The Night Circus The Night Circus discussion

Loved this book, but I don't know why!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah I can't explain it but I found this a beautiful book, I was captured and hated for it to end. But I don't know why, anyone else have this same reaction?

Veronica i loved it too.beautiful imagery.

Ciara Ballintyne I'm afraid not. I liked the concept of this book, but I think it was badly executed. The imagery WAS beautiful, but that's about the only positive thing I could say for it. I think it relied on imagery and atmosphere over actual conflict and characterisation. My opinion, anyway.

☯Emily  Ginder It is a magical book set in a magical world of a circus.

Kylie Yep, me! I was completely sucked into the magic of it all. And I love that the way it was written was like someone whispering the story into your ear, captivating you and pulling you closer, rather than just words on a page.

chvang I liked the design of the book. And the way it took its time with the story

Peter Nothing wrong with a somewhat off beat love story. I suspect one could have a bit of fun with the imagery, and the context of puppet masters. And both breaking free? N'cest pas? After all is that what all romance is about?

Sarah It's so strange how different people have different likes. I don't generally like this, type, whatever that means, of book but did. A friend who I recommended it to because she likes more fantasy didn't care for it that much.

Marcie Harkness Me too, I loved this book. My sister didn't and we usually agree. I loved how it all came full circle. A very magical book!

Colleen Yeah, I know. I'll definitely read more of her books because I thought the writing was beautiful and the storyline intriguing.

Claire Baughman This is one of my favorite books of all time. The strange way it's written coupled with the amazing images, I just fell in love with it.

Ginger One reason I loved it: I felt like I became part of the Circus. Behind the tent flaps and makeup. I was a part of their society, magical and dark.

Sophie Thomson It wasn't the type of book i usually like, but i loved it!!!! It was amazing!!

Azizi I wish that the love story would not have been so cliche

hodges Okay. I liked this book for a few reasons. The first, of course, being the way it was written, because there are few things better than beautiful writing and Morgenstern makes even the simplest sentences extremely elegant. Secondly, I adored the setting. The Night Circus is all I want my life to be. Thirdly, the characters. I am madly in love with Marco. Same for Celia. I can't even take the two of them together, they're perfect. Poppet and Widget make me scream happily. Tsukiko makes me mad and happy and sad. And everyone is so human, the things they do seem so real, which is particularly striking against the circus background. The all experience anger, and jealousy. Some are driven mad by the illusions. Some fall pray to petty disagreements. And everyone is so wonderful. Ah, I've been ranting. But this is a truly lovely book.

message 16: by Tina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina I wasn't sure if I was going to like it when I picked up this book, but I quickly fell in love with the magic of it. I loved the idea of a magic circus. I wanted it to be real! It was beautiful and kept me entertained. I've been recommending it to all my reader friends.