Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Having a Bad Day, Need Fun Recs

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maddy (new)

Maddy Barone (maddybarone) | 74 comments I need a good laugh. I have the flu and I'm feeling kind of down. Can anyone recommend a book that has some laughs in it to perk me up? I like all kinds of paranormal/Sci-fi/fantasy. I've read Charley Davidson (love those!) Ideas anyone?

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (phonebooklady) The Accidental Werewolf (Accidentally Friends, #1) by Dakota Cassidy

I thought this series was funny. I did think the first half of the first book was never going to end, then it got good.

message 3: by Netanella (new)

Netanella | 38 comments Eve Langlais' series are pretty funny, and they're also pretty steamy. Her writing makes me smile!

I like her futuristic romance series Alien Abduction and her paranormal romance series Furry United Coalition. First books in series are below:

Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction, #1) by Eve Langlais Bunny and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #1) by Eve Langlais

message 4: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 451 comments Have you read anything by Shelly Laurenston/G.A. Aiken? Funny OTT shifters and lots of sexytimes.

The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1) by G.A. Aiken

message 5: by Maddy (new)

Maddy Barone (maddybarone) | 74 comments Thank you, everyone for your recs! Some of those I've read and some I haven't. I love finding new good books to read. I may have to put off much reading for a little while, since I have unfortunately moved into the throwing up portion of the show. Blech. I hate being sick.

Keep the recs coming. I think I'll be staying home tomorrow, with more time to read. Meanwhile, I will be re-reading The Accidental Werewolf, and possibly buying Bunny and the Bear.

Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy)  | 137 comments Suzanne Wright's Phoenix Pack and Here Be Sexist Vampires series were pretty funny to me:
Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright Here Be Sexist Vampires (Deep In Your Veins, #1) by Suzanne Wright

Thea Harrison's Elder Races series (well, at least Dragon Bound, which is the only one I've had a chance to read) is also pretty great.

And while I haven't had a whole lot of luck with her books, Milly Taiden is also supposedly funny.

message 7: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda I agree, Ninab. I was surprised with the Here Be Sexist Vampire book which is different from Suzanne Wright's Phoenix Pack series. Love them both.

message 8: by Maddy (new)

Maddy Barone (maddybarone) | 74 comments Wow, so many great recs! I was wrong about the Accidental Werewolf; it's not one I've read before, and I'm enjoying it.

message 9: by Komal (new)

Komal | 162 comments Feel better Maddy.

A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1) by Kevin Hearne Gentlemen Prefer Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #1) by Jill Myles

message 10: by Rox (last edited Nov 16, 2013 11:05PM) (new)

Rox | 69 comments Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy) wrote: "Suzanne Wright's Phoenix Pack and Here Be Sexist Vampires series were pretty funny to me:
Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright Here Be Sexist Vampires (Deep In Your Veins, #1) by Suzanne Wright

I loved here be sexist vampire , I laughed a lot reading it ,but sadly nobody paid attention to it when I posted it :)

message 11: by Maddy (new)

Maddy Barone (maddybarone) | 74 comments Thank you! I finished up the Accidental Werewolf. It was cute, easy reading, which is what I need. I think (fingers crossed) I'm done throwing up. I think I'll try Here Be Sexist Vampires this afternoon.

message 12: by Maddy (new)

Maddy Barone (maddybarone) | 74 comments Thank you, all. I finished up The Accidental Werewolf, and enjoyed it. It was a quick, not too serious read, which is just want I need. I think I'll try Here Be Sexist Vampires next.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments The Weird Girls series by Cecy Robson is not only good, unique and fun but hilarious as well. I highly recommend this series!!

The Weird Girls (Weird Girls, #0.5) by Cecy Robson Sealed with a Curse (Weird Girls, #1) by Cecy Robson A Cursed Embrace (Weird Girls, #2) by Cecy Robson

Plus a new novella is out in December (it is awesome!!) and the third book will be out in January!

Also this series is pretty fun too and one I have falling in love with as well.

In a Fix (In a Fix, #1) by Linda Grimes Quick Fix (In a Fix, #2) by Linda Grimes

message 14: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Try Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series and it's companion (and YA) series Etiquette & Espionage and Curtsies & Conspiracies

While I don't have the flu, I do have a migraine right now (well, I'm coming "off" a migraine.) So you have my whole hearted sympathy.

message 15: by Caressa (new)

Caressa Brandenburg | 3 comments I love all the series Laurann Dohner is writing! sexy funny and interesting. I have never had to skim or skip parts!