All About Books discussion

Reads & Challenges Archive > Amber's Reading for Pleasure reading challenge 2013

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Hey all! For my reading for Pleasure challenge, I decided to read a few Stephen King Books a year.

This year I've read four: Night Shift, Pet Sematary, Salem's Lot, and Joyland. I'll try to read two more before the year ends.

I've also decided since there are now 20 books of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, I have decided to read one a year until I have finished with the series. I have read the first ten books and will read Eleven on Topnext year.

I also am caught up with the Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson until next year when the final book comes out and the Chronicles of Nick series by Sherrilyn Kenyon which I am also caught up with until next year when Illusioncomes out.

My next Sherrilyn Kenyon book to read is the next one of the dark hunter series Styxxwhich comes out in September. There is no book version this year for the League series so that is all I got left for her books.

I also plan to read City of Bonesas one of my end of the year reads and will pick out a book to read for Neil Gaiman's All Hallows read in October. Last year I read Something Wicked This Way Comes.

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris (cdavies1951) | 80 comments What a great idea - reading should be fun!

I am getting ready to read City of Bones next month. We'll have to compare notes.

Pet Semataryis an all-time favorite, and you can't go wrong with Evanovich.

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Thanks chris and we sure will. I saw the film which was good so I'll read the book later on. My fave stephen king book is The Stand . I have a few others but will list them later. :-)

message 5: by Alannah (new)

Alannah Clarke (alannahclarke) | 11480 comments Mod
Good Luck, I really want to read City of Bones too. Everyone is telling me it's so great.

I recommend The Shining as well. Quite good.

message 6: by Amber (last edited Aug 28, 2013 08:08AM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Thanks Alannah. My sister wants to read that one too so I'll add it to my to read list. I want to read Under the Dome and Doctor Sleep by him next. I also want to read Defiance by C.J. Redwine but won't get the book until my birthday on the 26th of September. For now, planning a library trip on Sunday to get our fiction group read pick The Light Between Oceans and The Perks of Being a Wallflower. So far I've read and finished No Return by Zachary Jernigan and it was a pretty good read. I even reviewed it too so my review is on the book's goodreads page. I'll be reading City of Bones at the end of the year probably in December so if you want, we could do a readalong together then. Chris is reading it next month and wants to compare notes but I'm reading the book at the end of the year. I saw the movie and it was pretty good.

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) btw, a local reading blog from a local newspaper mentioned me today in the book I currently just got through read and what I'll read next. check the link out and enjoy! ^_^ http://blogs.dnj.com/gentlereader/201...

message 8: by Alannah (new)

Alannah Clarke (alannahclarke) | 11480 comments Mod
Amber wrote: "Thanks Alannah. My sister wants to read that one too so I'll add it to my to read list. I want to read Under the Dome and Doctor Sleep by him next. I also want to read Defiance by C.J. Redwine but ..."

That sounds good. I'll make a note and we can set up a thread at the beginning of December to see if anyone wants to join.

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Okay cool. ^_^ thanks, Alannah.

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) As I have finished No Return which was a pretty good read, I will be heading back to the library on Sunday to return my books and get our fiction group read pick The Light Between Oceansand The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I really want to read them both.

message 11: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I wonder if The Last Unicorn is any good. I saw the movie and it was good so added it to my to read list. Hopefully my library has it.

message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'll be doing a readalong for all hallows read in october on oct 20-31 so if you'd like to join me, I'll be reading the fall of the house of usher and other tales by edgar allan poe as my all hallows read pick for halloween. I'm doing city of bones in december if u want to join up then.

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) So I am done with my Sherrilyn Kenyon books for the year. If the new League novel comes out before the end of the year, I will read it. If not, I will check it out next year with the new Chronicles of Nick book. The final Kingdom Keepers novel comes out next year too so I will stay patient for that. I will just focus on what I am reading now and then figure out what to read next.