YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths, #3)
This topic is about Four Seconds to Lose
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths #3) by K.A. Tucker - Restarting August 17th 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83074 comments Mod
When a gorgeous young dancer walks through his door, a strip club owner must decide whether to follow his rules or his heart in the third novel by the author of One Tiny Lie and Ten Tiny Breaths.

Owning a strip club isn’t the fantasy most guys expect it to be. With long hours, a staff with enough issues to keep a psych ward in business, and the police regularly on his case, twenty-nine-year-old Cain is starting to second guess his unspoken mission to save the women he employs. And then blond, brown-eyed Charlie Rourke walks through his door, and things get really complicated. Cain abides by a strict “no sleeping with the staff” rule. But being around Charlie challenges Cain’s self-control…and it’s been a long time since any woman has done that.

Twenty-two-year-old Charlie Rourke needs a lot of money, really fast, in order to vanish before it’s too late. Taking her clothes off for men makes her stomach curl but Charlie tells herself that at least she’s putting her acting and dancing skills to good use. And though her fellow dancers seem eager to nab their sexy, sophisticated, and genuinely caring boss, she’s not interested. After all, Charlie Rourke doesn’t really exist—and the girl pretending to be her can't get distracted by romance.

Unfortunately, Charlie soon discovers that developing feelings for Cain is inevitable, and that those feelings may not be unrequited—but losing him when he finds out what she’s involved with will be more painful than any other sentence awaiting her.

Tatiana and I will be reading this from December 6th 2013. Everyone welcome ☺

Tati | 10171 comments I'm curious to see how that psychiatrist is going to meddle in this book LOL

That psychiatrist is just weird!

I'm starting this now Tatiana as I've got to go out this afternoon.

chapter 4 (view spoiler)

Tati | 10171 comments That's okay! I've read the first chapter last night, before falling asleep, and I think I a,ready like this one better than the previous ones.

chapter seven (view spoiler)

end of chapter 8 (view spoiler)

chapter 9 (view spoiler)

chapter 9 (view spoiler)

Chapter 12 (view spoiler)

Chapter 19 (view spoiler)

End of chapter 20 (view spoiler)

message 14: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Dec 08, 2013 03:08AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

think I'm on chapter 33 (view spoiler)

chapter 41 (view spoiler)

chapter 41 (view spoiler)

the end (view spoiler)

message 18: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments This is going to sound weird, but I hate weekends... Can't sit down and read.

I'm on chapter 10, and I can already see that that crazy psychiatrist will have plenty to do.

oh dear :( weekends get like that for me sometimes. I probably wouldn't have finished already but I couldn't sleep last night so i ended up reading ☺

message 20: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments It's just so much going on! I much prefer weekdays (that might be because I haven't started working yet).

Work is a killer.

message 22: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments I start next January, I'm sooo excited. I'll still have to spend some time on the bus, which means reading time (I'll already have my Kindle by then :) )

That's the good thing about not driving - you can read during your journey ☺

message 24: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments So, I finished chapter 19 (and totally agree with what you posted). But then something else nagged at me:

one of the girls is called Levi. Is Levi a woman's name in English? For me, in Portuguese, it's always a man's name.

Tatiana wrote: "So, I finished chapter 19 (and totally agree with what you posted). But then something else nagged at me:

one of the girls is called Levi. Is Levi a woman's name in English? For me, in Portuguese,..."

It is more of a man's name, but then Abbie and I noticed that one of the actresses from Pretty Little Liars had had a baby girl and called it 'Phoenix Emanual' the other day. That sounds like a boy's name too!

message 26: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments Chapter 26 (view spoiler)

Yep!

message 28: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments Finished!! And I agree with wath you said about the end... It felt a bit rushed and sudden.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting November 3rd 2015. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Yay! Finally getting to read this one.. I've been wanting to for like 5+ months.. I love this author and so far this series has been so good

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 5% (view spoiler)

message 32: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments I will start when I wake up. I'm just about to go to bed :)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 14% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Mei wrote: "I will start when I wake up. I'm just about to go to bed :)"

No problem :) We are probably about 12 hours apart cause it's just noon on Tuesday here!

message 35: by Rachael (last edited Nov 03, 2015 01:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 18% - this is good so far but I don't see how it spins off of the last one.. Which character do we recognize?

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 29% - Ah there's the connection... I shoulda guessed

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 31% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 35% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 43% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 47% - yep.. this is everything I look for in a book relationship... I'm LOVING this.

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 48% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 59% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 64% hmm I wonder if Ben will be the subject of the next book

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 82% this book is giving me major anxiety

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 97% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments All done.. wow.. 5 stars from me (view spoiler)

message 47: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Chapter 1: (view spoiler)

End of Chapter 1: (view spoiler)

message 48: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Wow Rachael. It must be really amazing. Hope the same is for me.

message 49: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Not sure if I'll read the next book. But it'll also get us 8 points, hahaha

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Mei wrote: "Chapter 1: [spoilers removed]

End of Chapter 1: [spoilers removed]"

Wait did we know Cain before this book??

« previous 1