What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Astonishing Splashes of Colour
This topic is about Astonishing Splashes of Colour
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Eccentric main character nicknamed kitty, is a children's book reviewer, and stole a baby. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jewss (fishboxshoetank) | 5 comments I read this book in high school but I wasn't able to finish it and I don't know where it is or what the title was! All I remember is that it's about this eccentric woman who is the youngest of 5 brothers and 1 sister I think, and her mother ran away when she was a baby. Her nickname was kitty or kitten or cat (I can't remember) and she lived in a small messy apartment next to her husband who is a neat freak. She wants to have a baby, and I think she's suffering from some form of mental illness because she ends up stealing a baby and didn't really realize it until afterwards. That's as far as I can remember into the book.

Also there's also a big hype with who her mother was! She never met her, but she popped up somewhere before the baby stealing incident and didn't even know who kitty was, which revealed that kitty wasn't her daughter, and her brothers weren't her brothers. She was really the daughter of the girl she always knew to be her sister. But her "sister" (actual mother) ran away, came back with the baby, and left her with her father (grandfather I guess).

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments how long ago did you read this book?

Jewss (fishboxshoetank) | 5 comments I read this book about 3 years ago.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Since it's only been 3 years Jess--any chance you can visit your old HS and get the librarian to check for you. I'm sure that he/she would be pleased as punch to have an old student come in looking for a book that had had enough impact on them that they wanted to re-read it.

Jewss (fishboxshoetank) | 5 comments That's true, I should do that! My librarian was rather grumpy though... I will still give it a shot!!! I MUST FINISH THAT BOOK

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Hey, take her a small gift--a nice book mark or something. Bribery works wonders some times. :o)

message 7: by K. (new)

K. (aoutranc3) | 76 comments I believe this is Astonishing Splashes of Color by Clare Morrall.

Jewss (fishboxshoetank) | 5 comments THANK YOU SO MUCH

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Congrats Jess--and you didn't even have to brave the grumpy librarian. :o)

I'll shelve the book and move this down to Solved for you.