What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Young girl, ran away from convent with friend, two knights help them, they become queen's helpers, king's singer, love story, murder of king maybe, escape disguised as boy

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Greta (last edited Aug 30, 2013 11:06AM) (new)

Greta Gaurilčikaitė | 11 comments Hello, i am searching for a book about young girl, who ran away from a convent with her friend. Two young knights helped them. then they became queens helpers. That young girl sang or played some instrument very well, so she became kings singer maybe. She was in love with one of the knights. Someone murdered a king or tried to murder him and the girl was accused of doing that. Then knight helped her escape again disguised as a boy. i think that was series of books, and other books was about her sisters. They were all separated at a young age. It's a novel. please help me someone, i am dying to read it again and cannot remember anything more specific :/ I remember that book had a brown cover with a woman, who was alone with long dress. But the cover might be changed in my country as sometimes it happens. Also i remember there was a sex scene on hay in a garden at night. And i think it was girls first time

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Any idea what year it was published? Approximately.

message 3: by Siufong (new)

Siufong Tran | 11 comments OMG I think I read that too but I can't think of the name either!!!! But was it a monastery?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Greta, you need to move this post to "Unsolved" and put a description of the book in your header so more people will click on it.

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Aug 28, 2013 12:45PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Greta--I moved this up to Unsolved for you. You'll get a lot more people looking at it there.

If you edit your heading and put a little bit of a description in that, it will also help you attract attention from "the right kind of people." (Meaning those who read historicals.) One possible suggestion: Knights help young girl run away from monastery, later she becomes queens servant or something about being the King's Singer

Is there any paranormal elements to this book, or is it straight historical?

message 6: by Greta (last edited Aug 28, 2013 04:45PM) (new)

Greta Gaurilčikaitė | 11 comments Lobstergirl, i just know that i read it like 10 years ago and then it was really old.

Siufong, i think so, its were nuns live, but i don't really know if it is a right word for that.

Ann, thank you, i'll try to check there. Somehow i think it might be somehow paranormal a little but i am not sure... Somehow it rings some bells in my head but that's it.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Greta wrote: "Lobstergirl, i just know that i read it like 10 years ago and then it was really old.

Siufong, i think so, its were nuns live, but i don't really know if it is a right word for that."

Convent.

message 8: by Siufong (new)

Siufong Tran | 11 comments Did it take place in England as well? If it is the same book I read I think that's where it was...

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34451 comments Mod
This sounds a bit like The Yielding by Tamara Leigh, but this book was published in 2012.

message 10: by Greta (new)

Greta Gaurilčikaitė | 11 comments Siufong wrote: "Did it take place in England as well? If it is the same book I read I think that's where it was..."

I believe so. Also there was an evil man, who wanted her dead and convinced everyone that she was a murderer. And if i remember correctly, he had some kind of amulet that was pointed out.

message 11: by Fani *loves angst* (last edited Sep 03, 2013 12:22AM) (new)

Fani *loves angst* (fanip) | 7 comments Well, there's a book called Velvet Song (Montgomery, #4) by Jude Deveraux by Jude Deveraux which has some similarities with what you're describing, though they don't sound exactly the same to me.

Heroine is dressed as a boy I think when she first meets the knight but he soon figures the truth. She has a great voice and loves to sing, but to be honest I don't remember anything about her being the king's singer, but I read it ages ago and the blurb here in GR mentions him. At some point she's accused of witchcraft by an evil man. The hero is accompanied with another knight, a friend of his named Jocelyn, who likes the heroine and convinces the hero to not be so hard and rude with her.

Thought it was worth a shot:)

message 12: by Greta (new)

Greta Gaurilčikaitė | 11 comments Fani wrote: "Well, there's a book called Velvet Song (Montgomery, #4) by Jude Deveraux by Jude Deveraux which has some similarities with what you're describing, though they don't sound exactly the same to me.

Heroine is dres..."

It's not the book i am looking for, but velvet song is also a great one ;)

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Greta, I added details to your header to get more people clicking on it.

message 14: by Greta (new)

Greta Gaurilčikaitė | 11 comments Thank you

message 15: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Maybe it's the first book from the Ladies of St. Jude's Abbey series.
A Knight Like No Other A Knight Like No Other (Ladies of St. Jude's Abbey #1) by Jocelyn Kelley

message 16: by Greta (new)

Greta Gaurilčikaitė | 11 comments Eh, still not the one, there are no warrior women. But thank you

message 17: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
The Virgin in the Ice possibly? Only very vaguely matches your description, but thought I'd throw it out. (It's very definitely a mystery, btw.)

message 18: by Greta (new)

Greta Gaurilčikaitė | 11 comments It's a series of books. 4 in total about 4 sisters.

message 19: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Greta, do you remember anything about the other books in the series? Did the sisters end up at different Abbey? Or, were their circumstances completely different from the first sister?

message 20: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments oh, one more thing... I saw on your profile you are located in Lithuania. Do you remember what language you read the book in? Was it a translation?

message 21: by Greta (new)

Greta Gaurilčikaitė | 11 comments Yes, it was translated. I didn't have other books so I don't know about them. Also part with abbey was very brief, she ran away from it and that's it.

message 22: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Greta, are you still looking for this book?

message 23: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Greta, are you still looking for this book?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.