Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Change order books are listed?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zander (new)

Zander Vyne (zandervyne) | 11 comments Is there a way to add an order to the books displayed on my author page (under Zander Vyne's Books). Not only do I have out of print books I'd rather have removed (but am stuck with) at the top, but the out of print also is the one that shows everywhere and in my author dashboard. The others are jumbled in no particular order. It would make more sense to list the books by date of publication, with the latest being at the top of the list. Is there a way to set this? I can't find it (and I did search the discussions too, just so you know). If I didn't find it, please accept apologies in advance and thanks for your help.

message 2: by Krazykiwi (last edited Sep 02, 2013 07:47AM) (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Pretty sure they are ordered by popularity, the books shelved the most are at the top.

ETA: Looks like books you are the primary author first, in order of popularity, then the books you are a secondary author on, in order of popularity.

message 3: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Sep 02, 2013 07:58AM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6592 comments Users can sort by popularity, pub year, avg rating, # pages, or title.

message 4: by Zander (new)

Zander Vyne (zandervyne) | 11 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Users can sort by popularity, pub year, avg rating, # pages, or title." Thanks. But, I can't auto-sort? Maybe I'm just seeing them this way, and users see them another way?

message 5: by Zander (new)

Zander Vyne (zandervyne) | 11 comments Krazykiwi wrote: "Pretty sure they are ordered by popularity, the books shelved the most are at the top.

ETA: Looks like books you are the primary author first, in order of popularity, then the books you are a seco..."

That is what it looks like, which I guess makes sense. I wish I could force the order though (since my out of print books are currently the only ones I am primary author on, and I'd really rather they weren't there at all). Thanks for the reply anyway :>)