when I seen I was on team Orange was Orange Creamsicles, that might be a cute team name The Orange Creamsicles...LOL

I used to love eating those when I was a kid

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh I guess I should mention that I'm living in Nova Scotia, Canada and if I remember right from the last round word calls usually happened for me around 10 am my time

message 12: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) Oooooh! I love The Orange Creamsicles for our team name! :)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

It's cute right! :) and now I'm totally craving a creamsicle...lol

message 14: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) It is a cute name. :) LOL! A creamsicle does sound good right now... :-)

message 15: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) Time to get the hubby to run to the commissary for some creamsicles.
Works for me. =D

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Hi ladies. I dont get the notification about what has been called until around midnight, so I wont know until the day after.
Sheila and I organized the last half of our last round for the team we were in. We got everyone looking for the same items each week , just wondered if you want to do that, and take out this game?
I already have a list of books with my words, waiting.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm good with pre-picking the words each week, it actually makes it easier to find books but I'm also fine with just doing the random thing too.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I sent out friend requests to all of you :) I'm really looking forward to this game I think this is going to be an awesome round!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

also is anyone else having trouble getting notifications I haven't gotten a single 1 from this group which is kind of a pain because I have to check directly through GR to see if any of you have posted new comments :( oh well hopefully they will get it fixed soon :)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) The notifications go all over the place on GR, Kat. they can be fine for a while then they all stop. It doesnt pay to rely on them!

message 21: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) ★¸. • * ° * Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie*°°*•.¸. ♥★ wrote: "The notifications go all over the place on GR, Kat. they can be fine for a while then they all stop. It doesnt pay to rely on them!"

I second what Kathy said! Right now my notifications are fine, but they act up occasionally. :(

message 22: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) My notifications are wonky but always have been hit or miss.
Since this is my first time playing I'm game for however you ladies want to do the words.

message 23: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) Last time around, this is what my team did:

The first couple weeks we each just picked whatever we wanted, but then we started to coordinate with each other and pick the same items and/or the ones that would make us get that point. It worked out really well.

I tend to try and get the harder items claimed first, but that isn't always the best strategy, since it's really all about not choosing an item that is going to get called - so really, it's a game of chance. ;)

I think the most important thing is to get the bonus points. Last time around, it was really important to get all/most of the bonus points each week.

message 24: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) So, is everyone in agreement with our team name being "The Orange Creamsicles" and me being captain? If so, I'll let Dawn know. :)

message 25: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) Sounds good.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Go for it Melanie :D

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm good doing the words either way, last round my team just picked randomly but we had a player that had a very rough time figuring the game out so we pretty much just gave up trying to win, I'm hoping we can kick some butt this time around :D

message 28: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) I think we should be able to win. The game sounds simple can't be any worse than finding a book with Pork and Barn in it.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

That was a tricky combo of words and I had to find 2 books cause I covered another player while she was away on vacation :)

message 30: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) I ended up with O and struggled for hours to find one I wanted to read. However this week let me read a book I've had on my TBR for ages.

message 31: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) The first time I played this gane, I was a little nervous because I thought it was going to be tough, but it really is easy and fun. :)

message 32: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) I had K for pork week. I ended up reading a book I had on my Kindle. This week I have A and I'm going to read a review book I have. :) I love that team challenge too. :D

message 33: by ╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (last edited Aug 24, 2013 03:00PM) (new)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) The first couple of weeks just get us started, so Im fine with random pickings. What we did, was check the spreadsheet each week and myself or co-captain, posted the most appropriate items to get us the most points each week. So if two of us needed egg then they looked for that while another two might have needed rain, etc.

message 34: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) ★¸. • * ° * Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie*°°*•.¸. ♥★ wrote: "The first couple of weeks just get us started, so Im fine with random pickings. What we did, was check the spreadsheet each week and myself or co-captain, posted the most appropriate items to get u..."

That's pretty much what my team did last round too. :) Glad we all agree! :D

message 35: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) So ideally the book should have the 2 required plus 3 more?

message 36: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) Yep. For instance, say a "Winter" item is called. You'd then want to claim it, the bonus item called, and a "Spring", "Summer", and "Fall" item.

message 37: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Mandy wrote: "I think we should be able to win. The game sounds simple can't be any worse than finding a book with Pork and Barn in it."

LOL!

message 38: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I added a link to the spread sheet you created to post 2

message 39: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) Thanks Dawn! :)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't wait to start playing, right now I'm going through my TBR pile to see what books have what words, so I know ahead of time what I need to be reading :)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Ive got my list nearly complete too Kat.

message 42: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) I need to stop slacking and make my list. =D

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

most of the words are pretty easy to find, the only words I'm having trouble with is the Mexican Food,Firework and Piano but I still have time so I'll keep looking

message 44: by ╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (last edited Aug 25, 2013 05:48PM) (new)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Mexican food- Someone Like You (Los Lobos, #1) by Susan Mallery Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1) by Abbi Glines

Piano- Dear Rockstar by Emme Rollins

Firework- Eternal Hunger (Mark of the Vampire, #1) by Laura Wright Someone Like You (Los Lobos, #1) by Susan Mallery Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1) by Abbi Glines

I dont have a single book for Native American

message 45: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) How did you ladies pick your books. Do you start with bonus and find 1 from each season? or pick a season and fill in the rest?
I've started but I'm unsure where to start or go.

message 46: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Mandy wrote: "How did you ladies pick your books. Do you start with bonus and find 1 from each season? or pick a season and fill in the rest?
I've started but I'm unsure where to start or go."

I am interested to hear this too. I plan for every other challenge I do but this one is to much to plan for at the begining. I just wait until the word combo is picked then find a book. I have an overwhelming pile of paper backs and a kindle chock full of freebies so I am never at a loss to find something on hand.

Near the end I plan a bit when I only have a few left to find.

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) I keep a book Mandy and Dawn. I search each book for ALL the words, and have them all documented, I use code for my books so I dont have to write the title out each time. Then when a word is called I just go to my book, find it, and cross refference what other words I want to use or need.

[image error]

message 48: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Wow, Kathy you are amazing once again. I can only imagine how long that took to do... But I kinda want to do it. I probably wouldn't stick to it though.

message 49: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) I think I will be making one of these tomorrow morning. Thank you for sharing it looks amazing!

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) As you can see, the code is just the firat letters from the title of the books,the pink bit to the side, which you cant see, is book found in.
It has taken me, what round is this?? five or six? that many rounds to get it properly sorted, so I know where everything is!
I also wrote down the item and page it is on, on another page. But tagging them in the book as well. Trouble with that Ive found, If you dont read the book, then go back to it later, it has all the tags!!
Hope it works for you!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9