Start by marking “The Weird Girls (Weird Girls, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Weird Girls (Weird Girls, #0.5)

The Weird Girls (Weird Girls 0.5)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  879 Ratings  ·  121 Reviews
Celia Wird and her three sisters are just like other 20-something girls—with one tiny exception: they're products of a backfired curse that has given each of them unique powers that make them, well, a little weird…

The Wird sisters are different from every race on earth—human and supernatural. When human society is no longer an option for them, they move in among the reside
Published December 4th 2012 by Penguin Group (USA)

To ask other readers questions about The Weird Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Weird Girls

Emmy
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT! So excited about this new and exciting series from Cecy Robson! This novella did not disappoint and I can't wait to read more about the Weird Girls.

Full review to come...

I knew I was going to love this. I knew, even before finishing the first chapter, that this novella from the quirky and charming Cecy Robson was going to be unique and witty.

The Wird sisters consist of four very different women. Celia is the "lead" sister. I say lead because not only is this series told from her point
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas
Prequel novella for new series.

The action junkie is happy! It starts with a fight in the girls room of a bar and keeps going until the end. I like the shapeshifting Celia a lot. She is strong, but her strength sets her apart from everyone else, making her lonely too. She is fiercely protective of her sisters and I love that aspect. A lot of books have relationships between men and women, but not as many positive relationships between women. While they may not always agree, these girls love each
Kristin  (MyBookishWays Reviews)
You may also read my review here: http://www.mybookishways.com/2012/10/...

The Wird Sisters; Emma, Shayna, Taran, and Celia, have been traveling the states as visiting nurses and after discovering the beauty of the Lake Tahoe area have decided to make it their more permanent home. As they celebrate at a local club, the plans to have a few drinks and maybe even a few dances with the table full of cute guys nearby is blown out of the water when they’re attacked by a witch bent on destruction. Actua
Iris (Paranormal Cravings Book Reviews)
Wow and I thought I had a strange family! I have to say The Wird Girls was for me a little hard to get in because I had a little bit of a problem keeping the sisters separated. But when it started to flow a little better and I learned to keep the girls separated. I was Hooked!

This Novella The Wird Girls is a great introduction to Cecy Robson’s new Weird Girls Series. You get a good introduction to the Wird Sisters; Celia, Shayna, Taran, and Emma. Their realistic characters, powers, collectively
Kait Ballenger
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this novella! It's an all around fabulous read. Celia and her sisters are characters you will instantly fall in love with. The Weird Girls novella is full of laugh out loud humor and moments that touch your heart (if a book can touch me enough to make me cry on the characters' behalf, it's a keeper, and this novella did just that!). Great plot twists, a narrative voice that will keep you completely intrigued, and an excellent story arc. Can't wait to read Sealed with a Curse!
Joe Canzano
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The characters are cool and entertaining, and the story is fast and well written. There's a lot of action combined with a good sense of emotion. Also, the first chapter of the full series is included - and it's really great. So check it out. You won't be disappointed.
Kate SeRine
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Loved this novella! Robson did a fabulous job introducing us to the characters and setting up the series. Can't wait to read the novel!
SheLove2Read
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I finished this around midnight, so it was too late to leave a review for this sleepy old lady. Again, I really liked Celia and the girls. They've now landed in Tahoe after spending a few years traveling across country as traveling nurses, looking for a home to land in. They love Tahoe, but shortly after closing on a house and going out to celebrate, trouble finds them once again in the form of a too-big-for-her-britches witch.

I really relate to Celia, being the oldest of four. She takes on the
Marcela (BookaholicCat)
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

The Weird Girls is the prequel novella of the new series Weird Girls by Cecy Robson.

The Wird sisters (Celia, Emma, Shayna and Taran) are not your normal neighborhood girls; they are the offspring of a cursed couple. Their mother was cursed by her own sister for marrying outside their race. This curse not only made their parents died young but also gave the girls supernatural powers; that wasn’t their aunt intention, it was more the result of the curse going wrong.

Having special powers ha
She-Wolf Reads
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
The plot of this novella is straightforward – four sisters with unusual (understatement) abilities are in the midst of settling into their new Lake Tahoe home when, on a night out to celebrate, one of the sisters, Taran, to be exact, pisses off a witch. And then all hell breaks lose. This is a wonderfully imaginative, action packed story that sets up what looks to be a great new urban fantasy series by debut author, Cecy Robson.

From the start, what I loved about this story was its tone. The Weir
Julie
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

The Weird Girls – A Novella is an introduction to Cecy Robson’s new upcoming Weird Girls series. As prequels go, this one really did a good job introducing us to the main characters and to the gist of the series.

The series revolves around Celia and her three sisters, all of whom have some special abilities. They were victims of a curse-gone-wrong when they were younger and now are dealing with the consequences. Each girl has her own ability that is comp
Melliane
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I was so impatient to discover the Cecy Robson’s books since I found the summary of her first novel on a blog. And this novella is perfect for that; it introduces us to the story of the four sisters Wird. Yes, it’s true, there are four main characters here. I don't think I ever read a book with so many characters except the sisters of the moon and I confess that I wondered how the author would manage to feature them all. I think it is a big challenge to jugg
Home. Love. Books.
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
To read this review and others like it check out my site at www.ufreviews.com

I like these preview novellas, they give great insight into what the next books are going to be like. There are a cheap and easy way for prospective readers to try out characters before a series really starts. And in my experience with preview novellas, they have never let me down and always gets me super psyched about the upcoming books, and this novella was no different.

The pacing in the novella was really good, and
Jenese (Readers Confession)
This novella, Weird Girls is completely action packed. It has 4 sisters whom are nurses that were cursed upon birth. Each sister has different powers but they just really yearn to be NORMAL. Will that happen anytime soon, ahhh, NO!!

The novella is told in the POV of the oldest, most protective sister, Celia. Her ability allows her to shift into a tigress, which I love! Most weres or shifters are usually wolves, a tigress sounds like much more fun! :-P She's a total badass, partly because of her t
Bunjee
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this read! The challenges and conflicts surrounding the sisters with the witches were original and at times a little twisted (in a good way). I also enjoyed the dialog and humor and the ability for the author to turn things dark. This was a very fast-paced story and I was thoroughly entertained all along the way.
The sisters are each unique and interesting and they all seem to have some cool abilities. Celia tells the story from her perspective and is funny, and tough, and loyal
Yolanda Sfetsos
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, kindle
The night the Wird sisters decide to celebrate finding a nice place to settle within the Lake Tahoe region, they get caught in a fight with a crazy bitch--ah, I mean witch--who viciously attacks them before setting her coven against the Wird girls.

I really enjoyed the introduction to the four Wird sisters, and can see a lot of magical trouble waiting on the horizon.

I'm really glad I've got the first book on pre-order. :)
Valerie Yoder-specht
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful short read that I HIGHLY suggest. It's the introduction to the Weird Girls Novels that I am now a fan of. It had laughs, chicks kicking ass and a story that sucked me in and made me forget for a little while. I enjoyed it and I hope you do too.
Mel
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
What a pleasant surprise this novella was. The Weird Girls is a prequel novella in debut author, Cecy Robson's, fascinating, funny, and unique new urban fantasy world. I can't wait to dive in to book one, Sealed With a Curse.
Melissa Hayden
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
The four sisters are celebrating finally finding a place to call home since leaving New Jersey two years ago. Such a place found in Lake Tahoe. Somehow trouble and men find the girls, yet Celia is feared at a glance as human's realize instinctively there's a predator inside, with fighting and upsetting one witch by breaking her power talisman. After a phone call Celia makes to her paranormal expert friend, she learns with one witch comes a whole coven, now with their eyes out waiting for them to ...more
Jalisa
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
To sum it up: unique story and characters, well written and action packed. If you like UF, read it.

What makes the Weird Girls so weird is that they can't be categorized--they are not witches, weres, or fire-breathers; they aren't knife-throwers. They certainly aren't gypsies. They're the product of leftover curse mojo and they're just looking for a little normalcy.

As traveling nurses, the sisters have seen a lot of America, but when they see the Lake Tahoe area, they fall in love. They buy a co
Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the supernatural and girl power!
Being weird was never this dangerous!

In Cecy Robson's debut novel we're introduced to the Wird sisters, four young women with individual supernatural abilities bestowed upon them in the form of a curse. After trying and failing to blend into society, they venture to Lake Tahoe, where supernaturals are the region's main residents. The Wird sisters love to have a good time and soon one highly anticipated night out on the town turns into a supernatural battle when the sisters get into a scuffle wit
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Review also posted at Under The Covers Book Blog

“Mark my words, Ms. Robson will make her name known with this
great UF series.” ~Under the Covers

The Weird Girls is an amazing prequel to a new series. This new and upcoming author knows how to deliver suspense, humor, action and it’s a surprise that she is just coming out with a novella/novel now. Mark my words, Ms. Robson will make her name known in no time with this
great UF series.

Celia, Taran, Shayna and Emme Wird’s parents were cursed and th
Kendal
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love it when I find another really good series and The Weird Girls is definitely going to be a good supernatural series. This is a fairly short novella to introduce Celia, Taran, Shayna, and Emme and to establish them as fun, unique characters. It gives the reader a nice glimpse of what is to come once the sisters have settled into their new Lake Tahoe home.

Each sister has her own distinct personality and unique power. Ms. Robson created a tight bond with the sisters. They are extremely loyal
Traci (Mad Hatter Reads)
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Wird sisters, Celia, Taran, Shayna, and Emme are nurses who have been cursed with a little something extra. After being sent to Lake Tahoe as visiting nurses, the girls decide to settle down and purchase a house. During a night out, the girls get embroiled in a confrontation with the local coven. Determined to protect her sisters, Celia invokes the Ninth Law and must fight the leader of the coven on her own. If she wins, the girls will be able stay in Lake Tahoe but this fight might not stop ...more
Suzan
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal fans
Recommended to Suzan by: Lee @ she wolf reads
This was a great introduction to the new series and I can't wait for Cecy Robson's debut novel to be released! I love the sisters, they are so different from each other but so close and tight-knit. They'd do anything for each other and just want a home of their own where they can settle in and not have to keep moving.In this novella they take a stand for just that! The novella is written from the perspsctive of the oldest sister Celia, who is very protective of her sisters and challenges the hea ...more
Ryan Snyder
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was so much longer than I was expecting and it was good. I mean, REALLY good. It was almost as good as the actual book, itself. haha. I am getting a little out of line here. I loved how we got to know each of the girls and I love how we really got to know all of Celia's fears, emotions, and what is really important to her. It helped solidify her as a strong character in my mind. Plus she was, you know, TOTALLY BADASS in this novella. I loved every moment. Even the harsh ones. It was so GOOD ...more
Talk Supe
Nov 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
This novella doesn't mince worse nor does it tease us with prophecies and what-not. If any, THE WEIRD GIRLS is a very good preview of what's to come. This novella might be an introduction of sorts but it's packed with all the goodies: action, magic, sisterhood and lots of Gore. That fight scene alone with the newt alone got my skin crawling with disgust and I loved it!

Full review to follow at www.talkingsupe.com
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Loved it! The women are entertaining & strong. Can't wait for the 1st book. This author shows me her series will be fun & eventful.

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure
Fangdangled
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this little book reads like a full length novel, on steroids! It does much more than just set up the series; it is an awesome stand alone story that is one wild ride. I was hooked on like the second page and amazed at the gamut of emotions I experienced in just a short amount of time.
Christie Sanders
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this a good bit. Reminds me a little of Darynda Jones' books. Characters are really good and dialogue funny. Like the way the sisters interact with each other. Bought the first full novel in series immediately after reading the novella.
  • Blooded (Jessica McClain, #0.5)
  • Chained by Darkness (The Sensor, #2.5)
  • The Secret Guide to Dating Monsters (Secret McQueen, #0.5)
  • Semi-Human (Harper Hall Investigations, #2)
  • Grimm Consequences (Transplanted Tales, #1.5)
  • Leashing the Tempest (Arcadia Bell, #2.5)
  • Elysian Fields (Sentinels of New Orleans, #3)
  • The Asylum Interviews: Bronx (The Asylum Tales, #0.5)
  • The Talon of the Hawk (The Twelve Kingdoms, #3)
  • Deadly Night: Jenni and Katie's Untold Tale (As The World Dies Untold Tales #4)
  • The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
  • Huntress (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.5)
  • Finding Magic (Downside Ghosts, #0.5)
  • Something to Curse About (Discord Jones #2)
  • Nobody's Angel (Earth Angels, #1)
  • Soul Ink (Grimm Agency, #1.5)
  • Red (Lilith Mercury Werewolf Hunter, #1)
  • The Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law, #2)
CECY ROBSON is an author of contemporary romance, young adult adventure, and award-winning urban fantasy. A double RITA® 2016 finalist for Once Pure and Once Kissed, and a published author of more than eighteen titles, you can typically find her on her laptop writing her stories or stumbling blindly in search of caffeine.

Connect with Cecy online at www.cecyrobson.com, twitter.com/cecyrobson or fac
More about Cecy Robson...

Weird Girls (8 books)
  • Sealed with a Curse (Weird Girls, #1)
  • A Cursed Embrace (Weird Girls, #2)
  • Cursed By Destiny (Weird Girls, #3)
  • A Cursed Bloodline (Weird Girls #4)
  • A Curse Unbroken (Weird Girls, #5)
  • Of Flame and Promise (Weird Girls, #6)
  • Of Flame and Light (Weird Girls, #7 Flame, #1))
  • Of Flame and Fate (Weird Girls, #8, Flame, #2)