♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Will Grayson, Will Grayson
This topic is about Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Past Reads > Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Oct 01, 2013 04:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan

One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two teens—both named Will Grayson—are about to cross paths. As their worlds collide and intertwine, the Will Graysons find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, building toward romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history’s most fabulous high school musical.

Hilarious, poignant, and deeply insightful, John Green and David Levithan’s collaborative novel is brimming with a double helping of the heart and humor that have won both of them legions of faithful fans.

Madeleine Knutsson (madeleineknutsson) Read it today and I most say I was really disappointed.

Didn't really connect with any of all the characters.
David Levithans (which i have not read any book from before)Will Grayson for me was better then John Greens. I don't really know but John Greens Will was just boring in my eyes and that made me so mega disappointed. I have read two John Green books before and I loved them so I am kinda hurt/sad that I didn't like this one.

message 3: by DB (new)

DB (DB's Guide to the Galaxy) (dbgalaxy) In the book, is the font supposed to be two different fonts?

Kristina | 125 comments I listened to this book, so I don't know which part was John Green's and which part was David Levithan's, but I have heard that David's was better from others.
However, the Audio book is awesome and funny. I had so many LOL moments and I love the story and the characters.

I would assume the two different fonts are for one Will Grayson's POV and one for the other Will.

message 5: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 4 stars

I have the audio for this one since my friend listened to it and she also said it was really hilarious. One of the narrators is actually one of my favorite male narrators too. I hope to start it soon!

message 6: by DB (new)

DB (DB's Guide to the Galaxy) (dbgalaxy) I would assume the two different fonts are for one Will Grayson's POV and one for the other Will.

^thanks.

Nitzan Schwarz (nitzanafterwords) I finished reading the book today and I loved it! At first I was really confused by the book; I wasn't entirely sure what the plot was, but then it just became something entirely brilliant! I'm really thankful for this group read, because it made me read this book sooner than I would've done otherwise :)

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) i hated the ending. it ruined the whole experience of reading the book for me. i also didn't like straight will's chapters. gay will had a much more interesting story line.

message 9: by LR (new) - rated it 2 stars

LR (lrg367) i don't liked that much, i think it's the worst book John Green have ever written, but it's not that bad, it's funny and with nice characters, it's just that the others are so much better!

Olleh | 2 comments I loved it! Unlike everyone else by the looks of it. The ending was a bit random but it was still good. I think it was really great and that John Green diserves praise for it. I seem to be the only one with this opinion! Anyone else?

Jessica-Robyn WG, WG is a favourite of mine due to it's quirk and humour. But what really stands out about the book has to be the collaboration aspect. John Green and David Levithan are great authors in their own right, but to see them work together on something was really wonderful. There just isn't enough of this in literature and YA is the perfect place for it to happen more.

message 12: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Nov 24, 2013 12:42AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm in the middle of this one. I think gay WG is super depressing although now that he met Tiny I'm hoping he will have a better attitude. The narrators are both great. I'm listening to the audiobook.