This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate the subway...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Oh, come on now people... how bout the creepy guy that tries to chat you up? OR, the smelly person who always, ALWAYS sits next to you? Or the two fifteen year olds trying to procreate in the back because they can't screw at home? The guy hugging the bar? At least if you have to try to keep your balance based on being wedged between bodies you don't have to actually TOUCH that bar...*shudder*! There are the ass grabbers, the loud talkers, the slow movers (who meld in with the stop in the middle of the way for no reason-ers), the "too sexy for my subway"-ers (who like to pretend they are above the train normally), one could go on and on! Now my experience is more limited to the London Underground... but I'm sure it translates. I really do hate the subway! Traveling like afore mentioned rats along underground tunnels…that is devolution, not evolution people! I need air and sky and a cool breeze on my face! I’m no rat, or mole and I refuse to travel in such a manner!!!!

You guys are getting me in the spirit alright! I hate you for that!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

This is what cars are for. People are less likely to try to sit next to you when you're sitting in a container of solid steel.

"Wow, buddy, you're a little close. I will now tilt my wheel to the side and murder you with ease."

message 3: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Very true Brendan, however, poor Abigail probably has no such luxury. Even if you were willing to drive in NY, which is risky in itself, you cannot park! Viva Kansas!!!!

message 4: by Xysea (new)

Xysea  (xysea) I hate people who expect me to (a) sell my current place and find another in a non-existent city center or hub. Believe me, if America were built that way we'd be happier, but it's not.
(b) I hate people who have never lived anywhere but in a big city, because they seem to think that makes them superior. (c) I hate big cities because they give you the luxury of getting around without a car, but not a sense of affordability and real safety, especially when raising children. And (d) I hate it when people expect me to live life up to their standards, and refuse to consider not everyone is meant to live the same way. I hate the 100 years worth of engineers before us that couldn't see this problem before we were already sprawled out and dependent on oil. I hate the car industry for not adopting greater fuel efficiency standards 50 years ago, even though they could have, and probably should have.

I hate that my parents and their generation enjoyed the best of everything - they were the denouement of humanity, it seems - and that my generation and my daughter's generation is going to be left cleaning up the mess from their drug-infested, sexually free days probably for effin' ever.

I hate that our standard of living will most likely drop, no matter how hard we work and save, and that rich people will klep out of everything as they've always done.

I hate that I can't afford carbon offsets, or that the recycling, bartering, buying used, growing my own food, local buying I've done is still not enough for some greenies out there who would still likely string me up by my thumbs and poke me with pitchforks because I drive --- oooh, a car! ---

(And this isn't directed at Abigail, it's something that's been truly making me hate for a while! :P)

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly I hate hate hate driving in cities. I always feel like I'm going to die at the hands of some disgruntled cab driver, or hit some dude in a Porsche going way too fast and never, ever be able to find insurance again.

Which is why I do not do it, and do not own a car (only drive when home with parents), and take the metro. Which I will also hate on, because it closes at midnight in DC and by 2 or 3 on the weekends. That is fucking lame.

message 6: by Valerie (last edited Feb 08, 2008 03:10PM) (new)

Valerie I hate that subway guy who'd always come up and ask if he could sit on my lap. Seriously, buddy? I know it looks comfy, but I'm saving it for the right hobo.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.