What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Naming (The Books of Pellinor, #1)
This topic is about The Naming
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Story with a powerful mage girl and a harp. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hugeisno1 (last edited Nov 19, 2013 08:50AM) (new)

Hugeisno1 | 3 comments I can't recall much from the book. Not a single name at all. Some scenes I do So

Warning SPOILERS ARE PRESENT

even if I don't know for what book, these are some pretty serious plot devises and twists in the book, handle with care ( though for what I know not)
Though I do know that the main character starts off as a women in some Warlord's household, she's a servant whom some of the other are afraid of because they think she's a witch. She escapes with the help of a stranger on night and they travel to a city(one of the Girl's main goals was to learn to read and write). I recall the went through a cave and that she preformed her first 'true magic' at the end there.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Wow that's a lot of hints Hugeisno1. Sadly, I don't recognize it. However, I do have one question for you--when did you read this?

message 3: by Hugeisno1 (new)

Hugeisno1 | 3 comments About 6 years ago, It's a fantasy story.

Jessica | 103 comments The Naming / The Gift?
I'm reading this one at the moment, so I don't know if it fits your description completely, but the first part seems right.

message 5: by Hugeisno1 (new)

Hugeisno1 | 3 comments Jessica you are a Goddess, Thank you that was it. That was the name that eluded me so! Enjoy it, It's a great read.