Ask Nenia Campbell discussion

Ask the author > Like my books? Want recs of similar books?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell (neniacampbell) | 213 comments Mod
Post requests for books here. I'm not popular enough to have a "people who liked this book also liked..." list yet, so I'm happy to oblige personal requests. :D

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex  | 149 comments If you loved Pikachu's Horrorscape trilogy, you're gonna like The Forbidden Game (The Forbidden Game, #1-3) by L.J. Smith

Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell (neniacampbell) | 213 comments Mod
Ooh, yes. <3

Also,

The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell

and

The Collector by John Fowles

and

The Taker (The Taker, #1) by Alma Katsu

message 4: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (thesebooksaremyfriends) Oh great. MORE books for my TBR/Amazon Wish list

Hahahaha! Sorry. <3

message 6: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (thesebooksaremyfriends) Nenia wrote: "Hahahaha! Sorry. <3"

You say that but I don't really think you mean it ;)

You're right - I was lying. Your book-angst delights Nenia. *evil laughter and lightning flashes*

message 8: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (thesebooksaremyfriends) Nenia wrote: "You're right - I was lying. Your book-angst delights Nenia. *evil laughter and lightning flashes*"

That is much more like it!

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna Kļaviņa (annamatsuyama) | 27 comments I love The Collector by John Fowles .

And I would recommend As Meat Loves Salt As Meat Loves Salt  by Maria McCann

Ooh - I've heard good things about As Meat Loves Salt. What's it about?

message 11: by Anna (new)

Anna Kļaviņa (annamatsuyama) | 27 comments It's about love, obsession, jealousy and desire. MC is murderer, rapist and possibly mentally unstable.

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather (xl4n1x) | 6 comments A lot of the books on my kidnapped-captive shelf have a lot of the same elements as The IMA series.

OOH. YOU DON'T SAY.

Heather wrote: "A lot of the books on my kidnapped-captive shelf have a lot of the same elements as The IMA series."

Thanks for sharing! :D

I think Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination by Helen Fielding shares some features with my IMA series too. It's really fun, and written by the woman who wrote Bridget Jones. :D

message 16: by Estelle (new)

Estelle (letoile19) | 2 comments *adds all these books to my to-read list*

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna Kļaviņa (annamatsuyama) | 27 comments I remembered this one Out Out by Natsuo Kirino . There is subplot about guy who has been wrongly accused of murder and because of that he lost his income and is on the run from the police. Now he is after the real killers and he is scary as hell. Satake and Gavin could meet and have a chat. >:D

Oooh, Natsuo Kirino! I love Japanese noir. <3

message 20: by Anna (new)

Anna Kļaviņa (annamatsuyama) | 27 comments I just finished Hatter's Castle and it gives realistic view how miserable one is when one is married with a narcissistic bastard. Let's call it Twilight, Beautiful Disaster etc 20 Years Later only with well written characters and good prose.

It sounds fascinating! I've added it to my TBR. <3

message 22: by Anna (new)

Anna Kļaviņa (annamatsuyama) | 27 comments Nenia wrote: "It sounds fascinating! I've added it to my TBR. <3"

:D It's on public domain http://archive.org/details/hatterscas...

message 24: by Anna (new)

Anna Kļaviņa (annamatsuyama) | 27 comments Nenia wrote: "OOOOH"

Enjoy!