Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

If I Had You (de Piaget, #2; de Piaget/MacLeod, #7)
This topic is about If I Had You
Archived: Series Reads > If I Had You (De Piaget #2) by Lynn Kurland (Start Date: February 10, 2014) [Kurland's Two Series Combo: De Piaget & The MacLeods]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Feb 14, 2014 11:22AM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

Artane...a majestic keep on the edge of the sea.

Artane...the foster home of Anne of Fenwyck and the legacy of Robin de Piaget.

Warring had kept Robin far from home for so long, Anne had all but given up hope he would ever return. But now Robin has returned to Artane--to the enchanting young woman who leaves him breathless with longing ... and to a treachery that places them both in terrible danger. Then as the past threatens their future, he realizes that he wants nothing more than to have her--forever...
❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿

There are several different ways to approach these intertwining series (Kurland's Two Series: De Piaget & The MacLeods). We have decided to go by this one, suggested by
The Window Seat: List of Books (Under spoiler to save space.)
(view spoiler)
We are continuing this series in February. This one is a combination of Medieval Romances and Time Travel. (Some books will not have the Time Travel element.)

Please join us, or just stop in and say, "Hi!" or tell us which cover you prefer. But...

Expect Spoilers!

Please be aware that #1-Another Chance to Dream {Rhys and Gwen's story} and #2-If I Had You {Robin and Anne's story} can be found together as a 2:1 in A Time for Love.

Participants
Anne
Lauren
~Leslie~
Lisa Kay
Susan (susayq)
Nichole
Judy
Karen L

Chapter Breakdown

Date Chapters PPDQs*
February 10 Prologue - Chp.6 Lisa Kay
February 11 Chp.07 - 15 Susan (susayq)
February 12 Chp.16 - 22 ~Leslie~
February 13 Chp.23 - 29 Judy
February 14 Chp.30 - Epilogue Lisa Kay (two days into one)

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments I'm excited to continue with Robin's story!

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Me, too!

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments I'm glad you're excited, LK!!

message 6: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I can't wait to read Robin's story!

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments I'm definitely ready to start this one next week!

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Ditto! I'm ready for a Romance. I've had a non-fiction and a couple mysteries. I need my fix. LOL!

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments I'm reading Harry Dresden #4 right now, and I'm mixing in a little Jill Shalvis to lighten the mood. I'll be ready for some lovely historical romance that's sweet!

message 10: by Nichole (last edited Feb 08, 2014 10:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nichole | 512 comments I'll be joining you! But I will be a little behind. I have to read 2 team challenge books first. I'm looking forward to this one though!

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yay, Nichole!

message 12: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy I didn't finish the first book, but since I'm in a much better mood now- I'd like to join this one.

message 13: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Super, Judy!

message 14: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments How does this look, ladies?

Chapter Breakdown

Date Chapters PPDQs*
February 10 Prologue - Chp.6 Lisa Kay
February 11 Chp.07 - 15 ??
February 12 Chp.16 - 22 ??
February 13 Chp.23 - 29 ??
February 14 Chp.30 - 37 ??
February 15 Chp.38 - Epilogue ??

message 15: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments That works for me. I'll take the second set of questions.

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments I'll do the third set of questions. I'll start as soon as I finish off Harry!

message 17: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy I've already started this and really like it so far. I'll take the 4th set of questions.

message 18: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Feb 10, 2014 08:33PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Lisa Kay’s Questions for If I Had You “Buddy Read”: Prologue – Chapter Six

1. I was worried at the start of the Prologue – as I had a lump in my throat for little Anne of Fenwyck. (All but non-existent medical care back then – ugh! Makes me want to take a time-machine back and fit her leg and her pain.) Luckily, I’ve gotten over it – mostly – and I’m enjoying this one more than the first. You?

2. Robin of Artane seems set to – sometimes – deny and struggle with his feelings for Anne. Alas, they can’t all be written as Rhys. **sigh** Loved Robin’s interactions with his brother, Nicholas, though. Especially with regards to Anne. LOL! I guess the real question is, “Will we discovery his true paternity in this book?”

3. What do you think of Anne’s relationship with her father, Geoffrey? My heart ached for Anne overhearing her father and Rhys talking in Rhys’ solar. Rhys is certainly more of a father-figure. Comments.

4. I was getting a little confused with Anne’s “home.” But I get it now; it is the home of her heart: Artane. Comments.

5. Man-oh-man! That Baldwin is a piece of work. Who do you worry about more, him or Edith? Or are they equally bad? What does Edith want more, Robin or Artane?

6. Now that we’re getting to know them a bit, of all the De Piaget’s off-spring, whose story are you looking for the most?

7. Oh! What did you think of Robin and Anne’s reunion! I wanted to knock their heads together. And then THAT KISS! What?! Me thinks Nick is pushing Robin’s button – Big Time – as only a brother can. Comments.

message 19: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I'm meeting with my tax guy tomorrow, so I may be late replying to your responses - and reading tomorrow's section. And I have a sewing class on Wednesday. But, I'll get there. Eventually.

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Just finished my Harry Dresden book and glory of glories - we have a snow day tomorrow!! Yes, in Louisiana - crazy weather!! I will be able to read to my heart's content tomorrow.

message 21: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yay for snow days - and good books to read during them. LOL!

message 22: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Leslie, your snow day is cold and rainy down in south Louisiana lol I was really hoping we'd be off today too. I have papers to grade before Friday and I keep putting off. But let's be honest, if I had the day off, I'd read and not grade LOL

message 23: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Susan's answers to Lisa Kay’s Questions for If I Had You “Buddy Read”: Prologue – Chapter Six

1. I was worried at the start of the Prologue – as I had a lump in my throat for little Anne of Fenwyck. (All but non-existent medical care back then – ugh! Makes me want to take a time-machine back and fit her leg and her pain.) Luckily, I’ve gotten over it – mostly – and I’m enjoying this one more than the first. You?I did feel horrible for little Anne. I'm surprised Rhys allowed Baldwin to treat her so blindly as often as he did. I don't know that I like this more than the first. I'd say equal.

2. Robin of Artane seems set to – sometimes – deny and struggle with his feelings for Anne. Alas, they can’t all be written as Rhys. **sigh** Loved Robin’s interactions with his brother, Nicholas, though. Especially with regards to Anne. LOL! I guess the real question is, “Will we discovery his true paternity in this book?”I do love Nicholas and Robin together. Nicky is kind of stealing the spotlight for me lol and YES!!! I'm dying to know paternity!! Robin and Nicholas are starting to look alike. I need to know!

3. What do you think of Anne’s relationship with her father, Geoffrey? My heart ached for Anne overhearing her father and Rhys talking in Rhys’ solar. Rhys is certainly more of a father-figure. Comments.shame on Geoffrey.

4. I was getting a little confused with Anne’s “home.” But I get it now; it is the home of her heart: Artane. Comments.I she thinks of Artane as her home. Honestly, why shouldn't she? She's spent most of her life there and her dad remarried and didn't bring her home.

5. Man-oh-man! That Baldwin is a piece of work. Who do you worry about more, him or Edith? Or are they equally bad? What does Edith want more, Robin or Artane?I'm more concerned about Edith. She's sneaky. I think she wants Artane Moore than she wants Robin.

6. Now that we’re getting to know them a bit, of all the De Piaget’s off-spring, whose story are you looking for the most?Nicholas

7. Oh! What did you think of Robin and Anne’s reunion! I wanted to knock their heads together. And then THAT KISS! What?! Me thinks Nick is pushing Robin’s button – Big Time – as only a brother can. Comments.Robin and Anne are driving me a little crazy. I do think Nick is doing what he's doing on purpose to get Robin to make a move.

message 24: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy 1. I was worried at the start of the Prologue – as I had a lump in my throat for little Anne of Fenwyck. (All but non-existent medical care back then – ugh! Makes me want to take a time-machine back and fit her leg and her pain.) Luckily, I’ve gotten over it – mostly – and I’m enjoying this one more than the first. You?

I didn't finish the first book, but I think that was because of the mood I was in rather than the book. I have liked this one so far, and glad I decided to read it.

2. Robin of Artane seems set to – sometimes – deny and struggle with his feelings for Anne. Alas, they can’t all be written as Rhys. **sigh** Loved Robin’s interactions with his brother, Nicholas, though. Especially with regards to Anne. LOL! I guess the real question is, “Will we discovery his true paternity in this book?”

I'm quite a bit ahead with my reading, so I'll save my comments for later.

3. What do you think of Anne’s relationship with her father, Geoffrey? My heart ached for Anne overhearing her father and Rhys talking in Rhys’ solar. Rhys is certainly more of a father-figure. Comments.

I believe Rhys has been much more a father to Anne than Geoffrey.

4. I was getting a little confused with Anne’s “home.” But I get it now; it is the home of her heart: Artane. Comments.

I think Anne looks at Artane as home because that is where she has been happiest.

5. Man-oh-man! That Baldwin is a piece of work. Who do you worry about more, him or Edith? Or are they equally bad? What does Edith want more, Robin or Artane?

I think Edith is more concerning because she is smarter than Baldwin. Baldwin can be pretty dangerous though, because he acts without thinking and is ruled by emotions. I think Edith wants Artane and Robin is just a means get it.

6. Now that we’re getting to know them a bit, of all the De Piaget’s off-spring, whose story are you looking for the most?

I want to read Nicholas' story. (I don't think I've read it before, and if I did I don't remember it!)

7. Oh! What did you think of Robin and Anne’s reunion! I wanted to knock their heads together. And then THAT KISS! What?! Me thinks Nick is pushing Robin’s button – Big Time – as only a brother can. Comments.

The reunion was interesting, but it showed how awkward they feel about each other. I love Nicholas, and I think he is just trying to give Robin a push.

message 25: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments @ Susan

#1 – Yes, how did that get past Rhys?

#2 – LMBO!

#4 – True. Very true.

#5 – I think you’re right.

#7 – Yeah, what’s a brother for? LOL!

message 26: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments @ Judy

#2 – Oh! You’re as bad as Nick. LOL!

#5 – Good point! She’s definitely smarter. I agree with you about Robin being a means to her ends.

#7 – Yes, Robin & Anne haven’t worked it out yet, that’s for sure, even in their own brains.

message 27: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Alas, here I am on GRs instead of gathering the rest of my info for the tax guy. Ugh. It is like pulling teeth. But, I'll be glad when it is done.

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Lisa Kay’s Questions for If I Had You “Buddy Read”: Prologue – Chapter Six

1. I was worried at the start of the Prologue – as I had a lump in my throat for little Anne of Fenwyck. (All but non-existent medical care back then – ugh! Makes me want to take a time-machine back and fit her leg and her pain.) Luckily, I’ve gotten over it – mostly – and I’m enjoying this one more than the first. You? I don't seem to respond the same way to stuff like this. It didn't really affect me one way or another, except that it was just part of the story. I feel like I'm missing some empathy gene!

2. Robin of Artane seems set to – sometimes – deny and struggle with his feelings for Anne. Alas, they can’t all be written as Rhys. **sigh** Loved Robin’s interactions with his brother, Nicholas, though. Especially with regards to Anne. LOL! I guess the real question is, “Will we discovery his true paternity in this book?”Love the interaction between Nicholas and Robin. I want to wack Robin over the head so I totally understand why Nick wants to.

3. What do you think of Anne’s relationship with her father, Geoffrey? My heart ached for Anne overhearing her father and Rhys talking in Rhys’ solar. Rhys is certainly more of a father-figure. Comments. Geoffrey is an ass.

4. I was getting a little confused with Anne’s “home.” But I get it now; it is the home of her heart: Artane. Comments. I want to go to Artane. I love how it sounds.

5. Man-oh-man! That Baldwin is a piece of work. Who do you worry about more, him or Edith? Or are they equally bad? What does Edith want more, Robin or Artane?They are creepy, scary bad. I don't like either one of them.

6. Now that we’re getting to know them a bit, of all the De Piaget’s off-spring, whose story are you looking for the most? I remember enjoying them all, but I like Amanda's.

7. Oh! What did you think of Robin and Anne’s reunion! I wanted to knock their heads together. And then THAT KISS! What?! Me thinks Nick is pushing Robin’s button – Big Time – as only a brother can. Comments. Good for Nick! Maybe it will help Anne get over her low self esteem issues over how she looks. But this rings so true - with 3 daughters - how one perceives one's looks as a teenager carries over until adulthood.

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments And of course, there is no weather to speak of!

message 30: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments @ ~Leslie~

#1 – FOFLMBO!

#2 – **hee hee** True.

#3 – Again, true. LOL! You’re making me laugh a lot this morning, ~Leslie~!

#4 – I know! It is, like, my dream castle.

#6 – I remember enjoying Amanda’s. It stuck in my brain, too.

#7 – Good point; maybe it will!

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments LK, you know I live to make you laugh. I feel like my day now has fulfilled it's purpose!

And Ugh, taxes. I feel good if I've pulled you away from that! My husband has to do that soon so he can then do the FAFSA for our kids(which is for financial aid). He is not looking forward to it. I've been watching episode 6 of Downton Abbey and now Olympics!! What a good day off.

message 32: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **hee hee* You've made my day, too, ~Leslie~. Now, if you'd just go to the appointment, I'd be ecstatic.

message 33: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Hahaha Leslie, no empathy gene :)

I'm in the middle of ch 14 I needed a break from grading writing. I think I was too generous grading the first class's papers. *sigh*

message 34: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Meant to say, I'll be back in a bit with questions lol

message 35: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Susan's questions for ch 6-15

8. Robin has a ring for Anne! Did that surprise you as much as it did me?

9. Maude, Edith and Baldwin. Creepsters Extraordinaire. Maude didn't follow directions and suffered consequences. What do you think Edith will do to her? What do you think of Baldwin's reaction?

10. Why wouldn't Anne tell anyone of her suspicions about someone harming her? Thank heaven Robin figured it out.

11. Is Robin's stiffness toward getting on your nerves? I kind of wanted to tAke the mail head thing and attack him with it for his treatment of Anne.

message 36: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'm a little more than halfway and have to say how much I like robins squire, Jason, and his crush on Isabelle. How is it Isabelle doesn't have a book?

message 37: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy I finished this last evening - it was my reward for doing the housecleaning yesterday :) So I may not answer some of the questions until later

Lisa Kay- Hope you got good news at the tax man!

I was surprised about the ring, and how much thought he put into it

9. Maude, Edith and Baldwin. Creepsters Extraordinaire. Maude didn't follow directions and suffered consequences. What do you think Edith will do to her? What do you think of Baldwin's reaction?

I'll comment later

10. Why wouldn't Anne tell anyone of her suspicions about someone harming her? Thank heaven Robin figured it out.

I think Anne was so unsure about Robin's feelings for her, that she didn't want to tell him. Also, I think she was trying to appear as strong instead of weak in front of him.

11. Is Robin's stiffness toward getting on your nerves? I kind of wanted to tAke the mail head thing and attack him with it for his treatment of Anne.

I thought Robin's behavior toward Anne was pretty stiff throughout the book- I did want to smack him upside his head a few times.

Susan- Isabelle does get a book- it's a new release Dreams of Lilacs that comes out April 29

message 38: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Ohhhh, Dreams of Lilacs by Lynn Kurland is an amnesia book! I LOVE those. My guilty pleasure.

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Sorry I've been MIA. Shreveport had an ice storm and we've been without power for 24 hours. It's been a little crazy! But I did finish the book, in the dark huddled under 14 blankets. Thank God for my android tablet!
I will post questions for Chapter 16-22 soon.

Here are my answers to your questions, Susan(susayq).

8. I was pretty surprised, but it's nice to see how much he loves her. He hides his heart so well. I remember thinking in the first book that all the confusion over his father would affect him and it has.

9.Those three are just seriously nasty. Maude is nuts and the other two are evil.

10. Yes, Robin's thickheadedness drives me crazy, but I still like him so much. He's so real. And Anne seems able to handle him.

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Questions for Chapters 16-22

12. What a surprising twist! Are you surprised with how Robin decides to keep Anne safe? And are you surprised at how Nick reacts?

13. Hopefully being locked together in a room will get these two stubborn people talking. Do you have any hope for them at this point?

14. Robin is very slowly opening up to Anne. He was so traumatized by what happened to him that it has colored all his actions with Anne since then. Why do you think he was so affected?

15. What do you think of Nick's ideas for how Rob should woo her? Do you like to be wooed? I just like the sound of the word "woo". Makes me happy to say it! Do you think he does a good job of "wooing" her?

message 41: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Judy, thanks for the info! I wondered where her book was :)

message 42: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Susan's answers to Leslie's questions

12. What a surprising twist! Are you surprised with how Robin decides to keep Anne safe? And are you surprised at how Nick reacts?it was a twist! I am surprised by nicks reaction. Does he really love her?

13. Hopefully being locked together in a room will get these two stubborn people talking. Do you have any hope for them at this point? not really lol

14. Robin is very slowly opening up to Anne. He was so traumatized by what happened to him that it has colored all his actions with Anne since then. Why do you think he was so affected? I'm guessing it was his pride. Since he was always trying to impress Rhys, he didn't want anyone to know about this. It made him try harder.

15. What do you think of Nick's ideas for how Rob should woo her? Do you like to be wooed? I just like the sound of the word "woo". Makes me happy to say it! Do you think he does a good job of "wooing" her? I think he's doing a good job. If only he could be nicer all the time. I like the word woo also :)

message 43: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Feb 12, 2014 05:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Susan’s Questions & Lisa Kay’s Answers for Chapters 6-15

Oh, yes. It definitely surprised me. And it is a pretty significant stone, too. I can understand why he didn’t tell Nick; he’d tease him mercilessly; not that he isn’t already!

Very creepy creepsters. Edith is so complex. She didn’t want Maude beaten, but she got her point across to Maude that she’d kill her quick, instead.

Hmmm… I not sure, especially after Stephen’s death. She definitely should have spoken up then. Maybe she was still in a state of shock, or maybe she couldn’t see herself as the center of attention – even if it was a murderous one. Or maybe she really believed the wine could have been meant for someone else. Points for Robin! Although, I felt sorry for Sir Richard being sent to the dungeon. Still, a loosened mace head could have injured anyone, so that was a terrible plan.

11. Is Robin's stiffness toward getting on your nerves? I kind of wanted to take the mail head thing and attack him with it for his treatment of Anne.
Yes! These two are something else. I couldn’t believe Robin didn’t help her up there before she started to crawl. He sure wasn’t thinking about how much he might have knocked the wind out of her sails. Idiot. Points taken away.

message 44: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments @ Judy

#10 – You’re probably right.

message 45: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments @ ~Leslie~

#8 – Yeah, he’s a little too good at hiding his heart. But you have a point about his confusion over his father.

#9 – True.

message 46: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Feb 12, 2014 05:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I wanted to post before I run off to sewing class. I'll try and catch up and get to ~Leslie~'s questions later tonight, after I get back.

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments I forgot to answer #10. Anne is so used to keeping everything to herself. So it didn't really surprise me that she kept her suspicions to herself. Plus it sounds so crazy. I wouldn't be in any great hurry to tell someone that I thought I was being targeted. Most people would try and talk you out of your feelings. I'm happy that Robin saw it so quickly. He gets points there.

message 48: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I wanted to post before I ran off to sewing class. I'll try and catch up and get to ~Leslie~'s questions later tonight, after I get back."

Sewing class?What do they teach you?
You don't seem like the sewing kind :D

message 49: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Good point, ~Leslie~. It is in line with her character.

message 50: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy Judy's answers to Leslie's questions

Questions for Chapters 16-22

12. What a surprising twist! Are you surprised with how Robin decides to keep Anne safe? And are you surprised at how Nick reacts?

I was surprised at his method to keep her safe. I wasn't surprised by Nick's reaction, but I thought he was thinking it would end badly for Anne's reputation.

13. Hopefully being locked together in a room will get these two stubborn people talking. Do you have any hope for them at this point?

I think it took a long time for them to trust each other enough to actually talk about things.

14. Robin is very slowly opening up to Anne. He was so traumatized by what happened to him that it has colored all his actions with Anne since then. Why do you think he was so affected?

I agree with Susan, I think it was Robin's pride that got in the way. Although I think he was a product of his time and believed that his honor and ability to defend those he loved are important to him.

15. What do you think of Nick's ideas for how Rob should woo her? Do you like to be wooed? I just like the sound of the word "woo". Makes me happy to say it! Do you think he does a good job of "wooing" her?

Woo! Woo! LOL! I think Nick had some good suggestions in the wooing department, but Robin needs to approach it in his own way, otherwise it won't feel real to Anne.

« previous 1