Adding New Books & Editions > incomplete book info

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (housekat29) 308 pages
published: September 24, 2010
Kindle Ed. ASIN: B0044KM1QI
description:
A courtroom where souls are judged. A parallel Earth where a woman struggles with her faith. A battle in Hell for the souls of the fallen. A time-traveler at the first Christmas. A quiet talk on the beach between Jesus and Judas Iscariot. These are just a few of the tales featured in Angels in Our Countryside, a collection of twelve stories encompassing fantasy, science fiction, and history, all with a Christian theme.

Some of the stories are traditional and uplifting. Others pose uncomfortable questions. All attempt to discuss issues related to faith in a spirit of honesty and praise.

Whether you're a believer or a curious seeker, Angels in Our Countryside will make you think about faith from new angles, while offering up compelling tales of adventure, sacrifice, and love.

cover: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I...

message 2: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Got it.

message 3: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (housekat29) Gracias :)

message 4: by Feliks (last edited Sep 02, 2013 09:40AM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) Hi, I just joined Librarians Group temporarily to report on a couple of books which have puzzling provenance. Well, at least they appear that way to me. It may prove that I'm simply not informed enough on the origins of this book.

My confusion relates to the famous British adventure classic, 'The Four Feathers'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_four...

I always thought the book was written by A.E.W. Mason.

But in both Goodreads and Amazon, I find it listed not only under Mason, A.E.W. Mason but also under British author Anthony Hope Anthony Hope who is mostly famous for penning The Prisoner of Zenda The Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope .

So my question is: why does this book have two authors, two separate editions?
The Four Feathers The Four Feathers by A.E.W. Mason

The Four Feathers The Four Feathers by Anthony Hope

message 5: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Two reasons: It's public domain so anyone can pretty much put out a new edition, and people trying to make a quick buck are stupid and don't check their details.

The Anthony Hope editions are clearly bogus, but I'm not sure what the policy is about how to fix them. The obvious answer is to move them to the correct author and stick a note on them explaining why, but let's see what others say.

message 6: by Feliks (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) Well thank you very much for this insight. I will leave the matter on the table for later action.

FD

message 7: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments I was kind of hoping to someone else would notice this, but I guess not. I'll post it in a new thread and ask for some direction.