She-Geeks discussion

Gaming > What Game are You Playing Right Now?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanna_redwind (last edited Aug 29, 2013 11:07AM) (new)

Shanna_redwind What video game are you playing at the moment? Would you recommend it, or is it one to stay away from?

I just started Game of Thrones, and I'm not sure if I'll like it or not. I really enjoyed the (huge) lead in sequence and the ambiance of the game. I'm having a bit of trouble with the combat system for some reason though, and I lost the first battle, which frustrated me and made me turn the system off. I'm not really a gaming Guru, but I hate losing the real first battle in a game.

message 2: by Magda Żmijan (new)

Magda Żmijan | 27 comments I'm playing Lord of the Rings: War in the North
It's OK. I like characters skills and the main story is interesting, but I got stuck in the mines before vacation :P just couldn't shoot fast enough I guess

Game of thrones was fine, though it has more story than actual gaming :) combat sytem does require a bit getting used to, I don't think I ever did though.

I'm still addicted to Assassin's creed. All of them :D I do love the first one most for characters, story and the idea of Assassin's Order, It kind of got lost in the next games. AC3 has best fighting system, but the story wasn't as good. AC2 is something in the middle and it's great :D And it has Leonardo :P I can't wait for the new pirate AC4 :D

Ooooh and The Witcher - that is a great game too. Both of them. And now they're already starting to show some information about W3. I love the fact that you can actually play it twice because of some decisions you're going to make sooner or later. Like fighting with humans or with non-humans.

for a little off time gaming (when you don't really want to kill stuff, just to have some fun) I like From Dust

message 3: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 43 comments I just restarted Medieval Total War II. My old pc used to have a right mardy moment with it.

Still dipping in and out of Dragon Age and Skyrim

message 4: by Magda Żmijan (new)

Magda Żmijan | 27 comments I totally forgot Skyrim :D I love it, but I was too much into other games lately :P

message 5: by Stefani - SpelingExpirt, White Rabbit (new)

Stefani - SpelingExpirt (speling_expirt) | 307 comments Mod
I have just started Bully and Alan Wake. Bully was £3 on Xbox live so I thought I'd see what it was like. I'm quite liking it so far.

message 6: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind Magda wrote: "I'm playing Lord of the Rings: War in the North
It's OK. I like characters skills and the main story is interesting, but I got stuck in the mines before vacation :P just couldn't shoot fast enough ..."

Hearing that there's a lot of story encourages me to go back to the game. I love the feel of 'playing' a story, and gravitate to games with a lot of story. I really liked Heavy Rain, Dragon Age, and Uncharted games for the storytelling.

Stefani - SpelingExpirt wrote: "I have just started Bully and Alan Wake. Bully was £3 on Xbox live so I thought I'd see what it was like. I'm quite liking it so far."

Alan Wake looks really interesting. Unfortunately, no Xbox. :(

message 7: by A 💞 (new)

A 💞 (smokeymirrors) | 2 comments I have been playing Final Fantasy 13 and I think that game is great! Late nights and feelings running rampant, sounds like so much fun huh?

I am thoroughly excited for the new Kingdom Hearts, it took them long enough -____-*

message 8: by Magda Żmijan (new)

Magda Żmijan | 27 comments Shanna_redwind wrote: "Alan Wake looks really interesting. Unfortunately, no Xbox. :( "

It's also on PC
I played it
it's good but reaaaaaaaly creeeeepy :D I need to play in very small doses

message 9: by Kelly (last edited Aug 31, 2013 08:06AM) (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) I'm in the Skyrim: Elder Scrolls camp. I actually shied away from it for so long because it looked so immersive and insanely huge.

Now I'm spending far too much time playing it.

And also now dreaming about dragons.

Thanks a lot Skyrim.

I'm actually really, really into old-school adventure games. Beneath a Steel Sky (illustrated by Dave Gibson of Watchmen fame!) stuff like that. Wadget Eye games has a good series of releases very much in that style, but made within the past 10 or so years.

message 10: by Lamora/Ches (new)

Lamora/Ches (lamora) | 6 comments Magda wrote: "I'm playing Lord of the Rings: War in the North
It's OK. I like characters skills and the main story is interesting, but I got stuck in the mines before vacation :P just couldn't shoot fast enough ..."

I stopped Assassin's Creed after the second game and didn't even look at the expansions mostly because I was too afriad of being disappointed. I was tempted since I LOVED the first two games, but then I watched the trailer for the third one ;_; and I gave up on the franchise (they be milking it!).

Skyrim was fun dragon-killing, good-looking even if looked a bit like snowy wasteland at times. Story-wise, meh, I wouldn't play it again to re-live the :adventure:.
-- I had just finished my first playthrough of Baldur's Gate 2 *snobbishly adjusts glasses* which is rated highly on my scale of epic narrative (even if my eyes bled a little once I first started playing it, but I got used to it fast and it got really pretty [temple of Amaunator]).

The Witcher games are really GOOD. I've been dying to read the books, but I wanted some feedback first. Just in case (they suck). :3

If you like realistic Post-Apoc, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series is pretty good, and I'd recommend Shadow of Chernobyl.

On the whole, I am into old-ish RPGs like Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Fallout (all except Fallout 3 <.<), Vampire: The Masquerade, Knights of the Old Republic, etc. Game nowadays are sooooo disappointing.
I can't wait for Chris *fucking* Avellone to get done their Project Eternity so I have a good fantasy RPG to play. :(

message 11: by Niki (new)

Niki Bond (nikibond) | 9 comments I'm playing Tales of Xillia, Persona 3, Odin Sphere, and Project Diva F... Oh, and I still need to finish side stuff on Atelier Ayesha! So many games, so little time...

message 12: by Celina (new)

Celina | 18 comments Skyrim...just that haha I've been busy lately

message 13: by Rae (new)

Rae (destinysend) | 9 comments Final Fantasy IV

message 14: by M. (new)

M. Keep (jmkeep) | 3 comments I've still been playing Animal Crossing and Pikmin. It's great for my super short attention span lately!

message 15: by A &#x1f49e; (new)

A &#x1f49e; (smokeymirrors) | 2 comments Playing Soul Caliber V.

message 16: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind I just started fooling around with Little Alchemy and I'm finding it very addicting, but really hard not to go and cheat.

message 17: by Kat (new)

Kat (katsobsession) | 66 comments Playing FFIX again :p

message 18: by Magda Żmijan (new)

Magda Żmijan | 27 comments Lamora/Ches wrote: "Magda wrote: "I'm playing Lord of the Rings: War in the North
It's OK. I like characters skills and the main story is interesting, but I got stuck in the mines before vacation :P just couldn't shoo..."

Witcher books are awesome :D
mostly because the game was based on the books not the other way around like in some cases. I loved each and every one of the series, the 2 short stories books. And there's a new book now, but I haven't read it yet.

Jennifer (The Nightly Book Owl) (misscupoftea) | 6 comments As of right now, I've been playing Assassin's Creed 4. The graphics are great except for the hair which looks a bit odd to me but oh well. So far, it's pretty good. I forgot how much I missed being able to roam around and assassinate random people and climbing buildings and whatnot lol.

message 20: by Teresa (last edited Nov 19, 2013 07:50PM) (new)

Teresa (teresaterrell) | 15 comments Jennifer wrote: "As of right now, I've been playing Assassin's Creed 4. The graphics are great except for the hair which looks a bit odd to me but oh well. So far, it's pretty good. I forgot how much I missed being..."

Black Flag looks pretty amazing. I haven't played any of the AC but they are on my backlog list for sure!

message 21: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresaterrell) | 15 comments I just downloaded The Wolf Among Us (Faith ep.) and am super excited. I like the comic art style and the story sounds intriguing! Can't really beat it for $4.99.

message 22: by M. (new)

M. Keep (jmkeep) | 3 comments ... World of Warcraft again.

message 23: by Amy (new)

Amy (amykate28) | 39 comments I've just started Diablo III. It's my first dungeon crawler and while I'm dying alot it's pretty good so far.

message 24: by Magda Żmijan (new)

Magda Żmijan | 27 comments AC4 Black Flag... finally
and I'm totally happy :D

message 25: by sweetPixiesmile (last edited Dec 03, 2013 01:20PM) (new)

sweetPixiesmile | 20 comments Playing F.E.A.R. Extraction Point (finished the first F.E.A.R., I really liked the story and the game was seriously creepy) and LOTR:War in the North (for a second time; my save got corrupted at level 28) from the WB Humble Bundle. Also, Thomas was Alone.

EDIT: Also Borderlands2.

message 26: by Lexxi Kitty (new)

Lexxi Kitty (lexxikitty) In the early to mid 1990s I played a bunch of text games. And multi-player Doom. That was fun. Running around shooting other players and NPCs. Then I stopped for 10-12 years. At least online gaming.

Then in 2005 or 2007 I tried WoW. Fell down stairs. Got stuck in a hole. Relogging. Attempting to climb out or fly. Or ask for help all failed. So I stopped playing. I tried again in 2012 or 2013. Got stuck in a table. I know how to fix myself now but stopped playing again.

2007: started playing Second Life. It's where the name Lexxi came from. Still in SL.

2012/2013: Tried and am still playing, every once in a while: Star Wars .. I'm thinking its SWTOR, Star Trek Online, and Defiance. I tried a bunch of others but none of them kept my attention.

2014: I think it was December 2013 when I last played Star Trek Online (SWTOR and Defiance - Oct 2013). So, so far, the only thing I've played in 2014 would be Second Life.

message 27: by sweetPixiesmile (new)

sweetPixiesmile | 20 comments Lexxi Kitty wrote: "Then in 2005 or 2007 I tried WoW. Fell down stairs. Got stuck in a hole. Relogging. Attempting to climb out or fly. Or ask for help all failed. So I stopped playing. I tried again in 2012 or 2013. Got stuck in a table. I know how to fix myself now but stopped playing again."

I hate MMORPGers as they stand. Waaaaaaay too much time investment IMO. I tried Guild Wars 2 and just could stand the way it played; I really liked the first GW, but it wasn't quite the money-maker that they wanted, so they went back to the WoW model.

Went back to my first love, PC gaming, in the fall of last year after a long relationship with Playstation 2/3. Currently playing Bastion on Steam. Been rocking my favourite shooter of all time, ME3, on Origin (even though I don't know anyone on Origin to Platinum farm ;_;.)

Finally caved and started playing Disney Infinity (was sucked in by the fact that I could play as Elsa and Anna from Frozen!) I'm probably going to buy Rapunzel, Little Miss Annoying (Vanellope von Shweet) and Violet/Helen Parr. So dangerous, it's like Skylanders mixed with Minecraft!

message 28: by The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (last edited Feb 04, 2014 03:32PM) (new)

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) I freely admit to being pretty old school when it comes to gaming. I began with the original D&D and I still have my dog-eared first edition Players Handbook. Right now though I get together occasionally with my Vampire the Masquerade/Changeling the Dreaming group. There's just something awesome about hanging with a group and getting into the spirit of the game. I do like Assassin's Creed for the historical aspect though, and I totally miss City of Heroes.

message 29: by Kristie (new)

Kristie I'm still playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag, I'm super slow with RPGs except for Dragon Age of course... I think I got put off AC when they moved out of Europe and my favorite time period.

message 30: by sweetPixiesmile (new)

sweetPixiesmile | 20 comments Okay, I'll admit it. I love Disney Infinity! Playing as Jack Sparrow, or Rapunzel or Elsa/Anna is such a blast!

I just wish they issued more sets! With so many

I never got into AC. I played the first one and never went back. I also have an issue with assassins who have a uniform. What's up with that? However, the one before Black Flag piqued my interest.

message 31: by Magda Żmijan (new)

Magda Żmijan | 27 comments sweetPixiesmile wrote: "I never got into AC. I played t..."

AC4 is way better then AC3 :) You get to be a real pirate!

I currently have "strategy phase" so I'm playing Tropico 4. It's quite fun to be a dictator once in a while :D
I've tries Reus too - very nice game. a bit of a rest from all action games (which I love).

message 32: by Kristie (new)

Kristie Magda I have been won back to ubisoft with the pirating! I do enjoy sailing the seven seas (:

message 33: by sweetPixiesmile (new)

sweetPixiesmile | 20 comments I've always loved piratey things! Going to add AC4 to my Steam wishlist!

message 34: by Keliani (new)

Keliani (requiemorelegy) | 2 comments I just started Mass Effect (PS3). I borrowed the trilogy and I'm really hyped with it! I don't play as regularly as I'd like but it's one of the very few games that can keep me tons of hours on a row; the story is quite funny and I love all the space tech/mass relay stuff. It has its glitches but I'd definitely recommend it as well :)

message 35: by sweetPixiesmile (new)

sweetPixiesmile | 20 comments Keliani wrote: "I just started Mass Effect (PS3). I borrowed the trilogy and I'm really hyped with it! I don't play as regularly as I'd like but it's one of the very few games that can keep me tons of hours on a r..."

Love love LOVE Mass Effect! I played it on my PS3, and when my brother wanted to play (he's a PC gamer) I switched to PC. I'm a mouse and nav player (I use the XIM edge on my PS3 and the PS Move navigator on PC) Look me up! I use the same steamtag/gamertag/PSNID as my ID here. I'm not that great, but I love to play.

I'm off my ps3 for a bit though; my sweetie wants to watch her movies on the big screen downstairs and she commandeered my PS monitor for her Roku 3. I just borrowed an HDMI switch from her nephew, and will be trying to get my PS3 hooked up to a wireless router tonight (I have the gen 3 fat, so no built-in wi-fi.)

message 36: by Magda Żmijan (new)

Magda Żmijan | 27 comments currently i'm having lots of fun playng Rusty hearts. I'vel usd to love this game during beta testing but then they've decided their servers can't handle europe and locked EU ip's. only few days ago I found out I can play it again :-)