Shut Up & Read discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived BOTM > Nominatios for October BOTM (CLOSED)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tanecia (last edited Sep 04, 2013 09:40PM) (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
This thread is to suggest a book for October. It can be any genre. One nomination per person please.

If you agree with someone else's selection, just say I second this selection and then link the book name.

If nominating a book in a series, only nominate the 1st book in the series unless we've already group read the 1st book.

Here is a list of all previous BotM books:http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8...

* Rules(Updated/Subject to change) *

1.Must only nominate or (not both)second 1 book that is a stand alone or 1st in series.

2.Suggestion thread will go up asap at the beginning of every month.

3. Suggestions will end every 25th of the month.

4. The books that have 3 votes or more will be added into the poll no matter what (so the voting poll wont be limited to only 6 books) :D

5. Indie Authors are allowed to nominate books here (The more the better)! Every other month the Mods will pick an indie author of their choice.

6. Alyssia will be my second tally person.

- If you would like to see our previous BOTM go here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8...

Nominations will be closing on October 25th!!!

message 2: by Whitney Greene (new)

Whitney Greene | 15 comments I nominate Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1) by Brandy Nacole

message 3: by Bev (new)

Bev Stout (Bev_Stout) | 10 comments I nominate Secrets of the Realm by Bev Stout

message 4: by Animal (new)

Animal Media Group (AMGLLC) | 5 comments Thanks! Our nomination is The Stereotypical Freaks by Howard Shapiro "The Stereotypical Freaks" by Howard Shapiro

message 5: by Neena (new)

Neena (mockingbird23) | 5 comments I second Godhead by Ken Mooney...looks interesting

message 6: by Vardan (new)

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 201 comments Third time's the charm, I guess (hope:)). I would like to nominate my own:

I, the Provocateur I, the Provocateur by Vardan Partamyan

Check out the reviews (preferably the positive ones:))

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Robert S. Cosmar
Robert S. Cosmar

I would like to second this book:

Anatomy of a Poet by C.J. Heck
Anatomy of a Poet

message 9: by Dianne (new)

Dianne | 34 comments Shameless self-promotion... A dark crime thriller.

Too Dark to Sleep by Dianne Gallagher

Reviews on Goodreads and on Amazon http://amzn.to/1fyABT0
Preview available http://bit.ly/1dOvWAI

IndieReader Approved 5 stars
Crime Fiction Lover 5 stars
Suspense Magazine 4 stars

message 10: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) So many good ones ... I am going to second the stereotypical freaks again though.

message 11: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15226 comments Mod
I will second Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1) by Brandy Nacole . I really enjoyed that book. I would really like to read I, the Provocateur by Vardan Partamyan .

message 12: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) One or the other Leigh! For those of us doing the count, it's quite important. :P

message 13: by Vardan (new)

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 201 comments Leigh wrote: "I will second Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1) by Brandy Nacole. I really enjoyed that book. I would really like to read I, the Provocateur by Vardan Partamyan."

Thanks Leigh! :) Should the book be selected, I will do a special free promotion so all those interested can get it.

message 14: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (last edited Sep 04, 2013 06:10AM) (new)

Alyssia wrote: "One or the other Leigh! For those of us doing the count, it's quite important. :P"

I only selected Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1) by Brandy Nacole but said I wanted to read the other too. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

message 15: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Vardan wrote: "Leigh wrote: "I will second Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1) by Brandy Nacole. I really enjoyed that book. I would really like to read I, the Provocateur by Vardan Partamyan."

Thanks Leigh! :) Should the book be..."

Thank you. I have it on my Kindle but haven't read it yet.

message 16: by Vardan (new)

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 201 comments Leigh wrote: "Vardan wrote: "Leigh wrote: "I will second Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1) by Brandy Nacole. I really enjoyed that book. I would really like to read I, the Provocateur by Vardan Partamyan."

Thanks Leigh! :) Sho..."

Great!

message 17: by Bill (new)

Bill (bills0) | 23 comments I second Secrets of the Realm by Bev Stout

message 18: by trav (new)

trav I nominate Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1) by C.C. Hunter

message 20: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (minidf) | 12 comments Becca wrote: "The Boy who Lived with Ghosts - A MemoirThe Boy who Lived with Ghosts - A Memoir by John Mitchell"

I second this.

message 21: by Kimberley (last edited Sep 04, 2013 09:27AM) (new)

Kimberley Patterson (kimberleypattersonauthor) | 36 comments The Three Month Plan by Kimberley Patterson

I would like to nominate The Three Month Plan - and I would be more than willing to give out ecopies of the book :)

Kelly Callahan had everything going for her. Everything that is, except for a relationship. It wasn’t for the lack of trying, it just seemed like she was a magnet for all the wrong ones. But all of that was about to change the minute she laid eyes on Jake.
On a dare from her close friend, Michelle, Kelly accepts a challenge to date and become Jake’s girlfriend within three months. The consequence of losing is global humiliation, and she refuses to lose.

Enlisting the help of her childhood friend and confidant, Brian, Kelly manages to catch Jakes attention. She also unknowingly hooks Brian who tries to sabotage the plan. Kelly finds herself with a dilemma; take the final step with Jake and win the plan or follow her heart and reveal her feelings for Brian.

message 22: by A.L. (last edited Sep 04, 2013 10:21AM) (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 240 comments Dianne wrote: "Shameless self-promotion... A dark crime thriller.

Too Dark to Sleep by Dianne Gallagher

Reviews on Goodreads and on Amazon http://amzn.to/1fyABT0
Preview available http://bit.ly/1dOvWAI

Indie..."

I will second this. I might wait to nominate my own for a month or so.

message 23: by Hock (new)

Hock Tjoa (hockgtjoa) | 28 comments I nominate The Angry Woman Suite by Lee Fullbright

message 24: by Duks (new)

message 25: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cooper (andrearcooper) | 55 comments For something different (swamp shape-shifters) I nominate Swamp Magic (Swamp Magic, #1) by Bobbi Romans

message 26: by Will (new)

Will | 1 comments Bev wrote: "I nominate Secrets of the Realm by Bev Stout"

I'll second this one.

message 27: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) I nominate The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith

message 28: by Kerry (new)

Kerry James (kerrii) | 6 comments I will second the vampire diaries

message 29: by Andy (new)

Andy Virals by Kathy Reichs

message 30: by Mikhail (new)

Mikhail Lerma (MLerma) | 7 comments I nominate my book Z Plan:Blood on the Sand. Blood on the Sand (Z Plan #1) by Mikhail Lerma

message 31: by Nereid (new)

Nereid (nereidp) | 34 comments I always wanted to read this one so I second that :)

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas

message 32: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) Alexandra wrote: "I second all of them:) So we get a nice lot of choice:)"

Please vote or second one book.

message 33: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (featherlashes) I nominate Killing Sarai by J.A. Redmerski Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1) by J.A. Redmerski

message 34: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryyaroscavitch) | 133 comments I'd like to nominate Bert Murray Colin Preston Rocked and Rolled by Bert Murray

message 35: by Juana "Darkness" (new)

Juana "Darkness" Duran | 24 comments I'd like to nominate: Atlantis Rising (Warriors of Poseidon, #1) by Alyssa Day by Alyssa Day

message 36: by P.J. (new)

P.J. LaRue I second October Snow by Jenna Brooks and Dianne's comments, too!

message 37: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Juana "Darkness" wrote: "I'd like to nominate:Atlantis Rising (Warriors of Poseidon, #1) by Alyssa Day by Alyssa Day"

I love that series!

message 38: by Elise (new)

Elise (redentrapy) | 244 comments Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1) by Brandy Nacole sounds great I would love it. Also the I, the Provocateur by Vardan Partamyan also sounds great.

message 39: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) Elise wrote: "Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1) by Brandy Nacole sounds great I would love it. Also the I, the Provocateur by Vardan Partamyan also sounds great."

Which would you like to second Elise?

message 40: by Michelle's (new)

Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books (michellesparanormalreviews) | 70 comments I nominate a great that I highly recommend, Darkness Haunts by Susan Illene (Sensor Series #1) Its a paranormal book. Darkness Haunts (The Sensor, #1) by Susan Illene

message 41: by Vardan (new)

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 201 comments Elise wrote: "Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1) by Brandy Nacole sounds great I would love it. Also the I, the Provocateur by Vardan Partamyan also sounds great."

Awesome, Elise! Thanks for the interest!

message 42: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
Alyssia wrote: " I love your avatar!

message 43: by Alex (last edited Sep 05, 2013 07:30PM) (new)

Alex Marestaing | 7 comments I'd like to nominate I'm Nobody by Alex Marestaing

message 44: by Juana "Darkness" (new)

Juana "Darkness" Duran | 24 comments Leigh wrote: "Juana "Darkness" wrote: "I'd like to nominate:Atlantis Rising (Warriors of Poseidon, #1) by Alyssa Day by Alyssa Day"

I love that series!"

I loved that book too. I didn't think I was going to but I did.

message 45: by Lavender (last edited Sep 06, 2013 05:02AM) (new)

Lavender Brooke (LavenderBrooke) I'll second this one."

Secrets of the Realm by Bev Stout "

I too would like to second Secrets of the Realm - sounds really intriguing!

message 46: by Angel (new)

Angel (angel4sue) | 4 comments The Travel Auction by Mark Green

really enjoyed this book.

message 47: by Lys (last edited Sep 06, 2013 02:37PM) (new)

Lys (lysrowan) This is hopping :)

message 48: by Vardan (new)

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 201 comments heated nominations :)

message 49: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 99 comments I nominate an awesome, gripping thriller that I thought was amazing! This book is.... Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson

message 50: by Sarah Marie (new)

Sarah Marie Opal!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.