The Readers Review: Literature from 1714 to 1910 discussion

Fyodor Dostoevsky
This topic is about Fyodor Dostoevsky
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Miscellaneous Archives > Need Recommendation

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yathartha (new)

Yathartha | 1 comments Hi guys,
I was thinking of reading Dostoyevsky. The only work of Dostoyevsky I've read before is The brothers Karamazov. And I would like some recommendations.
Thanks in advance

message 2: by Lily (new)

Lily (joy1) | 2632 comments Yathartha wrote: "Hi guys, I was thinking of reading Dostoyevsky. The only work of Dostoyevsky I've read before is The brothers Karamazov. And I would like some recommendations. Thanks in advance"

Crime and Punishment , of course. Check whether a P&V translation is available.

I am not a Dostoyevsky fan; hopefully others here can give you more diverse suggestions.

message 3: by Lily (new)

Lily (joy1) | 2632 comments Yathartha wrote: "Hi guys, I was thinking of reading Dostoyevsky. The only work of Dostoyevsky I've read before is The brothers Karamazov. And I would like some recommendations. Thanks in advance"

Crime and Punishment , of course. I'd use this P&V translation; it wasn't available when I read C&P.

I am not a Dostoyevsky fan; hopefully others here can give you more diverse suggestions. Do a Google search, too, and see what some of the articles suggest, since you are already so specific in looking for recommendations.

Crime and Punishment

message 4: by Lily (last edited Nov 20, 2013 07:24PM) (new)

Crime and Punishment, of course. I'd use this P&V translation; it wasn't available when I read C&P.

I am not a Dostoyevsky fan; hopefully others here can give you more diverse suggestions. Do a Google search, too, and see what some of the articles suggest, since you are already so specific in looking for recommendations.

message 5: by Pip (new)

Pip | 468 comments I read C&P on a friend's strong recommendation when I was at university, and loved it so much I read practically all the other novels in quick succession! I think C&P and The Brothers Karamazov still stand out as my favourites, though The House of the Dead, The Gambler and Notes from Underground are fantastic too.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.